Street Fighter 4 wish list.

Dave White

I agree the whole thing should be made from scratch!

If I see that re hashed morrigan again I will go mental!

It better not share any assets with that SVC Chaos nonsense. The sprites are largely charmless (and too big for the screen IMO). The hurricane kick sounds like someone shaking a bucket full of conkers or something!

P.S. If it doesn't have Akuma with a massively powerful Raging Demon, I'll be most disappointed.

It better not share any assets with that SVC Chaos nonsense. The sprites are largely charmless (and too big for the screen IMO). The hurricane kick sounds like someone shaking a bucket full of conkers or something!

P.S. If it doesn't have Akuma with a massively powerful Raging Demon, I'll be most dissapointed.

I love SVC chaos.

Its far to broken for tournament play but some of the levels, like the forest, look lovely and you can have massive fun with the combo system.

Good fun? Yes

Best in the series? Not a chance.

I am gonna have to get 3rd strike on ps2 now.

I've got a LE copy headed my way. :) Been hearing it's a much better conversion than the DC version was - the timing is practically identical to the arcade game, it's faster, there's no input lag and the sprites are chunkier.

Can't. Wait.

Say Ken and Ryu and Guile, and the classic fighters unlocked after mastering one of the new characters through objectives like Vf 4 training.

I would like to see the game set in the future with Ryu as a Master. In fcat, a game where all the charcetrs are masters of their styles (and hence powered up to Shin Akuma like levels) could make an interesting game if done right.

Actually, what I really, really want is a Street Fighter MMORPG. You get to make your own fighter and develop your own style by hunting down Street Fighter charcaters (and later, more advanced players) to teach you. It'd be Cel shaded 3-d, but the camera would force 2-d in fights so it would play just like a normal SF game. There would be tournaments everywhere with different rules (Classic, Alpha, 3 , Custom etc etc etc). Why Capcom haven't leveraged the SF story to make an RPg yet is beyond me.

There was actually a SF rpg but it wasn't released outside Japan. It had RPG and fighting sections, but fights were against the monitor robots like in the animated movie.

I don't actually like the way SNK do their new additions sometimes. Most new characters seem to be combinations of other character - for every cool character (Iori etc), there is a rip off (Ryu/Freddy Kreuger/Kanaeda clones).

However, I really like some of the SNK artwork. But the games, I feel are more of a memory test at times than SF. For eg - Using 'cheapish' (I wont go into an argument of what is cheap and what isnt) tactics againsts CPU. SNKvsCap2 is pretty darn fine but it feels a bit mish-mash for me.

SF4 for me would be 3d. I feel SF3:Third Strike is the best of the series. The simplicity of the earlier SSF2T but with some additional things (parrying, rolls etc) from the Alpha series and whatnot. Hence, I feel the 2d genre is plateau-ing so higher res graphics are not the way forward.

The celshading (better than whatever is out there now) would hopefully reflect the artistic style Capcom possess - maybe it could be done with next gen hardware with a Shrek-like level of quality? Full 3d movement like Soul Calibur would be nice and so it would probably need a new button layout as well. Keep the Super-arts too.

I like the idea of Ryu as a master and perhaps with him having fathered a kid (unknowingly?) So perhaps, Ryu sends his kid to Ken to look after so that Mel Masters has a sparring mate. These two would be the new Ryu and Ken.

But ideally a cast of about 20 would be good.

Master Ryu, Master Ken, Mel, Ryu's Kid (both about 15-18yrs old), Sagat (perhaps as a judge), Stronger versions of Yun and Yang with much more contrasting styles, Guy, Elder Akuma, Chun Li, Alex, Guile plus a few new ones. I'm a bit tired at the mo, so my memory is not so good. Perhaps Sean? An ugly/scarred Vega

I know that I don't want to see Zangief, Charlie, Sodom, Rolento, Balrog. Was never a big fan of Bison either, so Akuma could be the main baddie.

I really like that idea of the MMORPG too - particurly chasing down 'classic characters'. I wonder if it could work in 2d with an overworld like the old Squaresoft games or that Ragnarok online. Then when you start a battle, it could go into 2d sprite based fighting?

Thanks my 2 cents.

