Ikaruga

Transient Curse

Out of the games there that are full which would you recommend?.  Has anyone got the full version of Kamui at all?.

The top10 has changed quite a bit since I last went through these games, guss you'll have to pick a couple and just check 'em out.

As Horibleman mentioned if you get MAME there's some top quality stuff on there, have yourself a gander at This previous rllmuk thread which I think should answer all your questions in this respect.

Guest Cecil McBee
Incidentally, the best Ikaruga vids available anywhere are now on www.ikaruga.co.uk - the VTF-INO vids where he plays as both ships on his own and fully chains each level in the game.

That's possibly the sickest game-related thing I've ever read on here.

• 1 month later...

This may be a thick question but how does chaining work exactly; is it simply wiping out as many enemies as possible without letting go of the fire button? I'm sure there's more to it than that? Being a schmup n00b even playing for survival is hard enough.

This may be a thick question but how does chaining work exactly; is it simply wiping out as many enemies as possible without letting go of the fire button? I'm sure there's more to it than that? Being a schmup n00b even playing for survival is hard enough.

You chain up by destroying several enemies of a certain colour in a row. In Ikaruga, you get a chain for every time you kill three black enemies or three white enemies (It doesn't matter what alignment you're in.) I'm rather good at it. But I'm also rather good at being embarrasingly crap.

It's shooting three white enemies, then three black, then three white, etc. for as long as possible. The longer the chain the more points you score. You don't have to fire constantly and you can miss enemies if you like. Say you're on two blacks and there's only white enemies on the screen - you could ignore the whites and wait till another black appears thereby allowing you to continue the chain. Of course the stupidly good people never get into a situation where they'd have to do this!

Edit: Sabreman's right of course. You don't have to alternate colours - it's just groups of three that matters.