IGNORED

Square enix ask gamers

CouldBeWorse

Square Enix is conducting a survey on what games the players would like to see on Nintendo DS, a postcard is included in the package of Final Fantasy I & II Advance for GameBoy Advance, the list of choices include: Final Fantasy III, IV, V, VI; Chrono Trigger, SaGa series, Front Mission, Hanjuku Eiyuu, Chocobo Dungeons and Seiken Densetsu.

Hopefully they will listen. A portable FFVI would be nice. :wub:

Surely they could port most of those to the GBA? If they HAVE to port something (which they don't), at least make it post-SNES....(apologies if any of those titles ARE post-SNES)

Still, out of those....no, none really spring to mind. Front Mission 3 would be nice, if not 4!

If they port Chronotrigger then I will by a DS. Even if Nintendo reveal special previously undocumented features, like it making a really nasty amonia like smell when the stylus touches the screen, or it lowering your sperm count or something.

Tell them to stick their ports up their arse.

R.

Absolutly, the fact that they just come out and blatantly say 'which of these ports could we make most money off selling to you saps?' is an insult.

More worrying perhaps is the ammount of enthusiastic people in this thread, ecstatic about re-warmed leftovers and unfortunatly continuing to prove that you can get money for old rope.

Great! Another Nintendo handheld with more remakes and sequels!!!11

Whats so bad about remakes?

Lots of people have never played them before..

And i dont really think the companies spend *so* much time and money on the remakes..

..and im sure they earn lots of money on them

..money they can use to make better *new* games :(

There's nothing inherently bad about remakes but with a new Nintendo console supposedly innovating with dual screens it reeks of a money spinner that a large company such as Square Enix or Nintendo for that matter is content to roll out rehash after rehash (Nintendo Classics anyone?).

And, imo that they’ve got some audacity to just come out and ask gamers what games they want remade, it just totally stinks.

But I for one have, and I'm sure many others here have.

And i dont really think the companies spend *so* much time and money on the remakes..

Yeah I think you're right. It just pisses me off what with a NEW innovative console a huge developer is going to do just about what every other developer has done on the GBA for years; ports and remakes.

Yeah I think you're right. It just pisses me off what with a NEW innovative console a huge developer is going to do just about what every other developer has done on the GBA for years; ports and remakes.

..but i dont think remakes leads to less *new* games

..proably the same amount .. or even more beacuse of the money the remakes bring in :(

i think i read there were 120 games or something in the works for DS

..im sure there will be mostly *new* games

..and im sure they earn lots of money on them

..money they can use to make better *new* games :(

Reasons why remakes are bad - lesson one

Companies think they can get away with charging full price for crap you could pick up for pennies on the original format, or could emulate for free. See - Mario re-releases on GBA, £30 each please guv'nor. I bought Mario All Stars for the SNES off eBay months ago for about £5. 'Nuff said I think. Where is the value for the consumer in that?

IN SE's case, FFs I, II, IV, V and VI are available for the Playstation:

FF Origins - less than a tenner

FF Anthology - less than a tenner

FF VI - less than a pound

So yea, like biglime said, they can stuff their remakes up their jukes.

Oooh merci beacoup...will give that my full attention at some point in the next few weeks.

However I would still like to see a full commercial release of FFIII in English - seems odd and very unlike Square to leave it just sitting there (then again Mana 2 never got offically translated did it...)

Anyway just to clarify something - I don't have any objection to full remakes - I'm talking REmake, Sword of Mana style things here - add something to a classic game and give it a new audiance is a good thing surely?

Ports I do kind of object to as they are a lazy exercise in making money as has been rightly pointed out earlier in this thread are going to add nothing to the unique potential of the DS.

However if people will buy them then why shouldn't companies re-release their old games - the games industry has a very short memory - the urge to call anything over 5 years old as 'retro' is evidence of this. Say unlike films and music 'classic' games have been left to rot - why is porting old games to new systems any different to re-releasing films on DVD or special editions of classic albums.

To my mind as long as Square add a bit of extra stuff I don't mind them bringing out old games - I probably won't buy them because I've played most of them before but why shouldn't others get a chance to discover 'classics' which are unavailiable to them after the death of the original format.

And to those who suggested emulation - this is exactly why emulation is ilegal - if there still is a viable market for these games and a company puts them back out - why should you be able to pick them up for free?

then again Mana 2 never got offically translated did it...

Not quite...

Seiken Densetsu Japan = Final Fantasy Adventure Europe

Seiken Densetsu 2 Japan = Secret of Mana Europe

Seiken Densetsu 3 Japan = not released in Europe

AFAIK.