The Watchtower - A thread for all comics

biglime

On 10/09/2017 at 18:48, Broker said:

Hey all, not sure whether it's ok to put this here, but I'm planning to sell all my comics on eBay. There's a few worth a decent amount and lots worth nothing, and it's not really worth listing the lot in trading because I don't think the majority of them would sell.

I would rather shift them to people from here than bother with eBay, especially if anyone is in or close to Nottingham :lol: 

I've got mostly Marvel stuff from the early 2000's, mainly X-Men, some Spider-Man, a small amount of Avengers/FF/other Marvel and some Ultimate stuff. There's also some DC comics (mostly Batman, some Superman and JLA) and a few based on video games. There's some slightly earlier and later stuff as well, and a few weird bits.

I'll be listing the lot up and will share a Google doc, if anyone is interested? Hopefully someone has thought of some gaps that could do with filling in their collection when I described what I had :) 

I'll get the list done ASAP if people are interested. Apologies if this doesn't belong here.

a0lmuHc.jpg

I would love to see a list if possible? Aftervarious things atm

I got sent a promo code for Comixology for Image Comics, giving me 60% off. Going to grab a few things, as on holiday in a couple of weeks, so looking for some recommendations. Read The Walking Dead, Paper Girls and Saga, so not those.

I had a couple of single issues on my account, and from that, going to get Descender. Also had East of West, which I quite enjoyed, but has anyone read it and can tell me if it is worth stick with?

37 minutes ago, Butters said:

I got sent a promo code for Comixology for Image Comics, giving me 60% off. Going to grab a few things, as on holiday in a couple of weeks, so looking for some recommendations. Read The Walking Dead, Paper Girls and Saga, so not those.

I had a couple of single issues on my account, and from that, going to get Descender. Also had East of West, which I quite enjoyed, but has anyone read it and can tell me if it is worth stick with?

I'm still enjoying East of West. Still seems to be heading somewhere too, which is rare for books carrying on this long. 

3 hours ago, Andy_Why said:

I'd not heard of this until now. It sounds fantastic. I'll definitely grab the collection when it comes out.

Trade paperback comes out in November.

I think I've recommended every issue in this thread, it's ridiculously good. I love the fact that it really uses it's medium to the fullest. It's not a film storyboard or a book with pictures. There's story telling in it that could only be done in comics. I love the attention to detail. There's so many tiny things littered throughout the story that are entirely based on the characters that it makes paying attention to every frame and every line really satisfying. I love the character arcs for each of the four kids that you don't really notice until the end.

Every single issue has made me laugh out loud at least several times. Proper belly laughs, too, not just sly chuckles. And the build up to the job itself was incredibly tense. Probably the first time my heart rate has increased reading a comic since Nimona.

Plus, the opening to the first issue is incredibly similar to the opening to Stranger Things (pure coincidence, they both came out at almost exactly the same time) but... Well, which do you think is better...

4-Kids-Walk-Into-a-Bank-1-6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

oh shit bro, new Ennis Punisher

copyOfFirstPage._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

*spoogemcduck*

In other news, the place I get my comics from have started listing pre-orders. They already do a 5 for 4 deal so instead of getting some random book to make up the numbers I can just add something I want next week. The rich get richer!

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/A-PLACE-IN-SPACE

On 27/09/2017 at 15:31, Naieve said:

oh shit bro, new Ennis Punisher

copyOfFirstPage._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

*spoogemcduck*

In other news, the place I get my comics from have started listing pre-orders. They already do a 5 for 4 deal so instead of getting some random book to make up the numbers I can just add something I want next week. The rich get richer!

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/A-PLACE-IN-SPACE

Yes! A PLACE IN SPACE is THE BEST. Also ordered this from them and really looking forward to it. Parlov's art on Millar's Starlight was spectacularly good.

8 hours ago, Silent Runner said:

Remember when Iron Man stopped being an arms dealer because arms dealers are the enemy of all humanity and the scum of the Earth? You don't, oh well good news.

Maybe Marvel are trying to win back their right-wing fans, who seem to spend hours and hours bitching and moaning about how Marvel is now a hot bed of lefty progressive politics, not realising, that's what Marvel have always been about - with the exception of a few creators like Ditko and Miller.

On 07/10/2017 at 08:26, Charliemouse said:

Maybe Marvel are trying to win back their right-wing fans, who seem to spend hours and hours bitching and moaning about how Marvel is now a hot bed of lefty progressive politics, not realising, that's what Marvel have always been about - with the exception of a few creators like Ditko and Miller.

Well that went well

tMUWQGO.png

20 hours ago, The Eagle Lord said:

Anyone else read Batman: White Knight?

I cannot believe how much i enjoyed it.

I like Murphy so knew i would get something from it, but i really enjoyed it and if i'm honest makes me want for a revival of DC's Elseworlds. 

someone posted a bunch of pages on imgur. I liked what I read of it.

Every evidence I've ever seen should tell me Doomsday Clock is a terrible idea, yet that looks great & I can't wait to read it. Johns seems to be doing a bang-on parody of Moore, whilst Gary Franks art is stunning.

I wonder who is under the Rorschach mask now? The preview seems to heavily hint at it being Veidt, but that almost seems the point & would be too obvious. Maybe its Batman!

• 2 weeks later...

Comixology are having a Bone sale at the moment. Use the code BONE at the checkout to get 50% off any Bone comic. This means that the rather fantastic complete collection (Over 1000 pages) works out at 7 quid.

I have the physical edition too and it's a monster.

My Marvel Unlimited sub was stopped because of an expired credit card, and the site not working at the time to allow me to change it.

Does anyone know if I would have to start a new membership to use some of the discount codes on offer? I've tried a few, and they say they are expired, but I'm not sure if that's because I already have a login?

Amazon are having another one of the amazing Marvel graphic novel Kindle sales they had previously. Amazing prices for a huge amount of stuff. Just browse the Kindle store (the all download on comixology if you prefer)