silent hill

Guardian

first, i have seen on the back of the xbox silent hill 2 case that "even more secrets are revealed". which version, xbox or ps2, is best? i was going to get ps2 because my silent hill and silent hill 3 are on playstation.

second, i'm just starting the first game. does this "lion key" & "scarecrow key" junk ripped from resident evil fade out eventually?

what do i have to look forward to? make me excited!

The puzzles in the SH games are actual puzzles requiring thought (so long as you dont put the puzzle level on retard), so they are different to Resi's A to B key carrying, there are few times you have to backtrack with keys that I remember. SH2 and SH3 have considerably less backtracking.

I dont know if there's any difference between the Xbox and PS2 SH2 though; did the Xbox version come with a second disk with the Making of.. etc?

Some in 3 may actually require some prior knowledge (not related to the game) or doing some research.

I thought it was kind of cute that on Hard riddle mode you needed to have prior knowledge on the content of Shakespeare's plays to solve a puzzle. A refreshing change from games that treat you like you like a ten year old.

Well, from Silent Hill 2 onwards, there's two difficulty settings you need to choose before you start a game - one for the combat and one for the riddle. In all honesty it's up to you, using Silent Hill 1 as a benchmark, to judge whether you need to make either aspect harder for yourself. It's not like Halo which only gets good on Legendary or anything.

I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to get the platinum version though (or the Xbox and PC versions - both have the prologue). It's not like it's harder to find or costs more or anything.

oh my god.  the elementary school.  i was scared out of my fucking mind.  i need to take valium or something before i play this game.

loverly fear, gotta have it. I always get a high when theres tension, i think me brains wired up worng.

I've just played through the PS2 version of SH2, and it is very excellent. I don't even like survival horror games, but SH2 is such as well-made game it doesn't matter.

As for the Xbox/greatest hits version, it just has two more endings, which I hear are pretty random anyhow, so pick up either version, and you're in for a great game. Silent Hill's psychological breed of horror is truely unique in games, and it is well woth anyone checking out. Some of the puzzles are qutie decent, but none are 'head scratching'.

I've just played through the PS2 version of SH2, and it is very excellent. I don't even like survival horror games, but SH2 is such as well-made game it doesn't matter.

As for the Xbox/greatest hits version, it just has two more endings, which I hear are pretty random anyhow, so pick up either version, and you're in for a great game. Silent Hill's psychological breed of horror is truely unique in games, and it is well woth anyone checking out. Some of the puzzles are qutie decent, but none are 'head scratching'.

No it doesn't. As someone already mentioned - the Xbox and Platinum PS2 versions have a side quest where you control Maria (I think that's her name).