Consolevania 4

biglime

The Ten Best N64 Games Of All Time!

There were TEN good games on that console?!?!11/??11! That's twice as many as the 'cube has now ;)

Seriously though folks, they're not losing much audience by 'ignoring' that particular console, are they?

This is frankly ridiculous. I'm off to get some sunshine and ponder things of greater significance.... like why cucumbers taste so rank.

You moron, cucumbers are great.

;)

Just because no new decent ones are ever in the grocers, doesn't mean you shouldn't eat them.

Oh man talking of ruining peoples games, a few weeks ago I was playing PGR2 online with a mate (on the same xbox). I nudged this dude by mistake and it made him spin out I think, and he went fucking MENTAL.

Seriously he fucking blew his top, he was all "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING? IF YOU WANNA DO THAT FUCK OFF, YOU PRICK!". Everyone else was laughing cause it was so ridiculous. All the more funny because I didn't do it on purpose. But from then on I kept trying to take him out constantly.

Thats the end of my story.

Exactly - get someone like that and you've struck comedy gold.

Seriously though folks, they're not losing much audience by 'ignoring' that particular console, are they?

The idea that the GC hasn't had as many good games as the xbox across its lifespan is ridiculous. The fact I have as many cube games as I do xbox suggests that whilst the xbox has better third party support, the GC still competes.

The only thing stopping me having any more GC games is the crappy state of the second hand market. ;)

I thought the point was that there are sod all games that have come out RECENTLY.

4 of the 7 games mentioned are already out (Donkey Konga, Pikmin 2, Paper Mario 2, ToS).

Anyhow, I agree that the review material has gotten steadily worse in each of the episodes but the list included in the first post here for CV4 looks the best so far.

I am sure it is just a case of swings and roundabouts.

I think we really need to give it a few more episodes before complaining about the lack of coverage of a certain console over the others.

I too would have liked some coverage of some the GC games mentioned up there but then there is only room for a few reviews per show.

Personally I am more worried about the increasing amount of "sketches" completely unrelated to gaming which are cropping up. I mean I enjoy watching Hitler order a BK as much as the next guy, but what is it doing on a gaming show?

I thought it was quite obvious that my comment about dropping Tales was a reference to my 'Nintendo-Hater' reputation round these parts, and not a serious suggestion?

And it was also a little poke at Dotterel, who's doing the review and looking forward to it.

We'll happily cover Cube games, but it's an absolute fact that there's just not too much doing on the system.

As for the show being a bit down on Nintendo- we're addressing that with the N64 feature. It's just simply the case that even though there's some MAJOR Nintendo fans on the team, no-one really feels motivated to seek out Cube reviews at any cost.

Just being honest. Anyway, yeah, this is without a doubt the strongest review line-up we've had for a show, and is the first sign of our new commitment to focus mainly on games that don't get much coverage on other shows. That means stuff like Michigan.

Oh, and KOCII is a gimme for CV5. Whoever said we didn't need so much wrestling game coverage can fuck off.

R.

Don't get me wrong, Consolevania is probably one of the best things to happen to gaming in this country and pisses all over more professional attempts on TV today.

Its just from the two episodes I've seen (700mb for ep3? on 56k? fuck off) it seemed to be all PS2 stuff with little comedy gems squished in the middle. Get it covering more formats, and you'll have the balance perfect.

Big props indeed to Mr BigLime.

No Silent Hill 4?

Edge made it sound so gooooooood. It's just arrived, but I'm too scared to find out if it's as shit as 3. I really want to believe Konami have gone back to the magnificence that was Silent Hill 2. They can do it. Can't they? Oh, please say they can. Please.

Please?

In a future episode of CV, it would be amusing to see one of you don a brown leather jacket, some blue jeans and a spiky black wig to make yourself look like Ryo from Shenmue.

Then, go out on to the streets and ask random people if they know where sailors with tatoos on their arms hang out! :P:o:)

weird%20shenmue%20pic.jpg