Star Wars Episode 3 gets its title

Not that I care for Donnie Darko (GOTHS ALL ROUND!), but Star Wars is primerily a kidz' film.

Yep.

A kids film with a decent story that's written competently (let's not get carried away with ourselves here).

The prequels, on the other hand, are just a bad story told badly.

Ironically enough Neuromancer is also a badly wrtten moron-level story.

"There is no there, there." FFS <_<

I dunno.

Some of Gibson's evocative writing is good, his characterisation is certainly stylish though not very deep, and he makes up some great names like Neuromancer.

He does slide downhill after his initial success though. Shame really.

You want to read a bad book, read Rama 2. One of my top 3 'worst sci-fi novels ever', along with 'Mammoth' by Stephen Baxter and 'To Hold Infinity' by John ... something.

Ironically enough Neuromancer is also a badly wrtten moron-level story.

"There is no there, there." FFS :)

You and I have just fallen out over that statement.

Neuromancer is a fantastic book!!

I like the new name and the Font is ok - hoepfully this one is great

The following is from someone I trust and who has first hand knowledge. It's not much really, because he is not allowed to say much. But there are some clues in there.

Yep, we've known the title for about a month, but it wasn't our place to let the cat out of the bag.

We could tell you which major characters get killed and by whom, which fan favorites return (despite being denied by Lucasfilm) and many other things, but as it looks like we are finally getting the Star Wars movie we've been waiting for the last 22 years (or 25, if you didn't like ROTJ), you should try and avoid as much info as possible.

Hell, even the cynical Ewan McGregor has nice things to say about the script this time, and Natalie Portman has stated that Lucas has been much more of an actor's director this time around.

BTW, the Bonus disc in the Original trilogy box-set will unlock a certain teaser trailer in November

So who has LucalFilm been denying will return?

As for the teaser being unlocked in November, I assume that would have to work on the system clock of the player, so I also assume that setting the clock to sometime in November will unlock it.

I remember him saying that nobody from the OT would be back. That's obviously been disproved though as Chewbacca's in it. Dunno who else though. Surely Han Solo would just be a little kid?

I can't really think of anybody else that hasn't been in the new ones already that anyone would actually care about being in ep3.

Tarkin and his bunny slippers? Boba Fett? Pray to fuck it's not a teenage Han Solo or something...

I think it will turn out okay. Why? Because this is the one that matters, that people wanted to see, the point in the story that everything hinges on. The first two films were basically there for the sake of it, setting the scene for the betrayal and fall from grace. It's like when you think up a story and you have a really cool chapter/tale quite someway down the line that you just know is going to be ace but first you've work out a way how to get there and it could be you're not really as interested and you don't spend so much time and thought on getting there as it's not really the story you want to tell. Great writers don't have this problem but obviously, Lucas isn't a great writer.

I hope it's going to be good. "Third time lucky?" To be honest, the first two had their moments. Let's face it, Darth Maul was fucking ace as was the Sith Infultrator. Anakin taking out a load of Tusken Raiders, Clone Wars scrapping... it's a shame those moments were disjointed with misjudged ideas - Jar Jar, the pod race which went on too long, Anakin's accidental destruction of a droid control ship, the droid factory, etc. etc.

I think this will be more anticipated than Episode 1 because we know that there will be more of a connection between 3 and 4 (duh). I'm curious to see the Anakin - Obi Wan scrap and if General Grievous is anything like he is in Lord Genndy's Clone Wars, he should be aces.

As for the teaser being unlocked in November, I assume that would have to work on the system clock of the player, so I also assume that setting the clock to sometime in November will unlock it.

I think it might be a DVD-Rom feature that you have access to on the web from November onwards.

I did, oops. Kind of thinking of "Return of the Jedi" at the time.

I think "Revenge of the Jedi" was a suggested title for Return, but George thought Jedi were incapable of the very notion of revenge.

I remember they had the poster with this title in an issue of RoTJ magazine.

The last time I tried to "unlock" something from a Star Wars DVD ROM, it was attempting horrendous things with my PC. Attempting to install crap, etc. Grr.

Yeah. Some God-awful custom player jobbie. Ran liek utter shit.

It was with the DVD for TPM. I think it unlocked some AOTC preview stuff.