IGNORED

Halo 3 - now coming to Xbox One. MC Collection.

Kryptonian

I just hope the assult rifle symbolises a return to the entire combat model of Halo 1 - that is non-akimbo and grenade-centric with plasmas that throw properly.

Plus I remember that early trailer of Master Chief jumping ship and plummeting through space to earth - that was "in game rendered" and looked fuck all like Halo 2 in the end.

But still Halo 1 was so gizzum eatingly good I can't help being all happy.

I just hope the assult rifle symbolises a return to the entire combat model of Halo 1 - that is non-akimbo and grenade-centric with plasmas that throw properly.

Plus I remember that early trailer of Master Chief jumping ship and plummeting through space to earth - that was "in game rendered" and looked fuck all like Halo 2 in the end.

But still Halo 1 was so gizzum eatingly good I can't help being all happy.

That would indeed be special. Maybe it'll be somewhere in between the two? The Chiefs armour looks a bit like the older Mjolnir too. Look at his visor.

I'd love legacy modes in the multiplayer, all Halo 1 weapons, all Halo 2 or all 3 etc...

Unlikely tho, Bungie are well known for their reluctance to go 'backwards'.

It was in the final game, watch the cut-scene at the end of the first level! It was just slightly modified to fit into the game's story.

Im not being a pedant, a year will pass from now and Halo 3 wont be out, then we'l be into the second year waiting for it. Itl be ages. Im not wrong, im not saying we have a 2 year fucking wait. Im saying itl be around 2 years so its a bit early to get too excited. We're gona have to forget about it for a long long time before we can play it.

You said it would be two years, for all we know, it could be less than a year - there's no way you could know it's going to be "around 2 years" so quit your annoying comments.

The Chiefs armour looks a bit like the older Mjolnir too.

From Bungie's Halo 3 FAQ section:

Q: I also noticed Master Chief's gloves had changed. Does that mean it's Mjolnir Mark VII?

A: We haven't revealed that yet . Don't jump to any conclusions.

There's no point speculating about the release date or it'll just be a farce like last time. Angel still seems to think Halo 2 was delayed but it was released the exact day Bungie said it would be.

Let's just wait for Bungie to state a date this time shall we?

You said it would be two years, for all we know, it could be less than a year - there's no way you could know it's going to be "around 2 years" so quit your annoying comments.

no.

Halo 2 was delayed

http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox/action/halo2/n...tml?sid=6087192

Halo 2 release falls back

Bungie says its Xbox shooter won't land until Autumn 2004. First multiplayer screen inside.

By Tor Thorsen, GameSpot

Posted Jan 30, 2004 7:32 pm GMT

It's official: Halo 2 will not be out until Fall 2004. The bad news came in the form of a post on Bungie's Web site. "So remember last year when we told you we don't announce release dates until we're confident well meet our deadline?" said the post. "Well, now were confident. Halo 2 will ship in Fall, 2004."

While the news was not unexpected--online stores had changed the Xbox shooter's release date to June last week--the official notice dashed gamers' hopes had that it would be released in April, as predicted. The Bungie notice also gently urged readers to "please make a note of it," as if the ship date had somehow slipped their minds.

"So remember last year when we told you we don't announce release dates until we're confident well meet our deadline?" said the post. "Well, now were confident. Halo 2 will ship in Fall, 2004."

Please read the stuff you're quoting, it makes you look stupid.

To be fair, the only release date Bungie ever actually announced was November 9th 2004.

Yeah but with the trailer coming out well early, speculation etc...everyone was under the impression it would be out sooner. Not concrete date, but they speculated in interviews it would be out sooner than it ended up.

It was in the final game, watch the cut-scene at the end of the first level! It was just slightly modified to fit into the game's story.

Sure - but it was a clip, a "movie" if you will, that did not represent the graphics, animation, or environmental detail manifest while playing the game.

It's just Bungie, post teaser-trailer, always come out with "in-game" "realtime" phrases that make you get your hopes up that it is in someway the same as what you'll see while running aorund as master chief. And it's blatantly not.

Yeah but with the trailer coming out well early, speculation etc...everyone was under the impression it would be out sooner. Not concrete date, but they speculated in interviews it would be out sooner than it ended up.

Early compared to what? They've had a year and a half on the game.

They never speculated, why in the fuck would they have to speculate about their own game?

No they didn't. Oh look, it's Battle Rifle is it angel? No, no it isn't.

oh look im spew deciding to be annoying again. great loss.

so halo 2 wasnt delayed at all, because they only announced 1 date. even though they spoke about it taking way longer than anticipated...and they were dogged with problems.

yup halo 2 came out exactly when thought. what was i thinking.

so halo 2 wasnt delayed at all, because they only announced 1 date. even though they spoke about it taking way longer than anticipated...and they were dogged with problems.

Annoying how? Pointing out how you're wrong? WELL annoying for you.

Dogged with what problems? Taking longer - so what? That doesn't mean they said it was coming out earlier.

Christ.

Early compared to what? They've had a year and a half on the game.

They never speculated, why in the fuck would they have to speculate about their own game?

well they speculated that it would be out roughly a certain time. but it took longer.

Hence the tattooing of the release date, to convince fans they wouldnt take any longer as theyd waited enough.

OK, I know it's just a teaser trailer but...

...I can't help it - Halo gives me the horn.

At least half of it is the music. They could stick J Allard and Bill Gates on in Master Chief cosplay, whack on the Halo theme, and we'd all start whooping and hollering.

Dogged with what problems? Taking longer - so what? That doesn't mean they said it was coming out earlier.

Nobody here knows when Halo 3 will be released.

What a pointless waste of arguments/posts...

i think you're more annoyed by me tbh.

Halo 2 wasnt delayed. Righto.