Bjork

jonny_rat

I'm sure many of the Bjork fans on here will have heard Medulla by now (I'm impressed so far, but I've not listened to it nearly enough to get a proper feel for it; it's not the most immediate of aural treats). However, I've been delving into her back catalogue for the last couple of days, and found myself immersed and hypnotised by some forgotten tracks. In particular, the holy triumvirate of Joga, Hyperballad and All Is Full Of Love is more than enough to bring my thoughts to a total standstill. And on top of this, she's produced some amazing pop. Oh, and she's gorgeous.

bjork.humanbehavior.gif

:(

Agreed

Track 11 - 'Ancestors'

Can anyone explain?

Actually don't!

Its a traditional Inuit throat-singer - Tanya Tagaq Gillis. I love that track myself.

Medulla is an album that celebrates the human voice and the many sounds that it can produce... I think it's great that Bjork can introduce such an abscure artform in a mainstream (well, relatively) album. Very few people I would guess have ever will have come across anything like it.

Edit: It's a stunning album IMO, highly, highly recommended.

Its a traditional Inuit throat-singer - Tanya Tagaq Gillis. I love that track myself.

Me too. Brilliant song actually.

The range of sounds on Medulla is amazing. I didn't know what to expect, but it is a beauty and quite different in many respects to recent albums.

My brother-in-law and I aggreed the other night that she was the worst thing that ever happened to music since the early death of Mozart.

Arty shallowness at its height.

I do hope you're not going to tell us that we only like her because she makes us feel all sophisticated and smarty-like. I'm occasionally a bit put off by her more experimental stuff (I can't stand the Dancer in the Dark soundtrack, for example), but to dismiss all she's done is madness!

I do hope you're not going to tell us that we only like her because she makes us feel all sophisticated and smarty-like.

I won't.

To be a bit more honest, I hate her as a person - this "I'm some kind of faerie" attitude - and can't stand her voice.

But I can see why some people like her. And I do not question tastes anymore...

I just felt the urge to raise my little non-agreeing voice.

I won't.

To be a bit more honest, I hate her as a person - this "I'm some kind of faerie" attitude - and can't stand her voice.

But I can see why some people like her. And I do not question tastes anymore...

I just felt the urge to raise my little non-agreeing voice.

Aha, I see. That's understandable, definately.

Anyhow, it wouldn't be an appreciation thread without at least one dissenting voice, now, would it? :P

Just got round to having a proper listen to Medulla, and it's fantastic.

I love the whole beauty-through-beatboxing/acapella approach. She's done something different, and it sounds gorgeous.

The single 'Who is it?' has to be by far one of my favourite songs at the moment. It's really quite breathtaking.