IGNORED

Guilty pleasures

blue swIIrl

"Vs" on the Playstation. I dunno why as it was beat em up with very little personality. I have been playing Quantum Redshift on the xbox sporadically which I quite enjoy. I'm still amazed by the water splashing on the camera I think.

A few years ago, I sold my ps1 and sorted through all the games to keep the good stuff, in case I got another console later.

I will always regret giving away "No-one can stop Mr Domino."

Awesome, awesome, unique and brilliant.

I was a fool.

And about 2 weeks later, my mate (who I sold this lot to) gave away some of the games, including that one.

Couple of dumb twats, the pair of us.

If you take Edge's word for it (and I generally do), then I've thrown caution to the wind and gone against their word and garnered enjoyment out of :

Wipeout Fusion (worth the ticket price for zone mode alone)

Double dash

Stuntman

However with both Fusion and stuntman, due to Edge's review I did wait until they were pretty cheap 2nd hand before picking them up.

I don't know how well they did at review, but I've gained lots of enjoyment out of both :

Battle Arena Toshinden

Jumping Flash

And would happily play Toshinden tomorrow, I really like the character design in it, though my other mates can't see what i'm on about in either title.

I wholehartedly enjoyed Jedi Knight 2 which Edge hated. Picking up stormtroopers using force grab and flinging them halway across the level was great, as was dueling with those dark Jedi. Solid gaming enjoyment, buttons to you Edge.

I had a good time playing GoldenEye but we all know that that game sucks bigtime. It was the ehm.. dull, boring, ugly, bad, blablablabalbal gameplay that made me laugh. So i enjoyed it.

RARE has to make a remake of Cobra Triangle. The only good game they ever made.

Edit : Big Rigs is cool. The worst game ever made and because of that it's fun to play. :')

I sort of enjoyed Vampire Hunter D. I bet none of you've even played that, hah!

What else? Primal, Oni, Devil May Cry pal version (har har), Bally, Elevator Action, Alfred Chicken, Spy vs Spy

I used to love Sunset Riders and I play it now and think grrrrrr whyy?

FX Fighter, that was so damned funny me and a mate playing that and constantly falling off the stupidly small fighting platform. Usually games that are really terrible that you enjoy have funny exploits to make them hilarious for about 10 minutes :P

speaking of exploits, I got a world record time on one level of Metal Gear Solid VR missions by throwing a grenade, it landing on Snakes head and then running into the objective and blowing up and falling over. shaves off 3 seconds, unbeatable time.

Primal Rage, you can see the cackhanded thinking behind it... "Kids like Mortal Kombat... they like dinosaurs..."

For some reason I really liked it. Even a 2 character demo of the piss poor amiga version (which I think was so bad it never got released) kept me entertained for a couple of hours...

Primal Rage [...] the piss poor amiga version (which I think was so bad it never got released) kept me entertained for a couple of hours.

It was released, I've still got it somewhere. It's not that bad, as Amiga beat 'em ups go. Not that that's not saying very much. The special moves are practically impossible on the one button stick, the two button option doesn't work, the graphics are terrible and you have to swap disks several times to play the exact same fight again. But even with just the basic moves, there was at least a fiver's worth of entertainment there. And I got it from Game on three for a tenner. Win!

It was certainly no IK+ or Shadow Fighter, but it's a laugh. J Nash liked it too.

Extermination for the PS2. Gimmick survival horror (pre-Thing virus type thing), spiced up with some actually fairly clever weapon customisation. But the lack of polish is truly, truly amazing- witness the dramatic cut-scene atop the Power Station, ruined as the monster flies into a rage and says in the most pathetic, gravitasless manner possible (no exaggeration) "Dennis!" (your protagonist's name).

I had a good time playing GoldenEye but we all know that that game sucks bigtime. It was the ehm.. dull, boring, ugly, bad, blablablabalbal gameplay that made me laugh. So i enjoyed it.

RARE has to make a remake of Cobra Triangle. The only good game they ever made.

Edit : Big Rigs is cool. The worst game ever made and because of that it's fun to play. :')

what.jpg