IGNORED

Indie Game Of The Month (oct): Zen Puzzle Garden

JPickford (retired mod)

http://www.lexaloffle.com/

sszen1.gif

Zen Puzzle Garden

----------------------

Now this is something special, a game so beautiful and so simple that there's almost nothing to it. Yet the puzzles are fiendishly difficult and maddeningly compulsive.

The idea is to rake the gravel in a Zen Garden. As you walk around the garden, which is divided into a 12x10 grid, you drag behind you a rake. Your objective is to rake every availabl space on the grid. You can't re-enter a space you've already raked or one which contains a rock. And that's it! The puzzles start of quite hard and get harder.

The game concept, the theme, the visuals and sound all work together perfectly. This is a really lovely, and original game.

This is lovely. Has anyone bought the full version?

yeah i bought it yesteday and was playing it before. It is very, very good. But very, very hard, in a fantastic way. I am TOTALLY stuck on level 15.

EDIT: I am now stuck on 17, this is well worth $20.

This is excellent stuff, thanks for introducing me to it John.

I really hope this doesn't come over as arrogant willy-waving but I played through all 5 demo levels in under 20 minutes last night, doing 3 and 4 or my first go. Can anyone who's bought the full version enlighten me: does the game get markedly harder as things progress? I'd quite like to be infuriated by some of the levels so that I can feel some satisfication when I finally figure out how to beat them.

This is excellent stuff, thanks for introducing me to it John.

I really hope this doesn't come over as arrogant willy-waving but I played through all 5 demo levels in under 20 minutes last night, doing 3 and 4 or my first go. Can anyone who's bought the full version enlighten me: does the game get markedly harder as things progress? I'd quite like to be infuriated by some of the levels so that I can feel some satisfication when I finally figure out how to beat them.

yes, much harder. once you start getting the leaves on the ground it becomes a real brain work out.