Coheed And Cambria

dam_aks

I am seriously loving Coheed and Cambria after their Reading performance this year. Its just got such a feel good factor about the music. The way the songs "work" in terms of structure seems to be routed in Hardcore, yet the sound is what every pop-punk band out there blatantly wishes they had.

If you have yet to hear them, I suggest checking out one of their singles "A favor house Atlantic". Very melodic, nice guitar work and all very easy to listen to.

Any bands that sound similar? Scream-o gets a bit too much even for me sometimes...... They are nice break from the norm <_<

Thirteenth Step - A Perfect Circle

[...]

Cave In - Antenna

Just out of interest, why those two and not Mer De Noms and Jupiter (or Tides of Tomorrow, even)?

Edit: That sounds a bit snobby, sorry: I genuinely am interested in peoples opinions/preferences of the bands' back catalogues.

I am seriously loving Coheed and Cambria after their Reading performance this year. Its just got such a feel good factor about the music. The way the songs "work" in terms of structure seems to be routed in Hardcore, yet the sound is what every pop-punk band out there blatantly wishes they had.

If you have yet to hear them, I suggest checking out one of their singles "A favor house Atlantic". Very melodic, nice guitar work and all very easy to listen to.

Any bands that sound similar? Scream-o gets a bit too much even for me sometimes...... They are nice break from the norm ;)

I really like the new My Chemical Romance album that came out on Monday - Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge. Although not identical in style to Coheed & Cambria, it does fit into the hardcore/pop-punk genre, bordering on prog at some points, but most importantly, has some great tunes that I already have stuck in my head despite only getting it yesterday. In a similar fashion to Coheed & Cambria's work, it's a concept album that tells a story through the course of the songs.

If you're interested, check out www.mychemicalromance.com to listen to 3 tracks from it on their radio player thing. It does enter screamo territory at some points though, so if thats a definite no-no then it might not quite be what you're looking for - sorry!

I really like the new My Chemical Romance album that came out on Monday - Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge.

Fuck me has that just came out? Ive had it on my pc for fucking ages now. Never listened to it properly yet but I brought you my bullets you brought me your love was a cracker

Similar to CoCa? Well, not entirely, but stuff I recommend that doesn't deviate too far:

The Movielife - Forty Hour Train Back To Penn

Instruction - God Doesn't Care

Motion City Soundtrack - I Am The Movie (a lot cheerier)

Head Automatica - Decadence (damn funky, get this!)