Sean Langan In Iraq

MeCCa

Yeah, I watched some of this. Made me wonder if anything like that is shown in the US. Really doubt it.

The bit where the women were on camera queuing up outside that prison to see if they could visit their relatives was moving indeed!

Have you seen his previous series where he travelled all round the middle east, including Iraq when Saddam Hussein was still in power? It was mind-blowing the access he got to places, and some of the best reportive journalism I've seen on TV - not sensastionlist at all, just the facts from the people he met on the streets of the various countries he visited.

I saw some of this as well. A quality peice of journalism. How long ago was it filmed? Surely he wouldn't risk filming there now due to the hostage taking. Sean's got some bigs balls for going on those night raids.

If they had McDonalds they'd be happy.

<_<

<_< Yeah...

"What this strip needs is maybe 4 McDonalds. That would sort it out".

"It needs a Pizza Hut"

I couldn't tell if that guy was just messing about or what. I mean, some of them had weird sense of humours but then I think they have to find the smallest things funny to keep them from getting down.

Some of their answers to his questions were really shocking though. However, I can't think of any right now.

i only saw it from the McDonalds chat.... Was really good and I wish i'd seen the whole thing (how much did i miss btw?).

Was it just me or did the female lieutenant MP give the impression of "yeah and there was this bomb that went off and it was like totally cool......dude........awsome etc etc" She just seemed to be totally out of sync with the shit that was around her, as if they were only iraqis killed/injured so it dont really matter.

The amount of US casualties was pretty alarming, and yeah the fact that most of the US troops did not seem to know what was going on at all.

It said at the end it was a BBC4 production, so maybe it might be repeated a few times on 4. Also is this the same guy that did the investigation into women being beheaded for adultury in Iraq when Saddam was still in power?

Another funny moment was when Sean was patrolling the streets on foot with the soldiers and the Iraqi kids came up for a closer look at the camera and soldiers. The soldiers began to panic and started pirouetting on their knees. It looked fucking bizarre. All you heard was one soldier saying, “This wasn’t in training. This is insane.” <_<

It said at the end it was a BBC4 production, so maybe it might be repeated a few times on 4.

idiwa, it's gonna be repeated on BBC Four on Tuesday 7th September at 12.20am.

Well worth watching all the way through, i'm wathcining it again as i missed the first 10 mins or so.

quite funny when the soldiers guarding the rear were having an argument about 'sneakers' as well.

things like this force you to think what it'd be like if this country was occupied by some other nation - you'd want to fight back and tell them to clear off just as much as they do. their methods do however leave something to be desired.

found the 'Freedom Radio' station amusing as well, clips were mixed in very well.

it was BBC4 on BBC2 - so yeh, it'll be on 4 a few more times. well worth a sky+(ing) or watch.

quote of the film - 'America has never gone to war with a country that has a McDonalds in it'. top stuff.

It's stuff like this, along with the eye-opening Control Room, that makes British TV something approaching pallatable these days. Granted, Control Room wasn't a british production per se, but you have to wonder whether the U.S. networks have even acknowledged it.