Most Difficult Moment Ever

blue swIIrl

Expert 7 would probably have to be my choice, given that I never managed to get past it... My first run through the Halo level on Legendary was also quite hard given that I only finished it with a considerable amount of luck.

And then there's Ghosts'n'Goblins. All of it. I fucking hate that game.

I thought Ghost 'n' Goblins and Ghouls 'n' Ghosts were extremely hard and I can still only get to level 2 on the Amiga version of Ghouls 'n' Ghosts, great soundtrack though by Tim Follin.

Another World was another tough game, instant death moments aplenty and it took me ages to figure out how to outsmart the lion. Flashback was also rather hard, one of the jobs you undertook on the second level was rather hard and the ending was also difficult, sadly, I have yet to complete Flashback. Awesome game though.

People thought the water temple was hard? I did it first time, no trouble took me about two hours to do the whole temple. How odd...I thought it was one of the easier temples. :blink:

Yep I walked through it to with no problems.

Anyway I don't think you can classify games tough if all they require is a walkthrough to progress, tough is when it requires skill to progress not mind power.

Ghost House. Yeah, but that was only hard because they'd put the jump & attack buttons in the wrong order. Oh, and I got to level 3 :blink:

Hardest game Ive finished was Bart Vs. Space Mutants on the megadrive. Only ever finished it twice. The museum level is insanely difficult with the moving blocks.

Been stuck on some final bosses for some time now: Lost Kingdoms & Bangai-O.

I bow to your greater power

EDIT #4: Frequency fans will attest to the difficulty of some of the tracks on the game. Granted, the learning curve is perfect, but there are a couple of 'walls' which will delay the progress of many a gamers ambition. Roni Size is a classic. I'm not the best player, as regular attendees of the High Score board will note, but I have mastered all the songs now. I'm a member of the 2500 club, too. Quite a difficult game for many people, this.

I've come within grasping distance of doing the 'impossible' track on robotkid vs. intersect (there's 2 actually), but never quite managed it.

As for things I've actually succeeded in doing, 3000 on frequency BT. B)

EDIT: UN Squadron on the snes! Completed it on the hardest difficulty, rock hard.

That fecking secret star road level on SMW where you had to float through the entire thing.

Avoiding all those bastard baseballs and fire flowers. :blink:

For some reason the GBA version was far easier and I got it on my first go.

Tubular.

Excellent.

Fzero GX - can't get past the 3rd level in story mode.

Glad I'm not the only one. I actually looked back in the manual to see if I was missing something, but no, story mode just appears to be rock hard.

I never did beat the final level in the original Driver, gave up before it cost me anymore controllers. The only guy I know to have done it had to use a cheat, fricking nightmare of a level.

It took me hour after hour of trying to manage it. I remember runnning around the house and screaming for a while when I finally pulled it off. :blink:

I've come within grasping distance of doing the 'impossible' track on robotkid vs. intersect (there's 2 actually), but never quite managed it.

I assume you're talking about that near-impossible synth section about halfway through.

I've only ever done it once, as I normally leave an Autocatcher for it. I was so proud of doing it that time that I think I can recall starting a thread on it!

Soooo,

Did anyone get the cheat on Facility on GoldenEye easily then?

I've done the level on 00 Agent in 1:39 before.

Its definitely not the hardest cheat.

Soooo,

Did anyone get the cheat on Facility on GoldenEye easily then?

Invincilbilty wasnt it? Did I bugger, must have tried it about a thousand times. I got really good at it but finding Dr Doak was so blimmin random that it crushed me in the end.

This and the Cradle on 00 were nigh on impossible.

--

rmg.

It is!

Once you know the level layout (and assuming Dr. Doak is in the right place) it really is quite easy.

I thought harder cheats to get included:

11: Archives | Invisibility | 00 Agent | 1:20

14: | Train | Silver PP7 | 00 Agent | 5:25

and:

17: | Caverns | 2x RC-P90s | 00 Agent | 9:30

The Facility one took me longer to get initially, but after practice the Caverns and Train ones are harder to get consistently.

The original Project IGI on the pc.

One of the latter levels has you protecting this Ruskie (Pirboi), who is gung ho in the extreme. He hides in a house and decides to run out when an APC full of enemy soldiers parks outside, they shoot him.

I've never been able to get past that level, and it tears me up inside.

I assume you're talking about that near-impossible synth section about halfway through.

I've only ever done it once, as I normally leave an Autocatcher for it. I was so proud of doing it that time that I think I can recall starting a thread on it!

You sir, are my new hero.

It's the gate that was also a demon, funnily enough. A big wall/ door with arms and a head.

DUH. *slaps forehead*

I should have remembered that, especially as when I lent the game to a friend I had to go round his house to beat that boss for him. He had his materia all wrong for that boss!

The cheats on Goldeneye are complete piss compared to Perfect Dark. It's a harder game in general.

I thought the cheat on Train was a piece of piss, as well- you don't even have to use any special tactics. Just play the level as you would normally, without wasting any time.

I remember my flatmate at university devoting about three months of his life to getting the Facility cheat. He never realised that you didn't have to wait for Dr Doak to finish his conversation- he would have done it by a colossal margin if he had found out.

I finally told him about a year ago, and he looked like he'd been bereaved. All that time, like tears in rain...

ooh, forgot all about the last boss on bangai oh. has ANYBODY done that?

Yes, the DC version. I don't remember it being that difficult either. When I go back to the game now I can't do it without a warm-up but completing Bangai-O over three really late school nights back then I guess the skills build up meant I was at the right ability level to just do it *clicks fingers* like that. Great game.

Once you know the level layout (and assuming Dr. Doak is in the right place) it really is quite easy.

That one took me the longest to get. Dr. Doak would be in the right place if you were doing badly, and no where to be found if you were doing well. You had to move fast and be dead on with the head shots. And damn lucky; I found I had to run past most of the guards, and hope they wouldn't hurt you too much.

Seems Water Temple has opinion divided. For me, puzzle wise, it was the hardest part of the game. Ocarina itself as a whole wasn't too bad. After Water Temple, Ganon's Castle was fucking piss.

The original Project IGI on the pc.

One of the latter levels has you protecting this Ruskie (Pirboi), who is gung ho in the extreme. He hides in a house and decides to run out when an APC full of enemy soldiers parks outside, they shoot him.

I've never been able to get past that level, and it tears me up inside.

Oh god. The lack of any mid-level saves in that game was a major flaw, but boy did it make for some teeth-clenching moments.

I remember when I got right to the end of that level, you wait for evac while still keeping the annoying bloke alive. I was running between two firing spots desperately trying to hold of the endlessly respawning bad guys, running out of ammo and virtually dead. It's a nightmare.

Never completed the last level, that was just too hard.

Ha ha, yes nice one. :) Navy Moves and its prequel Army Moves. Anyone ever see level three of either of those games? Not me.

Getting it to load was a challenge in itself.

The final boss of Soul Calibur 2, on normal, really pissed me off. I could never quite finish him... then one day, I sat down, put the speakers on, and totally fucking whalloped him without cheesing, without going for an unbalanced move, and with just a sliver of my life left.

I collapsed back in the chair and relished the ending music.