IGNORED

Extreme Violence

biglime

Please, SOMEONE remember this amazing public domain game. It was a 2-player effort which had you trying to kill your opponent with various weapon pick-ups in a randomly generated maze.

Anyone? God it was brilliant...

R.

Is that the one where the play area whizzed by you at the start showing you all 4 corners then wham! you begun?

And sometimes you got trapped within 4 walls - a "feature" the author called it!

This was great fun.

Public Domain (the magazine) RIP.

Is that the one where the play area whizzed by you at the start showing you all 4 corners then wham! you begun?

And sometimes you got trapped within 4 walls - a "feature" the author called it!

This was great fun.

Public Domain (the magazine) RIP.

That's the one.

I just downloaded it and am playing it on an emulator.

It's STILL class.

R.

Extreme Violence was/is amazingly addictive! I was thinking of the game just the other day! I loved the bouncing bullets.

I haven't heard of this "Trick or Treat". Someone on the forum said it was on an Amiga Power coverdisk once... can anybody confirm that? If so what issue?

Tanks and Stuff was class. Laying hidden landmines all around your base and baracading yourself in with one flag if you were losing!

There was a wierd little split screen game called Knights as well which was like a top down dungeon crawl with zombies in it. Whenever you died your corpse turned into a zombie. It was kind of like a real time nethack with loads of different weapons and magic items and stuff. Really good fun.

I haven't heard of this "Trick or Treat". Someone on the forum said it was on an Amiga Power coverdisk once... can anybody confirm that? If so what issue?

I think thats right, no idea which issue though.

Extreme Violence was written by Paul Green, brother of The Internet's famous Dave Green, who is one of the brains behind Need To Know.

If I remember correctly, Paul Green included some pretty money rave octameds with Extreme Violence, too. They were really good.

I got a really groovy freebie game on a coverdisc once. Split-screen, 2-player, viewed-from-above space shooter, where the playing area rotated around each of the players' ships. Any ideas what that was?

Is that Transplant, or am I thinking of something else?

Please, SOMEONE remember this amazing public domain game. It was a 2-player effort which had you trying to kill your opponent with various weapon pick-ups in a randomly generated maze.

Anyone? God it was brilliant...

R.

I can do better than that. Back when it ws released, and I was about 11 or something, we went round a family friend's house and the creator of Extreme Violence was there.

Yes, I remember Extreme Violence. It came on an Amiga Format coverdisc if I'm not mistaken, and I think it was written in AMOS. I played it loads with a friend of mine. Bip (and the sequel) were also favourites of ours. Another PD favourite (also written in AMOS) was 'Hyperdrive', a lightning fast scrolling game in which you had to manouver a spaceship through narrow tunnels.

Commercial multiplayer favourites from the same era: Ports of Call and FirePower.

Extreme Violence was/is amazingly addictive! I was thinking of the game just the other day! I loved the bouncing bullets.

extreme violence on ap24 i think, trick or treat ap39 (but actually, think it would dissapoint me nowadays),

coverdisk can be found on http://amigacoverdisks.emuunlim.com/

( oh whddie beat me to it, oops)

gravity power was better than bratwurst, ap50

There was some kind of Bratwurst follow up which used the same ship polygons but had a load of extra options and 4 player mode... Can't remember what it was called, it came out in the Amiga's twilight years... It was great though.

Anyone remember Air Taxi? Another AP coverdisk favourite and cause of much swearing and punching people on their joystick arm trying to give them a dead arm.

One of my favourite PD titles was Drip, anyone ever play that?. I loved it.

yup i did, you were a drip of water and had to colour pipes and you could skip across gaps downward if you pressed fire. Bit like pacman and nice graphics but I lost the disk :lol:

Think my fave pd games were Mr and Mrs (around issue 5 of amiga power which had the ant off pushover on the cover I believe) and a bomberman clone called master blaster.

• 2 weeks later...

Another question for you guys: another PD game, i think it was calles braindamage or something along those lines.

You just walked trough a HUGE city (side view) and started out with a baseball bat. There was no real story in the game i think, only that you needed to do all sorts of drugs to stay alive & beat everybody to a bloody pulp. there were lots of weapons in there too, and after a while the army came to kick your ass.

Come to think of it, could it be the folks at rockstar played this game back in the day? :D

(ohyeah: where can i find this gem :wub: )