developers you hate

Guardian

mine is definitely bioware. why do people like kotor so damned much? i'm tired of the contrived long story -> back to game -> long story -> back to game mode-switching surrounding all of their characterization, especially party members. i hate the ridiculous missions you go on that have nothing to do with your galaxy-saving main quest, like finding some bitch's husband-droid or resolving some romeo&juliet rip-off. i hate watching myself jedi train instead of doing it. in fact, i hate watching everything in the game instead of doing it. i hate the way they make "rpg"s where nothing you do really makes a difference and then market them as being games where everything you do really makes a difference. nothing you do in kotor matters at all to change anything until that one single predictable star-wars-fanboy-catering cliched little choice. i almost like the d&d system, but i think i hate it. i mean, their use of it. i definitely dislike its simplification in kotor. i'm especially sick of how every publication and gamer everywhere seems to love this crappy contrived demented insulting contrived crap.

the only thing i liked about kotor was that it was the first time i ever felt like the good guys aren't necessarily the good guys and that both sides are just different ways of life. i also decided around this time that nietzsche is the dark lord of the sith. i don't think bioware can take credit for my revelation.

nwn sucks almost as much as kotor, except that the d&d system is nicely full-blown and it's awesome to develop as a monk. but that's not bioware i'm liking--that's d&d!

does anyone else have a serious problem with bioware's consistent flavor of game design?

mine is definitely bioware. why do people like kotor so damned much? i'm tired of the contrived long story -> back to game -> long story -> back to game mode-switching surrounding all of their characterization, especially party members. i hate the ridiculous missions you go on that have nothing to do with your galaxy-saving main quest, like finding some bitch's husband-droid or resolving some romeo&juliet rip-off. i hate watching myself jedi train instead of doing it. in fact, i hate watching everything in the game instead of doing it. i hate the way they make "rpg"s where nothing you do really makes a difference and then market them as being games where everything you do really makes a difference. nothing you do in kotor matters at all to change anything until that one single predictable star-wars-fanboy-catering cliched little choice. i almost like the d&d system, but i think i hate it. i mean, their use of it. i definitely dislike its simplification in kotor. i'm especially sick of how every publication and gamer everywhere seems to love this crappy contrived demented insulting contrived crap.

the only thing i liked about kotor was that it was the first time i ever felt like the good guys aren't necessarily the good guys and that both sides are just different ways of life. i also decided around this time that nietzsche is the dark lord of the sith. i don't think bioware can take credit for my revelation.

nwn sucks almost as much as kotor, except that the d&d system is nicely full-blown and it's awesome to develop as a monk. but that's not bioware i'm liking--that's d&d!

does anyone else have a serious problem with bioware's consistent flavor of game design?

You're wrong.

Just. wrong.

call me controversial but i have a slight problem with nintendo simply because they couldnt give a what for european gamers i.e animal crossing etc

That has nothing to do with what type of games they actually make though.

call me controversial but i have a slight problem with nintendo simply because they couldnt give a what for european gamers i.e animal crossing etc

I like the fact that you've made an entire new forum login just to say that.

I seriously dislike any game that Team 17 have ever produced.

Didn't they make the original Worms game? <_<

I dislike: Reflections. I'm never buying another game of theirs again. Ever. No, I don't think Atari were to blame for *that* - Reflections are just rubbish now. Utter moronic goons.

Nintendo. Zelda = shit. Mario Sunshine = shit. Metroid Prime = shit.

Eternal Darkness? Fucking brilliant. And not by Nintendo.

Rockstar - chunky characters, boring games, not my cuppa, don't like them.

Mr Spew = Troll

Yes, it was for me.  I just didn't enjoy it.  I found it massively over-rated.  I play games for fun, GTA 3, and VC didn't provide me with fun.  I'm in the minority I know, but meh.

Hey, join the gang! <_<

Me, I wasn't a huge fan of Squaresoft, but I don't mind Enix, and since they merged into SquareEnix I've not known where I've stood, really.

Oh, and I hate* EA Sports. And EA Big. They = teh cack.

*well, dislike. It's hard to hate a group of people I've never met, y'know?

Yes, it was for me.  I just didn't enjoy it.  I found it massively over-rated.  I play games for fun, GTA 3, and VC didn't provide me with fun.  I'm in the minority I know, but meh.

But you called them 'talentless'!! <_<

I'd like to see you create a virtual city rendered in realtime on a PS2.

EDIT: I now realise the irony of calling Reflections a bunch of morons. I withdraw my comment. :(

I meant the company as a whole, not the actually programmers, obviously they'll be skilled. It's just every Rockstar game I've played, with the exception of Red Dead Revolver, I've found massively over-rated and just very boring to play. RDR was boring as hell, but I loved the theme. That was the only thing that made me finish it, even then it was still an average game to me.

I have to hand it to you lot - this is THE most pointless fucking thread on here for a loooong time. It's like console wars, except with all those developers to argue over!

no one here seems to like anything i do. i, inadvertant troll.

seriously, there are like five to ten people on this board who are nothing but whiny bitches. you know those red "panic" fake keyboard buttons? get one that says "ignore". then learn how to press it. then shut up.

developers to hate, sure there are some, but mostly I hate publishers.

Rare did some great stuff, but what is up with starfox, it's crap!

And they are lazy/vaporware at the time.

I hate konami for not doing winning eleven in europe. I also hate them for not putting in 4 player in their recent turtle title.

I dislike hudson for not doing just a bit more with mario party to make it more accessable. (though mario party with booze is hugely enjoyable, it could have been even more enjoyable)

I don't like 'em either, for what it's worth. Hated KOTOR from the start, but played it for fucking ages just so I could dismiss it with some degree of authority.

One of the great mysteries to me, that game. It just seemed like a confusing, slow, ugly, bug-ridden mess. Yet it was hailed by many as a brilliant experience. And the whole scenario was more Star Trek than Star Wars. Especially all the anti-racism stuff. SW is quite the opposite in that department.

Something like Black & White can be sort of explained by the hype; Kings New Clothes type of thing. But KOTOR - people seem to genuinely like it.