New Aliens Vs. Predator Fight Scene

InsideOutBoy

Lots of bandwagon jumping going on in this thread. I saw it on Saturday. It wasn't as good as, say, Aliens but it wasn't completely terrible either. I'm quite sure it would have contradicted a lot of the background information on both Alien and Predator (from comics, books, the films) but I don't see most people caring about that. Some of the action sequences were quite spiffy and the end was alright if totally predictable. This film is mediocre, sure, but not the worst ever.

I quite enjoyed it too, I've certainly seen worse films. I'd say it's on par with Predator 2 and Alien Resurrection.

I thought the problem was that the scale of the film was too small. Fair enough, they probably didnt have enough of a budget to make it into what (I thought) it should have been. There needed to be more in there like the part with the group of predators fighting off a flood of aliens. That's what I wanted, mass pitched battles between the two groups.

I did find the one-on-one fight actually quite exciting though.

It was okay. Watchable, but forgettable. And the dialogue was pants at times.

Lots of bandwagon jumping going on in this thread. I saw it on Saturday. It wasn't as good as, say, Aliens but it wasn't completely terrible either. I'm quite sure it would have contradicted a lot of the background information on both Alien and Predator (from comics, books, the films) but I don't see most people caring about that. Some of the action sequences were quite spiffy and the end was alright if totally predictable. This film is mediocre, sure, but not the worst ever.

You are Paul Anderson and I claim my five pounds.

Or at least the couple of hours I spent watching this awful film.

I thought the problem was that the scale of the film was too small. Fair enough, they probably didnt have enough of a budget to make it into what (I thought) it should have been. There needed to be more in there like the part with the group of predators fighting off a flood of aliens. That's what I wanted, mass pitched battles between the two groups.

Aliens was made for less than this and that was very big in scale, plus it had only 5 men in alien suits. Its called clever directing, something that Anderson unfortuantly lacks. He tends to rely too much on CGI (watch resi and mortal kombat) even when it does look out of place rather than trying to find other methods that help blend in the action. The powerloader scene for example was made with minitures and clever editing, now if that scene was made it would be done in CGI. Budget has nothing to do with it, he had plenty of money to make a decent film but pissed it up the wall by paying for over the top CGI effects (why did we have to have a bullet time face hugger?)

I watched Alien Vs Predator last night. I am a massive Aliens fan and I also loved the original Predator. AvP is a pile of bollocks. 55 minutes for the Alien and Predator to come face to face in a 90 minute film!, That would be ok if the build up had been any good. :)

yeah i havent, but i thought resident evil was much better than event horizon. I thought EH started brilliantly but soon went completely into the realm of ',fuck off',

Resident Evil!, :o

I thought that was awful. :P

I hear the RE sequel is a lot better. I will see it tonight or tomorrow night. Have you seen that yet?

• 3 weeks later...

Having read many reports on just how shit this film is, I went to work, sourced and finished downloading it as quickly as possibly.

worth every available piece of bandwidth, this film was everything promised and more. This film is bad from beginning to end, and you have to get to the end to truly appreciate the full horrors.

This PW Anderson chap is possibly the most overrated director in cinema history. He did a passable job in Event Horizon granted (I disagree with Kerraig) but films such as Resident Evil and Aliens vs Predator lend themselves so brilliantly to a cinema jaunt, you would think you could not go wrong. RE was saved (possibly too strong) by a well acted lead role, AVP has no such luxury. In fact the lead actress shows no promise at all, at any stage, with any lines and at anytime.

This film is a must see.

I doubt they rate him. They probably think he's a guy who can make films that make money at the box office and do it on budget and on time.

And AVP did make a lot of money. Also Resi 2 made money as well so he is not going to be out of a job anytime soon. Personally I think studios use him because he not only does he do things on budget and on time but he also gives full control to the studio execs and soes what he is told. This PG12 rating for example, now I doubt that the things that were cut (if any, anderson could be lying his arse off here) would make the film any better but it was the studio that wanted that rating, I wouldnt think that Scott or Cameron would allow the studio to make Alien or Aliens a PG12 film when they were released but Anderson agreed, even if it made the film more shit than it originally was.

BTW yesterday I saw Freddy VS Jason for the first time and really enjoyed it, its no classic and its not as good as the first jason/freddy films but it was enjoyable and never took itself seriously. It was a good brainless slasher flick that was more of a comedy than a horror (that little scene with the speech from the destinys child singer to freddy had me in stiches). Mayber AVP would have been better going down this route ;)

I doubt they rate him. They probably think he's a guy who can make films that make money at the box office and do it on budget and on time.

ok then smarty pants, the cunts that pay to see his films rate him... sheesh. basically someone must rate him, or he would be no where; he has no rich parent funding all his films.

That good then?. I still the think the best film Paul Anderson has done is Event Horizon, I love it, might watch it tonight after work.

Agreed although it's the only good film he has done. I enjoyed Tomb Raider but I can see why others would not like it.

Mortal Kombat was quite good though, considering the source material anyway.

Mortal Kombat was a steaming pile of complete shit.

I dont care if the whole "plot" of the games was rubbish to begin with, the film was AWFUL.