Rachel Stevens - Some Girls

Ed-E

Richard X, the guy who wrote the song said the songs about blow jobs.

'some girls' being the girls that'll do anything to get to number one, and the blokes who take advantage of that fact. but insist the 'champagne will make it taste better!'

heh.

winner.jpg

Richard X, the guy who wrote the song said the songs about blow jobs.

'some girls' being the girls that'll do anything to get to number one, and the blokes who take advantage of that fact. but insist the 'champagne will make it taste better!'

heh.

Yeah I got that bit, I chuckled to myself thinking it must be quite ironic

Oh yeah, just listen to Some Girls and then listen to Strict Machine

That's the track I was thinking of. Stevens voice sounds nothing like Alison Goldfrapp, I think it's the baseline and general style of song that's familiar. It seems to me the guys who write this pop fluff often take their cue from other more 'out there' artists who have a cult following at the time, then take the edge off the sound before feeding it to the masses.

You could call it plagiarism but I don't think it does much harm. They do say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

I love reading these threads. Aces.

"Isn't that Joe Dolce's 'Shaddup!' an excellent song?"

"Fuck no, you weirdo. It's shit. It's an abortion. It's a boot in the nuts for music. It's not as good as any of Jive Bunny's songs!"

Incidently, this song is probably one of the best pop songs in the past few years (as will Natash Bedingfield's 'These Words' when it gets released).

Incidently, this song is probably one of the best pop songs in the past few years (as will Natash Bedingfield's 'These Words' when it gets released).

o/\o

"Read some Byron, Shelley and Keates, recited it over a hip-hop beat"

The hook is crap, but I think thats the point.

that Bedingfield song is fucking terrible. Stupid rabbit teethed fool. :)

I suppose she is slightly better than her god awful brother though.

God i hate his songs!

And there you have it. Exactly as I predicted.

Didn't want you waiting years for your prediction to come true! :)

Haven't you noticed nearly every thread turns from the main subject to anything else someone can possibly think off??!!

Shit happens. :)

I love reading these threads. Aces.

"Isn't that Joe Dolce's 'Shaddup!' an excellent song?"

"Fuck no, you weirdo. It's shit. It's an abortion. It's a boot in the nuts for music. It's not as good as any of Jive Bunny's songs!"

I love her previous song, 'Single', to pieces... I've only heard the new song once though and wasn't too impressed. I'm sure it'll grow on me, though, as it took me a while to love the other one.

I hereby declare that Rygal has impeccable taste and the rest of you are goons.

That dress looks radioactive. Like Phelan's bawz.

It looks rank, to be sure.

But, it's good on the practicality front - it looks like one swift movement to that central ring would cause the whole thing to fall off.

It will be funny if she married me I mean

My sister Rachel is married to Michael Lamb

It will be a touch of irony, but that is about likely as Walsall winning European Cup.

But it's not impossible!

:)

I love her previous song, 'Single', to pieces...

Single, I fucking hate. Not so much for the song, (although I do hate it) but more for the total cop-out in the lyrics.

One minute, it's all "Singleeeee! That's how I want to be"

Next minute, she's busily explaining how "it doesn't mean I don't wanna fall in love, cos I would." That doesn't sound like someone who's happy to be single, just someone who's going to sleep around a bit less. It's a total cop-out.

And the song is fucking awful.

But "Some Girls" is great.