IGNORED

Giants Citizen Kabuto

Scottish Psycho

I have just picked this up in game in Glasgow for a a tiny £1.97. Now at that price i kind expect it to be shit but i aint ever heard anything about it. Ive never played a mech game, what can i expect and will i regret the pint that i could of had at lunch time instead.

It looks kinda cool but anything looks cool at 2 quid

Ah i see ive just read the back of the box properly and there is a team of dudes in the game called The Meccs. that where ive got mixed up with the type of game. I should really read the back of things properley.

Im quite looking forward to playing this now with lots of positive feed back.......was it slated in the press? It has never really been mention on the forum.

It's one of the best games ever IMHO. Music, graphics, physics, story, missions, weapons, humour, everything is perfect.

It's one of those great games where you can just sod the objective of the mission and go for a blast around on your jet pack just because the game handles so well!

And for £2 you've got an absolute bargain!

I can't speak for the PS2 version though, never played it.

one of the guys says

timmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

makes me laugh every time.

very, very funny sense of humour all throughout the game....reapers are fucking awesome, giant is a bit pants, little guys are the best.

It predates this forum, which is probably why there is no mention of it here.

Not slated as far as I can recall, but it wasn't a huge smash hit either.

It's always getting a mention, usually as the classic underrated PC game; well, that and Terra Nova.

More so in PC Gamer; they never stop going on about them . . .

This is one of my favourite games ever. The graphics are also phenomenal (Only played the PC version however). It's also very funny, I love the old smartie who says "Plus me balls are saaaaggggyyy!!!".

It received solid reviews but unfortunately sold bugger all due to lack of marketing I guess. Real shame that, because it's a classic in my opinion. 2 quid is an absolute bargain. I paid 35 for my copy.

How does the PS2 version of this hold up? I'm always tempted when I see it in shops but don't want to endure broken frame rates and dodgy controls.

The PS2 version isn't too bad, there are a few places where the frame rate drops and the base building phase is heavily simplified.

I still liked it though.

Mind you I thought the PSOne version of MDK was nice as well.

Quality game. Think I remember the poor performance at retail being blamed on Black and White coming out a week later and also having giants in it. It's a real shame though, apart from being a completely diferent game I honestly thought Giants was much more fun and deserved to do better than Black and White.

Another thing I never really understood, which also applies to Armed and Dangerous, is how the voice acting and sense of humour is so British but the developer is American. Wouldn't a quick spell in an American focus group put a stop to it? I'm not complaining by the way.