IGNORED

Star Wars: Prequel Discussion Thread (aka: wtf were you thinking George?)

rubberducker

I have the full screen trailer on my HD (the link I used to get isn't working anymore) and it's stunning. The Battle of Kashyyyk looks great, as does the duel but the real star of this is Palpatine. Great stuff and the final shot is aces.

This is by far the most exciting trailer i've seen in a long time. There is still some of the stilted dialogue delivery of the first two prequels but the sense of doom in the trailer is palpable and more than makes up for it. Ah cannae wait man.

Awesome. Absolutely awesome. There's no way Lucas can fuck this one up.

'Are you threatening me, JEDI???'

"EVERRY SINGLE JEDI is now an ENEMY of the REPUBLICCCC.

Do what MUST be DONE. Do NOT hesitate. Show NO mercy."

Tell me he isn't the greatest motherfucker in the galaxy. Go on, bitches, just fucking try it.

The look on his face as he twats Yoda with senate platforms is fucking priceless.

It is indeed an incredible trailer, and has made me slightly stir-crazy with anticipation for the final movie.

The part of my mind that thought Episode’s I and II were disappointing can go and whistle for all I care.

A wookie snow battle?

Palpatine in the lime-light, looking like some scary demon possessed creature?

Chewie + Blockade Runner

Some of the greatest sword-fights ever!?

Yes please.

I got goose-bumps when Obi-Wan said"But you were the chosen one!”. He looks so desperate and sad.

And “Not from a Jedi" is a new office quote... well, from me anyway.

"EVERRY SINGLE JEDI is now an ENEMY of the REPUBLICCCC.

Do what MUST be DONE. Do NOT hesitate. Show NO mercy."

Tell me he isn't the greatest motherfucker in the galaxy. Go on, bitches, just fucking try it.

The look on his face as he twats Yoda with senate platforms is fucking priceless.

I'm really looking forward to that scene. As much as the duel.

"Are you threatening me, master Jedi?" is my favorite line from this trailer. Perfect delivery.

That's actually a very good idea indeed. Episodes 1 and 2 are pretty much superfluous. A long time taken to tell what should have been a very simple story.

Yeah, the only things that really matter are the first steps Anakin sets towards the dark side and the way Palpatine uses democracy to gain more power.

This is the big one.

That's actually a very good idea indeed. Episodes 1 and 2 are pretty much superfluous. A long time taken to tell what should have been a very simple story.

Exactly. How easy would it have been to show a few flashbacks to explain Anakin's motivations and Palpatine's machinations? They could have dispensed with most of the tedious exposition that way

After all, the 'Journal of the Whills' at the beginning of the novelization of A New Hope manages to describe the ascent of Palpatine in a single paragraph