IGNORED

Music Trios

CJ.

Looking at my Green Day post, I agree that maybe I didn't think straight. Just desparate to post something on the site as I was new.

Green Day, they are one of my favourite bands. I like their music and play their albums to death in my ears, but I agree on some other points.... that there were/are other good trios in Music.

Alkaline Trio

The Jam

Nirvana

(How I forgot the last two I'll never know!)

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

any others anyone would like to add. I'm only thinking off the top of my head.

And I do know that they have nothing on Ramones. Because Ramones were their influence. That and including The Clash, Stiff Little Fingers.

And their Outlook Records stuff was mainly loads of melancholy love songs about how Billie Joe never really was able to meet up to say even hello to girls (At the Library, Don't Leave Me, 80, The Judge's Daughter, Going To Pasalaqua, Paper Lanterns) or about drugs & being under the influence (Green Day, Android) and some were just plain weird... Well, it was Tre cool's song: Dominated Love Slave.

Guest Cecil McBee
The Hafler Trio.

Not technically a trio, but, oh well. Better than all those ^. :rolleyes:

Yup. The Hafler Trio are seriously gifted.

I'll shout for Trevor Dunn's Trio Convulsant. They've a new LP out called 'Sister Phantom Owl Fish'. It's basically avant jazz with a heavy rock twist - nothing particularly original - but the compositional and performing quality is simply stunning. For a bass, guitar + drum unit they're exceptional.

Throwing Muses worked well as a three peice after Tanya left, but I still thought they were better as a four.

The Jimi Hendrix Experience were an amazing band, the rythm section really never get the credit they are due because of the skills of Hendrix himself.