rllmuk
biglime

The Watchtower - A thread for all comics

44 minutes ago, Flub said:

I've read it. Ask away.

Thats Tim under the cowl in Batman Beyond right?

Rose/Thorn has never been a member of the Legion before right? Shes just a plot device because all of a sudden shes immortal now?

Also is Legion going to be connected to the ones i am seeing in Doomsday Clock, i assume by the conversations in both Legion / Doomsday Clock this week that the original Legion is going to be erased from existence.

I've read a few Legion minis and issues over the years but i dont know a great deal about them if im honest, the best series i read was the one where all the baddies were the older brothers and sisters of the legions members.

2 minutes ago, The Eagle Lord said:

Thats Tim under the cowl in Batman Beyond right?

Rose/Thorn has never been a member of the Legion before right? Shes just a plot device because all of a sudden shes immortal now?

Also is Legion going to be connected to the ones i am seeing in Doomsday Clock, i assume by the conversations in both Legion / Doomsday Clock this week that the original Legion is going to be erased from existence.

I've read a few Legion minis and issues over the years but i dont know a great deal about them if im honest, the best series i read was the one where all the baddies were the older brothers and sisters of the legions members.

1. Yes

2. No never and looks like it

3. Doesn't look like it. Doomsday clock makes it pretty clear that the old Legion that knew Clark is gone now. Also the new Legion is all new and all shiny and buff and have cool hairstyles and is making friends with Jon.

Lucky you. Comixology is having a LSH sale :)

4 minutes ago, Flub said:

Lucky you. Comixology is having a LSH sale :)

Go then ill bite what would you recommend got a budget of about £15.

I have the Darkseid one as a tpb.

I have the JLA stuff with Mon-El & Karate Kid.

2 hours ago, The Eagle Lord said:

A conspiracy theory doing the rounds today is that Hickman pitched it/something similar to DC when they were talking about maybe doing something a year or two back. Of course, it fell through, he took the idea to Marvel for his X-Men saga and reworked it to Moira instead but DC decided to take the germ of it and used it for this.

3 minutes ago, Joystick Chevron said:

A conspiracy theory doing the rounds today is that Hickman pitched it/something similar to DC when they were talking about maybe doing something a year or two back. Of course, it fell through, he took the idea to Marvel for his X-Men saga and reworked it to Moira instead but DC decided to take the germ of it and used it for this.

I'm re-reading Uncanny X-Men from before i was born and i've just discovered the current baddie from Savage Avengers is from an old fantasy world Marvel Crossover, but more importantly Moria was never a mutant before Hickman's run!

The only Rose & Thorn i've really read before was an old House Of Mystery kind of deal then when was it Gail Simone brought the character back?

19 hours ago, The Eagle Lord said:

Oh, wow House Of X 4 was a barrel of laughs wasn't it. 

I mean we all know this is all to do with "time travel" but fucking hell it was depressing to see them go out like that. 

I actually feel the whole time travel / alternative reality thing is a bit of a cop out but i am looking forward to some new / old x-teams

I'm pretty enjoying this run, I like the sparse style of it.

Re-read the whole WicDiv run now that it's finished. Should have done it earlier as I think I'd properly lost track of the characters at some point and didn't really understand how 

Spoiler

Annake / Minerva

worked the first time. 

Might actually read their Young Avengers run now.

Lolz, Hickman's current X-men run is starting to be called HOXPOX :lol: 

4 hours ago, Mr Combo Breaker said:

Re-read the whole WicDiv run now that it's finished. Should have done it earlier as I think I'd properly lost track of the characters at some point and didn't really understand how 

Hide contents

Annake / Minerva

worked the first time. 

Might actually read their Young Avengers run now.

Lolz, Hickman's current X-men run is starting to be called HOXPOX :lol: 

Am i right in thinking we will get another issue of the Hoxpox today? 

I have no internet asides from my phone at the moment so itching to read Leviathan 4 and the like. 

7 hours ago, Mr Combo Breaker said:

yeah this is a POX week

Meant to say, Matt Fraction's current Jimmy Olson comic is good fun.

Well POX was VERY interesting indeed!

Ill let people read it first and then there is plenty to discuss.

Although i was sad to see uncanny come to an end i have to admit i am quite enjoying this and looking forward to getting a trade with it all lined out correctly.

Oh my HOX was a very special issue this week.

I do forget what a cunt Xavier can be when he puts his mind to it. 

And after the explorer costume last issue and a few things said this week i still think that when the helmet comes off it's going to be Cassandra Nova or someone under it. 

The scene at the UN is stupid no way would they let Charles walk in with that on his face.

2 hours ago, The Eagle Lord said:

Oh my HOX was a very special issue this week.

I do forget what a cunt Xavier can be when he puts his mind to it. 

And after the explorer costume last issue and a few things said this week i still think that when the helmet comes off it's going to be Cassandra Nova or someone under it. 

The scene at the UN is stupid no way would they let Charles walk in with that on his face.

What he says to Apocalypse at the end was pretty gangster by Xavier.

Also too, I'm wondering if in Moira Life 10 (the one we're in now) Cassandra's mind actually won that battle in the womb, and she's been Charles the whole time.

• Upvote 1