Japanese Sit Down Cabinets To The Uk: Prices

pancho

UPDATE: See end

OK- you can read the original topic starter below. Here is the update:

Tony may be able to include any of the above cabs in this bulk order. Prices (although you will have to confirm with him direct) range from £399 shipped for an Aero to £499 for the iconic Astro city Japanese cab.

Any one who has ever looked into this will know that the huge shipping costs nearly always cripple any UK buyer importing one of these cabs. However, the fact we are doing a crate order has brought the final price into a very easily manageable final price.

These prices are for the cabs to be shipped to Southampton- from there a courier will be £100 to anywhere in the UK (again check with Tony) or you can easily come and pick it up in a hired transit or large estate car.

Original thread text:

Anyone who knows anything about arcade playing in the UK will have wanted a candy sit down style fighting cabinet all their life.

The problem is that these NEVER get imported to the UK.

Well- I found this auction last night on ebay for a 29" japanese sit down fighter Cabinet new. Its beautiful as you can see.

The problem is that we all know this cab will go for an extortionate amount (these cabs ALWAYS do when they surface once every 6 months or so in the UK).

So I e-mailed the guy to ask asbout his second cab and, surprise, so have about thirty other people. Interest has been so high that he's decided, if he gets enough pre-orders, to put in a new order of twenty, slightly smaller (and more manageable) 25" cabinets. These will cost a measly £299 each OMG!!!! (excuse my schoooboy outbursts but this is bloody good news).

If you are interested then you'll be wanting to e-mail the guy and put your name down for one before they get gobbled up.

So for anyone who wants a non-crusty old whore of a UK Jamma cab but a slinky new white japanese sit down fighter/ shooter cab e-mail TJ at: sales@killercabs.com

These are the pics of the 29" monitor one

a6_1.JPG

city%20stephan2.jpg

CapcomMini4.jpg

Interest has been so high that he's decided, if he gets enough pre-orders, to put in a new order of twenty, slightly smaller (and more manageable) 25" cabinets. These will cost a measly £299 each OMG!!!! (excuse my schoooboy outbursts but this is bloody good news).

:lol:

*frantically empties penny jar and starts counting*

Just a bit of advice for people - the chappie is based in Southampton, meaning that if you don't live in the area and have a vehicle capable of shifting one of these lovely beasts, you'll need to add approx £100 on to the order price to cover transport costs.

Thought I'd point that out.

Rob

Southampton you say? Hmm..just down the road from me..

Im assuming these cabinets will take old arcade pcbs too?

Ive never gone down this route before but a nice spangly new cabinet at that price has me sorely tempted, how difficult is it to switch game PCBs and can you easily end up doing lots of expensive damage if you are not sure what you are doing with them?

These cabs should have normal JAMMA connectors and in that case they can take any game you throw at it that are made after like 85.

Older games usually have other connectors but there are adapters to make or buy.

It doesnt seem possible to rotate the monitor in these cabs though, so you wont be playing any vertical shmups on it.

And someone said that a naomi cab was more expensive, well, a naomi board with a GD rom, I/O board and game is usually at least $600 in itself WITHOUT the cabinet, so its not that strange.

We have a deal going on in sweden right now for "candy" cabs ( although not as new and shiny as these, but on the other hand theyre genuine SNK cabs :wub: ) that are a bit cheaper than these.

Theyre 25" though.

Still, as original poster said, these japanese style cabs are usually pretty hard to find outside japan.

Actually the screen is rotatable on the Astro and the egret- quite possibly on the others as well- you would have to check with Tony re the pictured cab, the aero and the supoer neo..

the super neo 29s are available for just over £400 and are, afaik, brand new.

• 2 months later...

Anyone else who ordered a cab a couple of months ago will, I'm sure, be aware that they come into port this week (hopefully for collection on Friday).

For anyome else interested in future imports visit www.killercabs.com

You can order pretty much any Japanese/ HK cab you care to mention and, as the orders come in bulk, the shipping is ridiculously low, making previously impossibly expensive and elusive ebay purchases well within the reach of most gamers.

Its been a great experience ordering from kc and the team offer sterling customer service. Go to the site and contact TJ if you are interested in a cab. Tell him you heard about the offer from me and you'll be well on your way.

I recommend the astro city.

city%20stephan2.jpg