IGNORED

Tos

Sydney Bristow

Sorry to hijack, but i'm really struggling with the real time system in Star Ocean 3. I hate it, and it hates me!

I can't even find an auto heal option.

It's just attack lots, don't attack as much, don't use specials, do nothing.

I'm finding it incredibly difficult, and it's reafirming my belief that real time rpgs are all crap.

Apart From Dark Cloud.

The second option 'act in a well balanced manner' will have your character heal themselves and others when they need to (they'll use items too). They will heal characters on low heal all the time though.

Alternatively, you can push triangle and tell people to do it themselves. Remeber the game pauses when you bring up the menu.

I'll try that then. I did a boss the other day and found myself constantly healing my other 2 team members with Nell.

I was getting absolutely hammered.

Gah! Stupid game.

What really annoyed me is I was dumped on a snowy mountain, decided to explore and ended up back in the place i'd just escaped from, and got killed by some stuidly hard guards.

At the moment I am about 12 hours in and I still haven't really grasped the battle concept. After failing to beat the water seal I have changed to everyone on auto. Which at the moment seams to be sort of working as I beat the water seal using this form of attack.

Poss Spoiler

Last night I tried to do the 3rd seal the wind one. I eventually beat the boss and was fairly pleased. Until that little Bitch arrived with her mate and killed me off.

So my question do other people find it annoying dieing and then having to do all the dungeon bits and again and having to walk to the dugeon. Also will I be able to get through the game using auto or will I have to start using semi auto. I am at level 20 at the moment

I'm finding it incredibly difficult, and it's reafirming my belief that real time rpgs are all crap.

Apart From Dark Cloud.

The battles in TOS look amazing and early on they were alot of fun. I think I just need to sort my button config out. I'll try semi auto again and maybe level up some more.

Sorry to hijack, but i'm really struggling with the real time system in Star Ocean 3. I hate it, and it hates me!

I can't even find an auto heal option.

It's just attack lots, don't attack as much, don't use specials, do nothing.

Apart From Dark Cloud.

The second option 'act in a well balanced manner' will have your character heal themselves and others when they need to (they'll use items too). They will heal characters on low heal all the time though.

Alternatively, you can push triangle and tell people to do it themselves. Remeber the game pauses when you bring up the menu.

I have my other 3 party members on auto.

It works fine for me and I havent struggled too much.

Messing with their AI helped too.

Having a dedicated healer and ensuring that people save enough TP is usefull too.

And I like to set a strong character set to protect the weakest team member.

The only thing i need to do now is get to grips with the on-the-fly tactics changing with the c-stick

(that and get round to playing the bloody thing again!)

ToS is wonderful - honestly - a real advert for real time RPGs if there ever was one. Not started Star Ocean yet so I couldn't comment but you can usually over ride the ai and command your party to do things in these kind of games if neccesary. In the .hack games I never bothered with the AI at all

As for tips for ToS: Put Raine in your party - all she ever does is heal on auto!

Remember that you can get party member to use items in battle, so have plenty of gels before each dungeon.

Fight all the dungeon monsters and get the memory gem so you can save before the boss!

Don't forget to level - make sure to fight lots of the world map and in dungeons - the battles may be optional but avoid them and the bosses will cream you - obvious maybe but worth a go

Tales of Symphonia. I'm currently up to 51 hours, disc two, stuck in Welgaia and can't be bothered going back to it. Burnout 3 and Riddick are sucking up all of my gaming tme and I just don't have the inclination to sit through another of Tales' boredom-inducing dungeons.

You need to find the enemy with the memory gem, and then use the memory gem to unlock the save point. There's only one memory gem and one save point in each dungeon.

Ah I already have 2 memory gems I have never used. 12 hours in and still clueless :)