IGNORED

Inspire Me To Move On In Suikoden 3

dreamylittledream

I'm still trying to love Suikoden III but it just doesn't love me back.

I've got as far as Thomas' chapter (having done chapter 1 for each of the main character) but then I blasted through Chronicles of Riddick - which was far more entertaining....

So I'm trying to get the momentum to give the game another crack but....its so damn slow...and dull...

So tell me does it pick up soon and should I make the time to get through it....or should I just move on to my copy of Tales of Symphonia which is calling me and decide the games it not for me...after all its had 12 hours and I'm still bored...

C'mon convince me it gets much better....it seems a shame to have loved the first two and hate this...

I'm 80 hours in now and absolutely adore it.

The first time I played it, I lasted about 3 hours and hated it. I left it on the shelf for about 6months, until I was bored one day and gave it another chance.

I don't think it really picks up until the second chapters, and you really work out what's going on.

I love the aspect of seeing everything from 3 different viewpoints.

The fighting system is kind of weird, with the partnering system but I tend to have strong fighters as my support so they can just run in and whack stuff whie I do something else with the other guy.

You'll be able to start collecting your 108 stars now you've been to Lake Castle, which has always been something that has kept me playing.

Only 15 to go now! Later in the game you visit some lovely locations and face some really challenging fights.

Also, there'll come a point where you'll have to make a big decision that will affect the last half of the game. I've kept my save so I can do it again with a different choice!

I think because this is so different from the first 2 some people really dislike it. Thi

inking back to Suiko 1, nothing much happened in the first 10 hours or so of that either.

I can't convince you to carry on, but I think it's a shame if you stop, only becasue I like it so much. diesel junkie has it down as one of his favourite rpgs ever, and i'd probably agree.

What order did you play it in by the way?

I went for Geddoe, Chris, Hugo. Tiny spoilers:

I was really shocked when Chris attacked the Lizards, then when I played as Chris and they didn't have anything to do with it...got me thinking that the story could be quite interesting.

I really liked the story, basically, it's the same as the other 2.

A little slow though.

So, yeah. I really really like it. So much so i'm taking the time to level up all my playable characters. :o

Which i've never done before.

Theres a few familiar faces which is nice.

The stars of destiny this time around are really fun too, some ace characters.

Oh, and theres some fun stuff in your castle this time around too.

One thing I don't like are the lizards. Big ugly things.

In other Suikoden news, 4 just came out in Japan.

Want it so much. Pirates! Ship battles! 108 starts of destiny!

:D :D

Alternatively play Tales of Symphonia :D

..in fairness what ive seen of Suki3 looks great. I actually own the game but have never played more than about an hours worth, just couldnt get ino it, then other stuff came along and took its place. Who knows maybe one day ill go back to it...maybe :o

I have just started playing this game now and im about 9 hours in. And to be honest, I am starting to get bored now.

The story is okay (probably the only reason why im still playing but it does drag alot of the time) but the battle system really does bring the game down, its far to slow, simplistic & boring.

I also hate the stupidly flawed buddie system. Why did they put this in the game ?????

At the moment I have finished chapter 2 for Chris, Hugo & and just started Ch2 for Geddoe (sp ?)

Ill give it a few more hours just in case.

So far its a 6/10

I'm 80 hours in now and absolutely adore it.

The first time I played it, I lasted about 3 hours and hated it. I left it on the shelf for about 6months, until I was bored one day and gave it another chance.

I don't think it really picks up until the second chapters, and you really work out what's going on.

I love the aspect of seeing everything from 3 different viewpoints.

The fighting system is kind of weird, with the partnering system but I tend to have strong fighters as my support so they can just run in and whack stuff whie I do something else with the other guy.

You'll be able to start collecting your 108 stars now you've been to Lake Castle, which has always been something that has kept me playing.

Only 15 to go now! Later in the game you visit some lovely locations and face some really challenging fights.

Also, there'll come a point where you'll have to make a big decision that will affect the last half of the game. I've kept my save so I can do it again with a different choice!

I think because this is so different from the first 2 some people really dislike it. Thi

inking back to Suiko 1, nothing much happened in the first 10 hours or so of that either.

I can't convince you to carry on, but I think it's a shame if you stop, only becasue I like it so much. diesel junkie has it down as one of his favourite rpgs ever, and i'd probably agree.

What order did you play it in by the way?

I went for Geddoe, Chris, Hugo. Tiny spoilers:

I was really shocked when Chris attacked the Lizards, then when I played as Chris and they didn't have anything to do with it...got me thinking that the story could be quite interesting.

I really liked the story, basically, it's the same as the other 2.

A little slow though.

So, yeah. I really really like it. So much so i'm taking the time to level up all my playable characters. :)

Which i've never done before.

Theres a few familiar faces which is nice.

The stars of destiny this time around are really fun too, some ace characters.

Oh, and theres some fun stuff in your castle this time around too.

One thing I don't like are the lizards. Big ugly things.

In other Suikoden news, 4 just came out in Japan.

Want it so much. Pirates! Ship battles! 108 starts of destiny!

:( :(

I played the opposite way around Hugo, Chris and then Geddoe, and it was only Geddoe's chapter that made even consider playing on...

But now Thomas' first chapter is boring me to tears

The trinity sight system is a neat conceit but really its not hugely different to playing a series of intersecting plot lines...something say Xenosaga did a lot better so far at least.

I think the main problem is I'm not getting any connection at all with the characters from the opening sections and the plot seems needlessly drawn out. Also I'm not keen on the graphical style....has an almost 'plasticy' and hollow feel to it. The battle system seems slow and unrewarding, although that could change later I'm sure...

Has really put me off the thought of Suikoden IV now...still with Star Ocean, Growlanser and Phantom Brave all in the next month or so its not as if I'm going to be short of RPGs!

Thomas' chapters are a little dull, and but it's not optional and I think it's a fun addition.

As for the battle system, I think it's a way to have large parties for combos etc without having to give everyone an individual insturction.

Which saves time anyway. Most of the time you're going to be geting them to just attack anyway. Also, I think it makes fights more challemgin, as you have think a lot more on whose spell to use and stuff like that.

I love the way it looks, I like how everything is big and chunky.

I'd finish Thomas' and not bother with his second if you don't like it.

As for putting you off IV, don't be silly!

It's totally different to this one. I think their experiment didn't work as well as they'd hoped.

In VI you only have 4 in your part so you'll be able to give them individual instructions! And it has pirates in it!

As for your Xenosaga comparison, I don't think it's similar at all.

You didn't see the same story played out from different viewpoints with different characters.

Anyway, can't win 'em all eh?