My Bloody Valentine

Droo

I've got the lost in translation OST and they have a song featured on it called 'sometimes" which i really quite like..

Could people point me in a good direction for some more of their music?

Many thanks.

D

I feel really bad about this, as I'd like to think I've got very open taste in music and try and challenge it, but desite numerous listens, I've just never been able to 'get' Loveless - is it me? or does it require extensive listening. It gets mentioned so many times in reviews, influences, comparisons etc, I feel like I'm really missing out on some experience...

I like it a lot but it always makes me think that they made the music then somehow remixed it in a washing machine.

• 3 years later...
I feel really bad about this, as I'd like to think I've got very open taste in music and try and challenge it, but desite numerous listens, I've just never been able to 'get' Loveless - is it me? or does it require extensive listening. It gets mentioned so many times in reviews, influences, comparisons etc, I feel like I'm really missing out on some experience...

It's you. :(

I'm sure it's not for everyone, but I love that album. Try playing it louder, perhaps? I used to listen to it on headphones every night whilst going to sleep, that might work...especially when you fall asleep during "To Here Knows When" and are rudely awoken by track 5!

Ha! That bit where When You Sleep comes in after the end of To Here Knows When always gets me... even after a hundred thousand listens, I can never anticipate when it's going to start, and it makes me jump even when I think I'm ready for it

Whilst I adore both of them, Isn't Anything is a better record than Loveless.

I can never really decide if Loveless is overdone or unfinished; probably the former. I think Kevin Shields spent too long on it (bankrupting Creation in the process, or thereabouts) and lost the ability to analyse the record on a proper level. It's rambling and bloated as a result, with little of the finesse or craft of Isn't Anything; the songs on Isn't Anything manage to be both incredibly fragile yet absolutely brutal at the same time, and I don't think Loveless ever quite reaches those heights.