Gamestation Problem...

michael

Well, taking advantage of the very generous trade-in's that Gamestation are doing on retro stuff, I brought a bunch of things in and came out with a brand new Xbox. Splendid, I thought.

Or not. Got home, opened it up. There's no controller, no bundled games, not even a fucking power lead. Rang them up to complain and was told to bring it back to have it replaced. It's a pain in the arse getting into town (there's only two buses in and out every day) and it's messed up a day where I'm already feeling sick. I don't really want to go into town again, but I have to now. I'm not happy about this AT ALL

It's meant to be new, yeah? So how come the seal on the box wasn't stuck when I got it home, and how come I'm missing a fuck of a lot of integral parts? If I'm paying for a new product, why haven't I got one?

note: just had a look at the box, and it's ex-Blockbuster stock. This is taking the piss a bit, isn't it?

Hey, I'm a nice guy. I'm just grumpy today because I feel like poo. 

But yeah... a nice pre-owned game may cushion the blow ;)

:o

Hope you feel better soon. You know what will make you feel better?

Reading your Manc meet thread, as I actually suggested something!

Ohh, don't get me started on this subject. Never had any issue's with Gamestation, but the gimps at Game regularly give out 2nd hand stock they descibe as "new"

It's outragous, but I mentioned it here before only to be confronted by 20 people that said it was great that Game let them buy a game, so they could take it home, take a shit on it, use it to sharpen knives on, then take it back to get a full refund. The same people also think it's tough shit is someone then comes along and buys this game as new.

This is my pet hate, if I become a god/superhero/stinkingly rich, I will rain down a torrent of hate upon these people, and smite them good and proper.

*goes away to breathe into a paper bag and clam down*

Reimburse costs? Well, if I blag a game out of them, that'll make up for it.

I've calmed down a bit now, but I'm still a bit fucked off. I had a day of world-class sitting down planned, and now it's been ruined... ;)

Fuck it. I'll stop whinging now.

Ohh, don't get me started on this subject. Never had any issue's with Gamestation, but the gimps at Game regularly give out 2nd hand stock they descibe as "new"

It's outragous, but I mentioned it here before only to be confronted by 20 people that said it was great that Game let them buy a game, so they could take it home, take a shit on it, use it to sharpen knives on, then take it back to get a full refund. The same people also think it's tough shit is someone then comes along and buys this game as new.

This is my pet hate, if I become a god/superhero/stinkingly rich, I will rain down a torrent of hate upon these people, and smite them good and proper.

Oh, look, you've woken the old man in the corner. Now we're done for! Done for! ;)

I have to say that the people at my local GS are some of the nicest people I know working in game shops. They are all polite, know their stuff and are happy to chat for a minute or two.

Christ - you should try the Game in Debenhams of Croydon if you want shite service (although I admit what happened to you was very bad ). No please, no thank you - no communication at all apart from a few grunts. In the end I took my business elsewhere - just terrible.

So in a topic about Gamestation, you talk about GAME. Well done!

Excuse me, but know your own policies before criticising others.

Gamestation give 2 day returns on 2nd hand games, and 7 days return (just 3 days less than GAME) on new items.

So yeah, that's selling used stock as new. Away with you.

Got to say, I was really impressed with the staff at GS, actually. Nice blokes, willing to chat and discuss stuff. Knew a fair bit about imports too (which was nice) and practically ordered me to get the Xbox modded. Fair play.

I'm off into town now to get my replacement. Toodles!

Excuse me, but know your own policies before criticising others.

I know my own policy very well indeed... why ? because it's mine and I just made it up.

My policy is this - "Ignore Mr Spew, he's seem to burble out all sorts of shit"

Quite honestly, I don't understand what point you are actually trying to make - with those sorts of communication skills, you'll soon be an assistant manager at Game.

I know my own policy very well indeed... why ? because it's mine and I just made it up.

Quite honestly, I don't understand what point you are actually trying to make - with those sorts of communication skills, you'll soon be an assistant manager at Game.

;)

Good post.

Oh cunt, I thought you were Sega Kid. ;)

The point I was trying to make is that GAME accept new returns, and sell them as new again. But so do Gamestation. So I didn't see the point you were trying to make.

The point I was trying to make is that GAME accept new returns, and sell them as new again. But so do Gamestation. So I didn't see the point you were trying to make.

Personally I've never received a 2nd hand "new" game from Gamestation (but then I buy retro stuff from them if at all), but I do have first hand experience of 2nd hand "new" games from Game.

However, my policy is in place now, and I'm not about to change it willy nilly.

And we're back.

The bloke who gave me the original Xbox was on a break, but another one who was there this morning sorted me out. Even asked if it was OK to open the (brand spanking) new one to make sure everything was in there. Which it was.

Oh, and he chucked in a new sealed copy of Hitman Contracts too, without me even asking for it. I know they're knocking them out cheap, but a free game's a free game.

So, all in all, it's turned out nice again. <_<

Glad to hear it all turned out okay for you Michael, enjoy yor Xbox. In regards to Gamestation, the only problem I had was when I bought a Dreamcast from them which was faulty upon trying it. But they simply said to bring it back and exchange it so that was nice.

The problems I had were that the Dreamcast was really loud and that feint blue lines appeared on the screen, which were even more prominent whenever a game loaded, was particularly bad on Sega Rally 2 which came with it. But, that was solved and the Dreamcast went on to become (in my opinion) a superb console.

People trade in sealed games, it woulda been one of those.

PS GS are utterly clueless. The buying department and other people have fights over stock ordering. They order loads of titles to make a point. They over ordered Downhill Domination cos one bloke said it would be crap....someone wanted to prove him wrong. It flopped and they got stuck with a load of stock.

Plus they change games prices by a single quid every day. Every day i adjust a load of fucking prices by a quid for no good reason. Then next week they go back.

These would be the same people who argue against the lowering of game prices because it would make gaming less 'special' and allow the middlecore to reign.

I agree with you.

People trade in sealed games, it woulda been one of those.

PS GS are utterly clueless. The buying department and other people have fights over stock ordering. They order loads of titles to make a point. They over ordered Downhill Domination cos one bloke said it would be crap....someone wanted to prove him wrong. It flopped and they got stuck with a load of stock.

Plus they change games prices by a single quid every day. Every day i adjust a load of fucking prices by a quid for no good reason. Then next week they go back.

Lol, I was thinking of applying for a job there but you've kind of put me off it now.

I've never been called a liar in GameStation, whereas anyone who remembers the fiasco with me asking for a GameCube Broadband Adapter knows I was this close to being called one. "Ur, no, HMV must have import ones." Yes, import ones with NINTENDO OF FUCKING EUROPE written on the damn thing.

It all depends on the store, as with any place.

The one that blackakira works at smells fine, the same as when it opened really. The one in Newcastle-Under-Lyme smells a bit, and the Leicester one, was eurggh. But only because of the tinyness of the store, and how the smelly bastard staff kept walking too close to me.

There are some top chaps at some GS stores, but there's a load of stupid cunts too.