IGNORED

The Neighbours Thread

Thread Owner

2 hours ago, Gommy said:

I always wanted Billy and Anne together, but the way they got together was weird.

Abridged from:

http://www.neighboursepisodes.com/index.php?year=1997&episode=2806

Anne comes out of relationship, rejects Billy’s advance.  Injures self.

Billy helps her home, she falls asleep on sofa (but is actually awake).

Billy kisses her while he thinks she is asleep they fall in love and live happily ever after.

Do I need to kiss all the girls that have ever rejected me while they are asleep (or pretending to be - how they I even gauge this), in case actually we were meant to be together?

Yeah but you can’t deny the romance of “lean in for a pash”.

5 minutes ago, davidcotton said:

Depends if they’ve got the rights to the early stuff. Back in the day it was shown on bbc1 at lunchtime. 

And tea time. You had to get two showings of Neighbours and Home and Away in a day or it was a day wasted!

Fun fact: in 90s Northern Ireland we didn't get Neighbours at the same time as you all did. 

Children's BBC was the same, so that would run simultaneously up to 1730.

After that, whereas you all had a five-minute mini news segment and then Neighbours at 1735, we had an additional full hour of NI local news (because of, you know, all the bombings and shit). Then Neighbours at 1835. 

It's mad that Billy Kennedy became such a huge star in House and Chicago Fire.

I used to love that website, "some girls you may like" it's was a trove of Neighbours screen grabs of Anne, Libby et al

4 minutes ago, Peter St John said:

Yes! Shagging his son! 

(assuming you meant Izzy, not Sarah)

Quick Google: Sarah! 

Honestly not watched this in decades but watching neighbours whilst I ate my tea with my family after my Dad got home from work is such a vivid memory.

Newsround>Blue Peter>neighbours then over to BBC2 for TNG. 

I've put this on a bit ago. A little confusion where there is a Karl Kennedy with hair trying to get you to call in to win £5k. However, in the show he is bald and i didn't recognise him for a while.

Guy Pearce has just arrived on the show.

Oh, Harold Bishop is in it now...thought he was dead in the show. It's been a while.

Did Harold even know Scott and Charlene? I would have thought he turned up a while after they left. 

Edit: although .. thinking about it ... When he arrived, maybe he was given a back story that he'd known Madge in his youth and had just come back into her life? 

How does my brain remember things like that when I can't remember (as Saul Goodman also said this week) what I had for dinner last night. 

They would have known each other off screen(on screen is beyond my memory)  Was regularly mentioned in terms of speaking to them on phone and things like visits happening.

2 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

How have Susan, Toadfish and Harold not aged a day? 

It’s like the rest of the cast are their Dorian Gray portraits. 

You say that but did you see Harold in the flashbacks? I thought he looked amazingly young (when in my memory he was an old man when he first appeared on the show). A bit depressed to then find he was actually only a few years older than I am now!

48 minutes ago, Anne Summers said:

You say that but did you see Harold in the flashbacks? I thought he looked amazingly young (when in my memory he was an old man when he first appeared on the show). A bit depressed to then find he was actually only a few years older than I am now!

Haha yeah true. Still fair play to him. He won out over his rival Lou I imagine!