I'd basically want Street Fighter's trademark characters and locations and stuff, but with Soul Calibur's 3D movement and balanced controls (so that a newbie can win battles by mashing and cheesing, but experienced players can also win with technical and flamboyant moves.) Having said that, I'm not sure that 3D movement would work in SF's world of fireballs and horizontal flying Bisons... :lol:

Yun and Makoto are 3rd Strike's Ken and Ryu for me. Yun's Genei-Jin is deadly.

Ah, Makoto, nice to see another fan :lol:

Great power, plus a decent jump and ace dash (making up for her relatively slow walk), her only real weakness* is her absolutely arse uppercut (only really much use on a spinning Ken/Ryu). And she is the ultimate anti-shotokaner thanks to her jumping-kick super - one fireball is all it takes for them to open themselves wide for a right battering.

I quite liked Yun (and Yang, for that matter), but found they were harder to 'get back into' after a long time of not playing the game. Ah well, maybe when I'm at uni (and will only take my DC with me, to prevent expenditure of money) I'll have time to get back into the game.

As for Street Fighter 4... well, I'd be happy just to see an extra-polished SFIII, preferably sans Ken, Ryu and Q. And perhaps with the removal of Gill's evil screen-filling super, which is fine on him as a boss, but a tad irritating when a friend uses it on you in a vs. match. But I'm not really sure where they could take a fourth series...

*Well, that and the fact that after using her for a while and trying a different character I keep forgetting to use the kick button to sweep them...

i want them to keep it simple, a high-res, 2-d affair. huge characters, REALLY big, that take up most of the screen so there isn't much room for acrobatics or fireballs, just concentrating on technical, close-up punches and kicks that can be strung together into neat flowing moves rather than huge, over-the-top super combos with thunder and lighting everywhere. i loved marvel vs capcom 2, but it isn't the most interesting direction that SF could be taking right now. and normal characters.. i also really liked SF3 3rd Strike, but the weirdy guys just weren't as cool as proper lean and mean fighters. having weird characters introduced interesting new attacks, and hits from unexpected angles, etc, but it has been done, and could probably be just as good with normal characters, and a bit of imagination.

For the visuals I'd love to see them keep it in a 2D plane for the gameplay, but make all the characters and backround lovely high polygon & anime/cel shaded (whatever you want to call it, just keep the kind style from previous SF titles).

It would enable them to add some great pans & zooms, lighting & particle effects and have all the characters wonderfully animated (which only SFIII has managed so far).

The thing that annoys me about Capcom 2d fighters is the tier system.

With something like KoF98 most of the characters are very easy to pick up (circle movements rather than back for two seconds rubbish) and are pretty comparable powerwise.

In SF2 they put in characters like Akuma and Balrog and your supposed to think that's reasonable. Get rid of the bloody tier system. Just have 10 equally good characters and leave in Dan for the incredibly good players to showboat with.

I think SF3 was a wondeful game. It avoided the combo heavy over the top shit from the Alpha and Vs series and just gave us nice technical fights like SF2. I didn't like the characters at all though. Silly alien characters have no place in the main SF universe. They should keep those to the Vs games.

My ideal SF4 would be much like SF3, but with a more SF2 sort of lineup. 10 to 16 characters is plenty.

I think SF3 was a wondeful game. It avoided the combo heavy over the top shit from the Alpha and Vs series and just gave us nice technical fights like SF2. I didn't like the characters at all though. Silly alien characters have no place in the main SF universe. They should keep those to the Vs games.

I thought SF3 was an excellent game as well (well, I still do... :ph34r:).

Has SF4 actually been confirmed? What I don't want to see is 3D graphics (and that includes cel-shading), hi-res 2D is what we want. Also, no more than 10 characters are necessary to begin with.

It probably needs to go 3d, even if it stays relatively 2d. Capcom have shown they can do 3d now with DMC and Viewtiful Joe (yes, I know it's 2.5) and Soul Calibur 2 works pretty well in 3d as well.

I think a lot of people (the mainstream) were disappointed that SF3 (the first one) seemed a bit of a step back and pretty much just a graphical upgrade.

If SF is regain it's former popularity, then it needs to go 3d. Just MAKE it work. Hopefully, some sort of memory card mode where you can practice and bring a custom fighter to an arcade would be appreciated for those who don't have 'Live!'.