Most Difficult Moment Ever

blue swIIrl

Add another vote for Goldeneye, Aztec, 00 Agent.

I have never faced a challenge as hard as that. Every room was an ocean of insane difficulty.

Every time I got further than my last time, I was almost hyperventilating with nauseas fear - for real!

Recalling the final mad dash for the exit, being chased by infinitely spawning guards, is enough to make me break down like a Vietnam War veteran. :)

Cauldron, and Cauldron 2, on the Commodore 64. I seriously doubt anybody in the world has finished either of these games without cheating! Bloody impossible! In Cauldron you just kept dying constantly when you were only trying to move, but in Cauldron 2 you couldn't even control the thing.

Deus Ex has moments where I can be crouched in the shadows for ages watching clockwork patrols over and over again for hours waiting for the right moment to nip out. One moment in particular was when I had to navigate an outdoor section and go around walls and bypass a lock or something and there was this security bot patrolling. Very tense and quite difficult for an unstealthy buffoon like myself.

Water temple in Ocarina Of Time had me stumped for a while.

Other than that, level 6 - 3 of Asterix on the Master System was unbelievably hard. small platforms rotating over lava causing an instant death.

Come to think of it, that was a pretty amazing game if you're an Asterix fan! Probably the best Asterix game ever made!

The Water Temple had me stumped for a while too. That level in Asterix was really tough and the part with the moving platform and the spikes above and below, Asterix is cool ;)

Also Tomb Raider One. I was a lot younger when I played it and the I was stuck on the final boss for quite a while. Finally beating the Emerald and Ruby Weapons in Final Fantasy 7 was the worst :)

I don't have a clue what to do in 'A Boy and his Blob' on the NES. I end up throwing jelly beans away to upset the blob for about 30 seconds, then I just turn it off.

GTA 3 - the final mission. I'd totalled my bullet proof truck thing and just couldn't come anywhere near completing it. All those enemies, and a time limit...

In the end I just cheated and spawned myself a tank. Luckily I didn't feel bad about it in the slightest as i'd enjoyed the rest of the game so much.

I never did beat the final level in the original Driver, gave up before it cost me anymore controllers. The only guy I know to have done it had to use a cheat, fricking nightmare of a level.

I managed it in the end, but I'm not ashamed to admit it made me openly weep with rage.

I actually found Aztec on 00 agent pretty easy, complex used to drive me up the wall until one day I was trying to get the cheat then finally got it and that level became dead easy then and really enjoyable. Think I disliked water caverns more though I hate shotguns.

Rez was piss easy on all counts.

Hardest thing recently is F-Zero GX for me got I hate that Terminal level, utter genius but such a bastard.

Oh and gigawing 2 I really suck at that, think its down to the dc pad being a bit shit though so I'm gonna give it another go when I get a stick.

Jak II has a couple of nightmare moments. Fighting my way out of the slums when their is a never ending strear of crimson guards appearing both in front and behind you. And if you try to jump into the water to get away you instantly die. Which is not fun.

And the insanely difficult Onins game where the four symbols of the PS2 control pad get thrown up on screen for you to press in the right order at a gradually increasing speed. I had to get a friend to do it for me.

The bone dragon in Ninja Gaiden, I played for about 4 hrs straight before I could beat him, though it was probbably more to do with the shocking camera than the actual boss being difficult.

You found that hard? Whatever did you do when you fought Alma?

Alma. Oh yeah, that was the hardest thing I ever saw on a game(at least until I figured out a way to beat her). Seventy five attempts. I love that game.

Completing Donkey Kong was a complete bastard. Took me ages. don't know if it's because i'm just bad at it or if it is a genuinely hard game, but i'd like to think the latter.

Actually, there were certain bits in the 64 version that drove me insane. Mostly the jet pack sections with Diddy Kong and a few of the ludicrously unfair mini games.

not sure, but the fight with Ursula in Kingdom Hearts nearly made me mad. Took over 5 hours to beat her, roughly anyway i think.

I didnt figure yout how to 'hit' her properly for ages, spent hours bashing away at her thinking 'why isnt she just fecking dying?!", then realised what the cauldron was for <_<

I didnt figure yout how to 'hit' her properly for ages, spent hours bashing away at her thinking 'why isnt she just fecking dying?!", then realised what the cauldron was for <_<

yeah same here. You had to conbine spells with the cauldron or something, whatever the case it really pissed me off. Must have attempted it at least 50 times.

I found her really easy and beat her on I think my sixth go after getting her down to within one hit on my first go.

That's ok because I beat the skeleton bloke in my second try.

(of course, then I accidentally fell down the pit before saving and had to beat him again, which took me another five goes)

the shark boss in viewtifull joe...........still haven't finished that level yet

GIVE UP NOW.

You haven't a hope of beating Leo or Alastor.

Actually, there were certain bits in the 64 version that drove me insane. Mostly the jet pack sections with Diddy Kong and a few of the ludicrously unfair mini games.

Yep, that sounds like a Rare game.

On on a related note - the final boss of Jet Force Gemini was a prize bastard.

The licence tests from the original Gran Turismo actually made me weep with frustration at times. They did seem to be easier in GT2, even with That Fucking Corner from Leguna Seca.

I actually coped better with the Laguna Seca corner than I did on most other 'easier' tests - I think it was because it's such a fucking extreme corner that my brain overcompensated and let me do it on one of my first tries.

And I never did the last mission on Driver either. Horrible, horrible mission. Ridiculous.

Level 7 in Super Monkey Ball, you know the one. The sheer length of the twisty path way at the end, the really annoying bump at the beginning and the randomness of the bit with holes in. That level was like a game in itself. There is almost no room for error.

Airwolf on the Spectrum. The whole fucking thing.

You mean you got past the first screen? <_<

airwolf_p.gif

Whenever I attempt level 4 of Ikaruga I realise how far from being a gaming god I am. How the hell are you supposed to beat that boss?

Airwolf on the Spectrum.  The whole fucking thing.

All two screens? (That's as far as I got) (Actually didn't get past screen one. At least the C64 version let you play around a bit.)

Mizar at the end of Bloody Jet Force Gemini...still haven't killed the bastard.

Loved the rest of the game though so that's OK.