IGNORED

Buying the same game more than once.

The Gum Drop Kid

When I was young my parents only allowed me to have one console so when I was bored with my Master System I sold it for a Mega Drive etc.

Since getting a job I started buying all the consoles I previously owned and at one point I had them all set up in my room ready for use! All I need is a 32X and the collection is complete!

The games I re bought were:

MASTER SYSTEM

Sonic 2

MEGADRIVE

Monaco GP 2

SF2 Champion Edition

32X

Virtua Racing (saw game for £3 but don't own console yet)!

SATURN

NiGHTS and Christmas NiGHTS

Daytona

Sega Rally

I've only ever sold my Megadrive and some of the games for it when I was younger and wanted some money for an N64

Regretted it though and bought a Mega Drive again a few years later and have been buying back some of the games I sold off

After that I've held on to all of gaming stuff, I even have the games I bought and didn't like ;)

Although I did "temporarily" swap my copy of Mario Land for Zelda: Link's Awakening once. Never saw that mario cart again...

I've bought the psx version of wipeout 2097 4 times now. Over the year my copies kept going to shit, getting lost, stolen etc. But I buy it again and again because it is THE best racing game ever made.

I agree, though I've only bought two copies. My mate borrowed the first one fro his car CD player, and his car got broken into. Took me years to find a cheapish, great condition non-platinum version again, but I did.

Also own two copies of Rez (DC version and PS2 'not for retail' version that even has a MANUAL!).

I've got two copies of Legend of Dragoon for the PS1, one that cost me over £25 on E-bay first about two years ago, and another copy that was about £10 from an indepedent games shop about a week ago while I was on Hoilday in Great Yarmouth, I couldn't reisist a game of that rarity being that cheap. :unsure:

UFO: Enemy Unknown - bought 3 times. Amiga version, PC version, PC version again when I lost the disk to the first one. Whenever I look through PS1 games in shops I always hope to find a copy nestled away somewhere, but it looks like it's pretty rare :lol: .

Other then that: Rez (DC and PS2)

and Wipeout 3 / Wipeout 3 SE - not sure that counts though.

and that'd be it. Comics however... :unsure:

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who indulges in this very bad ('cause it's *way* too expensive) habit. Some (!) 'high'-lights :

I own

- 3x Beyond Good & Evil (Pal PS2 / Xbox; Ntsc Ps2)

- 2x Prince of Persia (Pal PS2 / XBox)

- 2x Rez (Pal DC / Ps2)

- 2x Virtua Fighter 4 Evo (Pal / Ntsc)

- 2x FFX (pal / ntsc)

- 2x FFX-2 (pal / ntsc)

- 2x FFVIII (pal / ntsc jap)

etc.

- 2x PS2 (pal / ntsc)

- 2x GCube

- 2x PSX (however, to be honest : 1 PSX and 1 PSOne - which is cool)

- 2x N64 (pal / ntsc)

And don't get me started on the games I bought, sold, bought anew, some of them just to be sold again... The list is much, much too long.

In the span of this generation I first owned an GameCube. No good games and short of cash so I sell it. Xmas is around the corner so I get a PS2. Keep it a few months and sell it. This time I fancy an Xbox. Sold in a few months. Bought another one recently and sold that on ebay. Right now I've got a switched NTSC Cube bought from ntsc-uk trading folder and another Xbox which I kept from that lot of consoles I had. And that doesn't include that huge lot of consoles I had a few months back. The Cube and the Xbox are for keeps this time, so many good games. My bruv has a PS2 as well so along with my GBA SP I'm well catered for now.

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who indulges in this very bad ('cause it's *way* too expensive) habit. Some (!) 'high'-lights :

I own

- 3x Beyond Good & Evil (Pal PS2 / Xbox; Ntsc Ps2)

- 2x Prince of Persia (Pal PS2 / XBox)

- 2x Rez (Pal DC / Ps2)

- 2x Virtua Fighter 4 Evo (Pal / Ntsc)

- 2x FFX (pal / ntsc)

- 2x FFX-2 (pal / ntsc)

- 2x FFVIII (pal / ntsc jap)

etc.

- 2x PS2 (pal / ntsc)

- 2x GCube

- 2x PSX (however, to be honest : 1 PSX and 1 PSOne - which is cool)

- 2x N64 (pal / ntsc)

And don't get me started on the games I bought, sold, bought anew, some of them just to be sold again... The list is much, much too long.

:)

Hmm.

I've lost count of the amount of games I've bought multiple times.

Probably the dumbest one would be Enter the Matrix.

Which I bought 3 times...

Twice on the PS2, once on Xbox.

Don't ask why...(I was going through a bit Matrix phase...)

I've lost count the amount of times I've bought a game, traded it and then bought it again because I missed it. Gran Turismo and Metal Gear Solid are the two main culprits for me in that respect.

I have also done that with a few Xbox games such as Moto GP and Enter the Matrix (as mentioned, it was the hype) and the strange thing was, no sooner had I traded in my Moto GP 2, my friend came along and bought it from the shop as they put it on their pre-owned rack, well, at least I know it was going to a good home.

Not wanting to hijack the thread, but do you ever wonder where your game ends up when you trade it?. Or why people trade games in that are in such appaling condition are are elusive?.