IGNORED

Pikmin 2

Shoes

I played 5 hours straight last night and loved every second. For me it does beat the original in every way and not having the 30 day limit is a huge blessing.

The only thing I hate about the game is my own inability to deal with larger enemies, losing stupid amounts of Pikmin before working out the best way to kill them... :)

I picked it up at my brothers a few weeks ago (he had the US copy), and didn't put it down for about 4 hours and loved every minute. Consequently I've just bought it today - first console game I've bought on day of release since I don't know when, and I'm even looking forward to playing through the first 4 hours again tonight.

Where's DS Pikmin???

YES

This is so brilliant! I was loving every second of it until I led all my red and purple pikmin to attack a beetle in a cave that I didn't realise was electric...

There's some beautiful little touches in it, like the petals falling down and the leaves being rustled out of the top when you blast through trees at the end of each day.

Multiplayer's lovely too.

I'm really enjoying this game. It improves on the original in every conceivable way in my opinion, and the first game was one of my favourite games.

The Piklopaedia is fantastic. See all the defeated enemies wander around in their natural habitat, chuck them mini 'pik pik' carrots and read informative natural histories compiled by Captain Olimar. The treasure histories are well done to. Some of the descriptions are really funny.

Some of the enemies are extremely dangerous, costing many an innocent pikmin it's short and fragile life. Still, it was worth it to get that rubber duck.

Where's DS Pikmin???

I've been thinking the exact same thing. Ideal game for the DS, it could make great use of the two screens (the two pikmin teams) and the touch screen controls.

Anyway, on the topic of Pikmin 2, I got round to playing this yesterday (sorry, not the pal version, but can I join in anyway as I only just got the US one?) and found it very hard to stop - I now can't wait to get home and play some more (my girlfirend will be pleased!).

Brilliant game, I loved the first, and had been really looking forward to this one, and am already enjoying the differences.

It also such a crule game though - I just get so upset when my Pikmin die. Especially when almost all my Purple ones got wiped out in a badly managed battle.

What scores did this game get?

I was thinking over the weekend, as I was playing it, that this is the very definition of a 10/10 game for me. Everything about it is perfect, faultless. I guess Edge would probably say it doesn't 'innovate' enough.

Me and my two kids have probably spent over an hour together having fun just throwing carrots at monsters in the Piklopedia bit.

i feel dead guilty after accidentally sending 30 pikmin to drown.

And is it me or is there somethin wierd about 100 cute animals bashing others senseless and then eatin them.

.::: The feeling wanes when one of the other animals eats about 20 of them with one bite/lick. :)

That bloody first caterpilla boss!

Yes, the first time I did that battle my entire Pikmin population was wiped out in the first series of rolls; complete panic; complete failure.

I didn't save my progress. I feel dirty.

A couple of things with it b other me but I'm probably doing something wrong. Separating your colours of Pikmin seems to be more difficult than it should be. My fella keeps falling asleep because I leave the button pressed for too long. And getting more of the rare Pikmin is a bit of a chore, as are the underground bits as a whole. And the smaller bugs are annoying more than anything else.

I don't know, for the changes they've made it still feels like playing the first game all over again. I loved the first game, mind, so it's still good.

I've got nobody to play the multiplayer games with, whic is a shame.

The first game, with the time limit and Olimar's beautifully written diary, just made be care a bit more about getting the little guy home.

So has anyone completed this yet? I feel like I'm the only person who's actually bothered to collect all of the treasure. I'm afraid to say that things do become a bit of a chore later on when you're continually resetting the game after messing upon on the trickier cave floors.

I think I'd rather have had another entire outdoor level rather than so many caves, since that's where I feel I had most fun.

So has anyone completed this yet? I feel like I'm the only person who's actually bothered to collect all of the treasure.

To be honest I got to around 60% and then got a bit bored. All this talk of the PAL version is making me want to go back to it though.

What scores did this game get?

I was thinking over the weekend, as I was playing it, that this is the very definition of a 10/10 game for me. Everything about it is perfect, faultless. I guess Edge would probably say it doesn't 'innovate' enough.

Me and my two kids have probably spent over an hour together having fun just throwing carrots at monsters in the Piklopedia bit.

Scorewise, I think Edge gave it an 8, possibly a 9, can't confirm this as I'm at work.

Love the piklopaedia aswell, as does my nephew. It really is shaping up to be one of my favourite games of all time. It really does improve on the first in every way. A modern classic.

The Glutton's cave sublevel on Perplexing Pool is great! I love the Giant Breadbug.

How many of your Pikmin have died (question is directed at anyone)? I'm on about day 20, and over 200 have gone. That seems quite a lot. It's those fucking Grub Dogs. I can't kill them properly.

The Glutton's cave sublevel on Perplexing Pool is great! I love the Giant Breadbug.

How many of your Pikmin have died (question is directed at anyone)? I'm on about day 20, and over 200 have gone. That seems quite a lot. It's those fucking Grub Dogs. I can't kill them properly.

I'm on day 20, lost 70.

Killing grub dogs is easy, just get a group of about 15 purples and perhaps a few reds, rapidly throw the purples on to their backs, (and use the C-stick to bring the Pikmin closer for faster throwing rate). Quick death.

The caves are really bothering me now. I get slaughtered everytime I go down one.

So now I have to approach one thinking, well, I'm going to go down here and spend time collecting some treasure. Eventually I'll encounter a creature that'll splat all my Pikmin. Pikmin who I care deeply about. I sit on the side of the hole trying to weigh up what's best. Do I lead my Pikmin to certain death, spend all that time collecting treasure that I know I'm not going to get back to the surface. Do I go down this hole knowng that if I do it'llo be futile and the chances are I'll have to go down again. Why would I want to put me or my beloved Pikmin through this? For my boss? Where was he the last time I was stuck on earth. I didn't see no rescue party. In the end I've come to the conclusion it's better to just let my Pikmin play in the sun. Sure, you could call me Fletcher Christian. And maybe a few years down the line the Perplexing Pool will be the centre of a scandal like the one on Pitcairn. The fact that the Pikmin are now all brown will be a give away that inter-breeding and sexual abuse has been rife. But at least they're alive. At least I didn't lead them to certain death like so many first world war generals. In my heart I know I'm doing the right thing. What's the financial stabilty of a haulage company against the life of one single Pikmin. Fuck it, I'm not going down another one of those holes.

The caves are really bothering me now. I get slaughtered everytime I go down one.

So now I have to approach one thinking, well, I'm going to go down here and spend time collecting some treasure. Eventually I'll encounter a creature that'll splat all my Pikmin. Pikmin who I care deeply about. I sit on the side of the hole trying to weigh up what's best. Do I lead my Pikmin to certain death, spend all that time collecting treasure that I know I'm not going to get back to the surface. Do I go down this hole knowng that if I do it'llo be futile and the chances are I'll have to go down again. Why would I want to put me or my beloved Pikmin through this? For my boss? Where was he the last time I was stuck on earth. I didn't see no rescue party. In the end I've come to the conclusion it's better to just let my Pikmin play in the sun. Sure, you could call me Fletcher Christian. And maybe a few years down the line the Perplexing Pool will be the centre of a scandal like the one on Pitcairn. The fact that the Pikmin are now all brown will be a give away that inter-breeding and sexual abuse has been rife. But at least they're alive. At least I didn't lead them to certain death like so many first world war generals. In my heart I know I'm doing the right thing. What's the financial stabilty of a haulage company against the life of one single Pikmin. Fuck it, I'm not going down another one of those holes.

.::: Nice nickname. :D