Itagaki talks Ninja Gaiden: Hurricane Pack

Vemsie

Whilst this is great for fans, and also a good advert for Xbox live, some of Itagaki's comments are a little harsh - i.e. they are doing it for themselves, not the fans, otherwise they would charge for it?

Still, I guess we should be grateful for what we get. Not that I've played Gaiden yet. Despite having it since release. :P

Whilst this is great for fans, and also a good advert for Xbox live, some of Itagaki's comments are a little harsh - i.e. they are doing it for themselves, not the fans, otherwise they would charge for it?

i liked that comment. it ensures the quality of the update. it's not lipservice for fans. and i think more developers should work and make games that they want, not that they think fans want. itagaki is an auteur; the fans are sheep. the people complaining about the difficulty are the ten year olds whose moms take them to blockbuster for the latest spyro. itagaki is the one who knows what a great game is.

.::: Good stuff, the only worrying bit is that "it is planned that the original game modes will be completely overwritten by the final Hurricane Pack".

I'm not quite sure why you would want to do that... It makes the tag 'patch' gain more credibility, yet those who have finished the game will welcome it nontheless.

It would mean deleting the downloaded content to play a normal Ninja Gaiden though. Which seems awfully crude...

nah, the "normal ninja gaiden" would simply lack updated ai, an additional camera mode, new costumes and a weapon... this is somewhere between a patch and an update, and i don't think the patch elements change the "normal game" in any way that you would want to revert from.

It sounds good, and it's a lot sooner than I thought.

That 'Treasure Hunt' paragraph is so typical of ign's journalism. 'We can't use tact or subtlety, so we'll just tell you where the fucking thing is'

Ok, it's probably as mild as spoilers get, but still.

Looks like I'll have to pick this up again to download the pack. Game rental I guess. :D

It's a shame that the new AI and rejigging of enemies can't be toggled though. I'd love to use the new camera controls and weapons, but the thought of those bastard black ninjas ON THE FIRST LEVEL[/ciolor] scares the hell outta me. :(

That bastard Itagaki is so arrogant. It's this kind of elitism that marrs a lot of the so-called hardcore gaming community. Last time I checked, games did not have the status of films and music, so Itagaki should stop treating the very people who put him in a job in such a heavy-handed way, never mind the journalists that ensure he stays there.

And I think you'll find that a lot of people here found Gaiden very difficult, and I doubt they're all 10 years old.

That bastard Itagaki is so arrogant. It's this kind of elitism that marrs a lot of the so-called hardcore gaming community. Last time I checked, games did not have the status of films and music, so Itagaki should stop treating the very people who put him in a job in such a heavy-handed way, never mind the journalists that ensure he stays there.

And I think you'll find that a lot of people here found Gaiden very difficult, and I doubt they're all 10 years old.

Just fight instead of complaining

I can't be the only one who actually enjoyed the incredible toughness of Ninja Gaiden. It was extremely difficult, sometimes even frustrating but never, not once, was it unfair. After I completed the game I replayed the first two levels (on Normal difficulty) and didn't die once. Why? Because the game made me improve my skills when I played through it for the first time.

In that respect it's as good as Halo on Legendary. It's never the games fault when you die, it's always the player who is to blame.

By the way, do we know if the Hurricane Pack can be aquired without a Live account?

I'm not sure about unfair, but I hate how throws were implemented in NG. Am I right in thinking they aren't counter-able?

Does anyone wonder what Itagaki has replaced the ghost fish with? :(

Probably more ghost fish :D

It was extremely difficult, sometimes even frustrating but never, not once, was it unfair.

I felt at one point it was unfair as I remember at one save point when ever I reloaded I instantly got jumped by a couple of tough ninjas, which I felt was a bit unfair. I ended up taking it back because it was so tough and I had very little time to play it. But I think with this extra pack being brought out and the fact I now have more time on my hands I may pick it up again.

As mentioned, will there be an offline release such as being on the CD of OXBM at all?. I think if developers are going to start updating games in this fashion then the first thing to do is for Atari to release one massive patch to fix Driv3r.

I think he is.

According to the Hurricane Pack preview on IGN today, the game ramps up from being pretty fucking hard in the first place to become goddamn bumming-without-lube hard.

hooorah!

I think he is.

According to the Hurricane Pack preview on IGN today, the game ramps up from being pretty fucking hard in the first place to become goddamn bumming-without-lube hard.

Yeah, that doesnt make him an amazing artistic god. Ninja Gaiden was good, but not that good.

As I just said, good but not amazing.

That's open to debate. Many gamers and game reviewers see it as the greatest action game ever. Not for everybody of course, but it can't be denied that it kicks some serious ass.