Consolevania 3 svcd Torrent

biglime

Sorry, but I didn't think it was as good as before, and I found some of it a bit dull. Maybe my expectations were unfairly high. The funny bits weren't as funny and seemed to go on too long, and the reviews were shorter. I thought a strong point of the other episodes was that you could take your time over a review and you could speak authoritatively about the games. This time they weren't much better than a forum post. Still, when it's good it's very good, and I'm sure you'll figure out what works best after a while, it's worth experimenting..

The "consolevania recommends" bit at the end of each review is worth keeping.

Just saw this (though fret not, people, I shall continue to seed). It was good, but to echo some other people, I think that the balance is off. Too much comedy stuff, not enough reviews. And too much of the comedy stuff had nothing to do with video games. Though it was still funny.

Sorry, but I didn't think it was as good as before, and I found some of it a bit dull. Maybe my expectations were unfairly high. The funny bits weren't as funny and seemed to go on too long, and the reviews were shorter. I thought a strong point of the other episodes was that you could take your time over a review and you could speak authoritatively about the games. This time they weren't much better than a forum post. Still, when it's good it's very good, and I'm sure you'll figure out what works best after a while, it's worth experimenting..

The "consolevania recommends" bit at the end of each review is worth keeping.

^^^ What he said

I didn't think it was half as good as previous episodes- and I did miss Legend's street interviews, he was the funniest character by far :( However, the Scotland Today News Review thing was TEH FUCKIGN 1337(!!!!11), and I agreed with the Full Spectrum Warrior review, if that's any consolation :( I'd have liked the reviews to last a bit longer, like #1 and #2, and the 'sketches' a lot shorter. It also seemed to be less about games this time (apart from the reviews of course), which kind of negates the point I guess <_<

'TAP! TAP! TAP!' was cool though :D

I don't connect with Hitler at all. Even taking aside his extreme ideologies, I just can't like him. I can see why he should be funny (deranged rants, scruffy hair, hitler in shorts!) but I just don't get it. Plus I thought that was too long. More baiting of young 'tottie' on student nights, please.

Thanks for all the constructive criticism.

It's hard to please everybody all the time. For some reason, Americans love Hitler.

For some reason, a lot of Dutch people like the Legend bits.

Some people want the reviews shorter. Some want them longer. Some want more comedy, some less. Some want more swearing, some EVEN more swearing.

Some want less import games. Some want more.

This episode had us trying out a lot of new things, and trying to get our head round how to do this every month forever, with no money and little time. It's cost one of us about 50 quid in sending out discs alone. So it's a bit of a headache, but we're happy with what we've done.

You're all right- it IS a question of balance, and taking time to get that balance right. We'd love to do loads of short snappy segments- but short and snappy demands more time and money.

Anyway, yeah. Thanks for watching. By the tenth episode, we'll have a huge roster of characters and recurring segments that we can swap in and out as people demand. Hope you stick with us.

R.

I thought it was the best episode yet.

I was suprised with the shortness of some of the reviews, but they still got the overall feeling of the review over to me.

The non-game specific comedy moments were funnier to me that previous attempts too.

The mising 'Legend' was not a biggie for me, I thought the idea was ok, but never a major plus of the first two episodes.

All in all, as expected it was the smoothest episode yet.

Not quite 'Hollywood' <_< but definately more refined.

Now just get a decent mic so I dont have to keep adjusting the TV volume between scenes!

Torrent worked well for me - downloaded in about 7 hours and I'll leave it seeding all night and tomorrow/tomorrow night if there's demand which should help (about 8 people get 3kbps anyway!)

As for the programme - I enjoyed it tho it had a few slow bits. The start needs to be more dynamic - it just didn't introduce a 'games show' - anyone new to the series would be VERY confused and I think it's a mistake to assume everyone has seen 1&2 - the old 'on this show tonight we have' is pretty-much essential really.

I don't miss the "XBOX Chapeen" much tho one small-slot wouldn't hurt and it's easy getting laughs from passers-by - esp. as more and more of them will know what he's on about now <_<

Hitler's visit to GAME in the earlier episodes was hilarious but the whole Burger King/man wrapped in yellow tape was just worryingly weird - it needs some connection to games surely? :(

Also - Gacy, whilst funny, smacks of 'lets just do something extreme' (see Hitler also) - but it was definately the best-written and delivered bit in the whole show - comic timing and talent ahoy!

What happened to the guy living in an empty flat with a copy of Blue Stinger BTW? :D

I'd second to idea of giving the reviews a bit more time too - the review you did of Bunjingai was fcuking brilliant - the single best games review I've ever seen or read - it made me want that game SOOOOO much it hurts - that's your benchmark.

The Driv3r assasination was OK but with a little bit more grit and guts it would have been a classic - as it was the non-CV viewer would probably miss the point.

FSW was OK too but again it was more 'preaching to the converted' - a review for people who've already read the reviews - but then maybe that's the point?

Finally - I have a request - can we see the whole News Feature please?? I really want to know which way it went as it's fairly easy to follow that Bennet idiot but the woman next to you looked as if she through you were about to rape her frankly :(

(As for Bennet - for a spokesman he's a rambling idiot with ZERO delivery skills - if that's the best the entire European Software Industry can find, it is totally fcuked - what he should have said about Dixons is

"Well they've been happy to sell Manhunt and other 18-rated games/DVDs etc. upto now so I strongly suspect their decision to withdraw it is more about getting publicity than any genuine reaction to the game itself - furthermore, I trust that if they object to games of this type so strongly, they won't be ordering and selling any copies of GTA:SA as that, despite it's obvious profitability for them, would be jelly-spined of them wouldn't it?" :)

Keep taking the tablets and thanks for the laughs!

