I've got that little kid feeling again

Couk

Thats too bad dude. Not to rub it in, but my parents are wealthy and are making compensation for their tightfistedness over the years by paying for everything except leisure items. Which is what the student loan will be for. Shuzzang!

Are you trying to convince me to hurt you? :)

Ah well, at least you're having fun then, eh. Now I've just got to work out a way to become rich, and everything will be fine...

God bless student loans.

i have bought around three thousand dollars of audio equipment with student loans.

please don't tell me dad; he's the cosigner.

my situation is different though since no one is helping me, i am getting no grants, and i'm going to owe at least $75,000 by the time i graduate. so i guess i'm acquiring things now because i won't be able to buy them later.

Heh, I'm 31 with a wife, kid and mortgage. I'm playing games just as much today as I was when I was 10. Maybe more because mum doesn't yell at me to go to bed when I play into 3am at times :)

Enjoy your new toy. I just got one recently

Ah you have made me so happy I have been worrying alot lately about not having time to play games. My girlfriend is pregnant you see.

My DC is at home somewhere, so I'm really, really tempted to go to Gamestation and pick up another one for £20, bang it in the front room with four pads and Powerstone/Virtua Tennis/Soul Calibur etc. I've tried to convince the housemates to no avail that it's a fantastic console so they'll put towards it, cos I can't afford anything (not even £20).. How can I convince them?

P.S. I've tried brutal violence, it didn't work.

Heh, I'm 31 with a wife, kid and mortgage. I'm playing games just as much today as I was when I was 10. Maybe more because mum doesn't yell at me to go to bed when I play into 3am at times :unsure:

if i may ask a personal question, what do you do for a living? i'm worried about having time for games too, because in a year i graduate college and i'll probably be in a cubicle for the rest of my life.

NEWS UPDAYUHT

I got a brand new aqua ps2, a pre-owned memory card, gregory horror show, silent hill 2 and rez for about £180, except the weird thing is the dude game me £92 for my trade ins, and I only expected about 50 or 60! Time to check ebay for bargains. Incidentally, who can name some cheap yet great ps2 titles?

I'm off to Uni soon as well, I only own an Xbox and that is not going to Uni with me, I will miss it. The first time I opened the box for my Xbox and installed everything was a great feeling as was playing on Live for the first time.

I sold my PS2 and all its games to go towards my Xbox and I haven't looked back, I'm not looking forward to selling my Xbox due to having 142 legitimate games (95% bought, 5% review copies) as well as four controllers and a DVD-kit.

The Xbox successor better be backwards compatible otherwise I pity whichever game shop I decide to trade it all in at.

if i may ask a personal question, what do you do for a living?  i'm worried about having time for games too, because in a year i graduate college and i'll probably be in a cubicle for the rest of my life.

Can't comment for xibxang, but I am 29 (30 next month :) ), married and Mortgaged up. I'm a Civil Servant, work 5 to 7 days a week, but still manage to find time to enjoy playing games on all three current consoles, plus a PC, GBA and N64!. Bit of 2 player racing with beloved, or late night Halo single player. It's all about finding the middle ground.

You're a cock, couk.

You made me take loads of shit games I don't play (GB, GBA, Xbox, Cube, and my SP), and get a PS2 today!

I got:

PS2

Singstar (couldn't resist!)

Pro Evo 3

Disagaea

Silver memory card (worth moth :()

Aqua second controller (same again)

Came to around £210 or something, I traded quite a load in.

So yeah, FUCK YOU! :(

welded plastic.

*snigger*

:)

Anyway, yeah, nothing really comes close to the feeling of getting a new console. I absolutely love the unpacking process - getting a feel for the controls, becoming acquainted with the console's nooks and crannies. Then, you hook the thing up, and the logo pops up on the screen (GameCube was the best one - for a second there, I was 6 years old again, seeing the intro screen to Super Mario All-Stars). Magic.

Then, the dilemma of which game to play first. On the GameCube, it was Luigi's Mansion, on the X-Box, it was Halo, on the PlayStation 2, it was Gran Turismo 3, on the Dreamcast, it was Shenmue, on the N64, it was GoldenEye. All perfect, in every way. The PS2 was the first next-gen console I bought, and just the GT3 intro had my jaw on the floor. I actually resetted the console immediately, just to see it again. I thought: "that can't be real!". It was.

And this may not mean much to most of you, but to us who have a portable TV hooked up to our consoles, there's little to match the joy of carting your favourite console down to the big telly in the sitting room, and playing the night away.

Surely the Dreamcast should have had that effect on you, seeing as the PS2 is barely (read: not) better?

But yeah, I remember carting my console (Mega Drive/Dreamcast) downstairs for some big-TV fun, it was great. :)

I want to feel giddy again, I bought my PS2 today, it was fairly interesting (I wanted to play Singstar and Disgaea), but nothing new (had two already).

So I want a new console, and have a feeling I'll fall for the Xbox2.

I was also very delighted when I received my import Jap GBA-SP. I just couldn't believe how small the box was, and when I took the machine out it was just so delicate and lovely. The good thing about getting stuff early on import, is that you haven't ever seen a real one 'in the flesh' before, and you get all the magic for yourself when you unpack it.

I was in a gaming "slump" a month or so back. For some reason the PS2 seems to be taking pretty much all my gaming time (I have Xbox and GC plus GBA SP). I can't remember the game that rekindled my interest, but Disgaea is at the moment taking up way too much of my time... 170 hours and counting!

Hell I'm 29 and play games when I'm single and play games when I'm seeing someone. I just make time for it.

I'll never forget when Sega sent me the Dreamcast so I could review with it along with all the launch games. I nearly creamed myself!!

And I'll have to buy a PS2 later this year to play San Andreas - I sold mine last year to HoneyMonster to help fund my trip.

You're a cock, couk.

You made me take loads of shit games I don't play (GB, GBA, Xbox, Cube, and my SP), and get a PS2 today!

I got:

PS2

Singstar (couldn't resist!)

Pro Evo 3

Disagaea

Silver memory card (worth moth :))

Aqua second controller (same again)

Came to around £210 or something, I traded quite a load in.

So yeah, FUCK YOU! :D

Brother!!

You didn't need to get rid of that SP though, surely.

:D I'm sorry.

It was £40 trade-in (had a bad pixel too, but didn't knock the price down, hoo har!) and I have hardly any games to play on it.

Ruby, FIFA, Mario and Luigi, and that's it. :D

But PES3 is great, and Singstar is lots of fun. :( Just see the Singstar thread in off-topic! Woo.

I don't think I'm man enough to play Singstar on my own yet...

You need to get Jak and Daxter, Prince of Persia, Ghosthunter, The Getaway and a few more I cant remember.

But, ahh - the feeling of a getting a new console. Some highlights for me

Xbox - the only console I ever got on day of release. Just getting it home ( IIRC I had to take the thing home on the bus ). Then opening it up and playing Halo for the first time for 3 hours straight. Just pure bliss and Halo is still me favourite game of all time.

DC - Had to persuade the wife on this one. Getting the last one in Game on Xmas eve, worrying when I opened the Soul Calibur box from the fron and thinking there was no disc - only to open the back a minute later and see it there. Dragging my cousin through a muddy field to get a DC mag on boxing day. SC lasted me right over Xmas.

N64 - while in the shower working out how I could afford one. Jumping out, grabbing Time Crisis to trade in and then dragging the wife to Lakeside. Then playing Goldeneye (my god that controllers MASSIVE ) for the first time and being amazed at its quality.