IGNORED

Zelda: Minish Cap

northy

This is obviously going to be ace and it looks like we're actually getting it a few days before the yanks:

UK Fri Nov 12th (eurogamer)

US Tue Nov 16th (ign)

So what are everyones' expectations from Capcom? Anything close to aLttP or Link's Awakening is going to make me seriously happy.

Edit: I very much agree that the Oracles games were ace (completed them both, linkup stuff and all) but they seemed to borrow from previous Zelda games a bit too much. I'd really like to see some proper 2D Zelda innovation this time around.

I completed Oracle Of Ages and started Oracle Of Seasons but made the conscious decision not to finish it because it was literally just the same old thing I'd seen in other Gameboy Zelda games. I felt Oracle Of Ages was a bit of a waste of time too. For me that makes them bad games.

If Capcom can offer something exciting, interesting and ORIGINAL then I'm keen. Otherwise I'm not going to make the same mistake.

Hmm, this might be rather good. Even though I probably have to crawl through more dungeons and find the map (pam pam pam PAM), compass (pam pam pam PAM) and boss key (pam pam pam PAM), get another hero sword (pam pam pam PAM), shield, (pam pam pam PAM), bow (pam pam pam PAM), hookshot (pam pam pam PAM) etc. etc., I'm still looking forward to it. Still, the formula is getting old. I hope Capcom have some fresh ideas as well.

pam pam pam PAM

I never get bored of hearing that sound effect. Only matched by the Gwaaaaaaaah noise when a boss takes damage. Surely I can't be the only one in this forum to have completed the final boss in the Oracles game which appears when you link up the two completed games?

I never get bored of hearing that sound effect. Only matched by the Gwaaaaaaaah noise when a boss takes damage. Surely I can't be the only one in this forum to have completed the final boss in the Oracles game which appears when you link up the two completed games?

I did it too, it's great.

Still got to do that. I'm pretty far in Ages, still have to start with Seasons.

Minish Cap seems to have a fair bit of innovation from what I've seen - the hoover thing that sucks stuff up is nice, as are the revolving dungeon bits and ability to grow/shrink.

Still, that's only a very, very small part... so it's probably not as innovative as I reckon. But then, I'm a Zelda whore of the biggest variety, so like I give a shit. :)

I liked the seasons ones they did.

never bloody finished them, though.

so yeah, it's going to be great.

Indeed. I finished oracle of ages and meant to buy oracle of seasons but never did.

Very, very good - on par with Nintendo's own Zeldas, I'd say.

Oracle of Ages is my second favourite Legend of Zelda game. It's surprisingly dark.

So just to Hijack this thread, what is everyone else's Fave Zelda title?

I've played em all since LTTP; I'll cast my vote for Majora's Mask; controversial, perhaps, but I just love that Groundhog day structure; something I always wanted to do in a game but Nintendo got there first. It's totally Genius :(

So just to Hijack this thread, what is everyone else's Fave Zelda title?

I've played em all since LTTP; I'll cast my vote for Majora's Mask; controversial, perhaps, but I just love that Groundhog day structure; something I always wanted to do in a game but Nintendo got there first. It's totally Genius :(

Majora's Mask is my favourite too. So much work must have gone into the character development. And it's just the right length too. I can never get bored of this game.

LTTP is my favourite, tho' it's probably all down to nostalgia. I was one of those irritating Amiga owning "consoles are shit" folks when I was a kid. A mate of mine showed me LTTP on the SNES and that shut me up pretty quickly! Absolutely amazing game, the sense of being in a coherent, living breathing world has rarely been beaten.

Link's Awakening is my favourite, although I'm in the minority there.

Not in my house you're not. LA all the way, and put me down as someone who thought Oracle of Ages was great (I haven't yet finished Seasons, but it doesn't seem quite as good). Can't wait for Minish cap myself, and luckily I won't have to. :(