JP

I have to say I did enjoy it, but like some folks here, I was disappointed at the brevity of the reviews. It was a little more miss than hit for me. But fuck it, these guys have got off their arses and actually done what I suspect most would like to do, but are either too fucking lazy - or don't have the imagination.

What do the makers do as "real" jobs by the way? And how do you find the time to put this stuff together?

Oh and one more thing. You must crack up doing the funny stuff at times?How about some outtakes?

I'm on the Wrestling review now, and so far it's been so much more focused and funny than the previous two. One minor problem: what the hell was El Zomba? Was it just some guy wearing a yellow cummerband and red face-paint? Was that a scrotum?

Bit off, frankly.

Anyway, shorter reviews inserted at random intervals works really well, as do the shorter comedy skits.

Tap tap was wank, boring, and reeked of going to the seaside and filming for too long (of your brother throwing sand into the sea, or something equally boring/stupid).

Gacy was well spoken, but wasn't funny.

The Driv3r review was rather good, enjoyed that, genuinely had me laughing, Hitler was okay, but the visit to GAME was much better. We can ALL relate to that, and it was just funny when he went into the store - although I still feel you should have been more extreme if you're going to go to those lengths. Him standing his ground, and maybe pushing towards the front, asking to see the manager/getting chucked out could have been better.

Sorry, trying not to tell you what to do, but was really disappointed with the latest episode, but thankful you're not sticking to the same things.

The new character (with long hair) was okay, but with most of the characters, you find something you like (Legend, Hitler, etc), and they don't personally insult you, but he seemed a bit shit, and looked as if he was cracking up in some of the scenes.

The Full Spectrum bit was pretty good with the cans, although a lot of people wouldn't know what was going on - just the already converted.

Wasn't too keen on the robots at the end, should have been short (IMO), although PHONE ME A PIZZA I thought was pretty funny for about 10 seconds, same with him expecting things straight away.

For what it's worth, I could list all my favourite/least favourite bits, but I won't, suffice to say that it's a brilliant idea, and so good to see people who obviously care about the subject matter making a show like this.

I too would be interested in what these guys do for day jobs.

I would have to say that this did appear the weakest of the three, the robots went on far too long, and I would have loved to see one of the robots answer the door to the pizza guy, just to get his reaction to the costume.

The only issue I have with the show is the distribution. I will happily duplicate cd's for you guys as I live a couple of doors down from the post office. Any reason why there can't be a torrent of the show as soon as it is ready? The whole idea of torrents is it allows 1 person to distribute a file to many people without incurring huge bandwidth costs etc.

But all in all, still brilliant, beats any gaming TV show I have ever seen, and keep up the good work!

Enough from me, time to go and rent Spiderman 2.

Bring back Legend - hes very good. <_< Shorter comedy scenes (like the BEOLBoss scenes went on far too long but was still funny - anyone seen the credits on MOTOGP 2 for Xbox?).

Really like the reviews - a strong point of the first 2. Maybe do some reviews of some games that perhaps gamers here haven't been able to see/play (like me :( ) like Samba De Amigo and Radiant Silvergun.. cause you have access to thousands of games. :(

Was a little disappointed tbh.. but I think that was because the first 2 were spot on :D anyhow good luck with anything you do next you lads deserve a pat on the back - its really good to see a show made by gamers who actually love games for a change.

Finally downloaded this morning and I have to say: Consolevania keeps getting better and better. :unsure:

More of Hitler and the new additions (John Gacy, End-of-level boss & Sub-level boss) were great. :ph34r:

I have to admit I miss Legend a bit though. Just one Legend bit would be nice... :ph34r:

I take your point about trying to get a monthly show out in your spare time. I guess I'd rather have a show of similar quality to the first 2 episodes every other month, or maybe a monthly show with half the running time than leave in the padding. But not knowing anyhting about editing a TV program, maybe editing the skits down to the best bits from all the raw material is the thing that takes the time.

Calm down, it's a video games show!

It's only episode three and we all know that nothing happens in the world of video games in the summer, I guess that's why Driv3r was relased this summer! :unsure:

I like the way that for a given sketch, there's an example shown from actual game footage, as with Tap! and that guy with the beard and robot following him around. On its own, Tap! wouldn't have been funny at all. And, from my experience of games TV shows (I don't have Sky so that would be Gamesmaster, Bits, Thumb Bandits, Bad Influence etc), there weren't too many characters in them, mostly relying on guests or interviews.

I'm not too worried that this episode didn't quite meet my expectations. How often have you bought your favourite games mag and it's turned out to be a rubbish issue?

Is the show famous enough to have publishers sending you review copies or do you review games you buy yourselves? Hopefully the show will get to the stage where you can go and see previews or visit E3!

I'm expecting a Christmas Special!

I enjoyed it.

The sketches were funny but a bit too long - there's only so far you can stretch any joke.

The reviews didn't seem quite so informed, except the wrestling one (I'm with you on Firepro - definately the best). The Driv3r review could've done with more examples of why it was so bad - more of the "no land cops because i'm on a boat mission", less of the dodgy animations.

As for Legend, the funniest thing he did was when that girl revealed she played Ridge Racer and he took the opportunity to bombard her with questions. If you don't bring him back can you come up with another character who asks the public geeky questions please :unsure: