Jump to content
rllmuk
biglime

The Watchtower - A thread for all comics

Recommended Posts

Just re-signed up to Marvel Unlimited to give Vader another go but have been distracted by Neil Gaimans Eternals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same for me with We3 and Pride of Baghdad - thoroughly enjoyed both but jesus did it tug on my heart strings.

 

Rover Red Charlie by Garth Ennis is another simialr one. While I can take or leave Ennis' Crossed stuff, putting a  bunch of animals surviving that end of the world scenario worked really well (albeit it really got me in parts).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We3, Pride of Baghdad, and Rover Red all added to my reading list. I blame all you bastards if I get emotional :angry:

 

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/01/2020 at 17:18, Flub said:

I really wish they'd put the work in on that app.

 

But they won't as people don't mind them being as is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The latest Humble Bundle is a nice bunch of modern Star Trek comics. It also includes a code for a pack for Star Trek Online. A pack that in game sells for 5000 zen. I think the last time I checked 6000 zen was 40 quid so if you don't play you might want to sell it to some sucker :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got myself an iPad Pro 12.9 with two things in mind, watching Sport when the Mrs wants the TV and comics, and oh my Christ is it wonderful for the latter

 

38-CA92-B3-699-B-432-B-8-D1-C-B990-E6-F5
 

while I’m here I’ve been reading loads recently, I loved 4 Kids Walk in to a bank which was recommended on here, I loved Ice Cream Man, just finished Book 1,

 

I’m now looking at Redlands, Locke and Key and Oblivion Song as my next series (as well as the 40 I’m currently subscribing too)

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got the 11inch Pro at the moment and really regret not getting the bigger one. Don't get me wrong. The 11 inch is a beast but BIGGER MOAR

 

Happily the rumours are pointing at new pros in March. Credit card debt cleared in advance. GIB

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@CovisGod don't bother with Oblivion song. That's my hot take a big fat meh.

 

Locke and key as a priority mind. You've read Sandman yes? I'd recommend Harrow County as well, way above Oblivion song. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cassidy said:

@CovisGod don't bother with Oblivion song. That's my hot take a big fat meh.

 

Locke and key as a priority mind. You've read Sandman yes? I'd recommend Harrow County as well, way above Oblivion song. 


Never read Sandman, I have read Harrow County and now started Harrow County Deaths Choir 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CovisGod said:


Never read Sandman, I have read Harrow County and now started Harrow County Deaths Choir 

Did you enjoy it? Cos I always recommend it on here just for the delicious watercolour art.  

 

And you need to get on Sandman. 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, cassidy said:

Did you enjoy it? Cos I always recommend it on here just for the delicious watercolour art.  

 

And you need to get on Sandman. 

 

 

Loved Harrow County,

 

I’ll have a look at Sandman, is there some sort of hard copy omnibus I can have a look at?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, CovisGod said:

 

 

Loved Harrow County,

 

I’ll have a look at Sandman, is there some sort of hard copy omnibus I can have a look at?

Sandman is available in either 3 omnibuses or 5 or 6 Absolute editons.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looked what the postie just delivered! The Incredible Hulk by Peter David omni vol 1, and it's gorgeous :wub: It's thick as fuck too,it comprises the first 4 years or so of Peter David's incredible 12-year run. Just look at it:

Spoiler

 

IMG_20200204_161906.thumb.jpg.b92918226b855908270607c611ee3864.jpg

 

IMG_20200204_161909.thumb.jpg.e79258151a745439ffddf893090ff1c0.jpg

IMG_20200204_161913.thumb.jpg.75c5a362146fb5062952de7246b77bfc.jpg

 

 

 

Big thanks to @cassidy for pointing out that this was coming out or else I would have missed out on getting this lovely variant edition. And also for convincing me, together with @Charliemouse :) This thread rocks :wub:

 

Volume 2 has already been announced for later this year btw!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Mr. Gerbik aw shucks happy to help.

 

Sadly I didn't buy it and my omni picks are gonna be severely curtailed by the purchase of a new car(nearly new, I'm not an idiot) 

 

So will only be a few for my bday in April and some for Xmas. Nothing off the cuff anymore. 

 

Needs must and all that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm confused about issue 40 of Justice League. Spoilers below for 39 and 40

 

So in 39 the JL lost. Perpetua won. She banished the JL who were rescued and then they got to walk through a magic door. Issue 40 acts like everything is done and happy again and weirdly Alfred is alive. What gives?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need to reread because I have zero fucking clue. It's like I missed three issues in there somewhere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Flub said:

I'm confused about issue 40 of Justice League. Spoilers below for 39 and 40

 

 

  Hide contents

So in 39 the JL lost. Perpetua won. She banished the JL who were rescued and then they got to walk through a magic door. Issue 40 acts like everything is done and happy again and weirdly Alfred is alive. What gives?

 

 

Because you silly sausage JL #39 doesn't continue in Jl #40!

I mean why would you expect it does!

 

Quote

. Looks like DC will conclude this, and many other stories, in the four issue Year of the Villain Hell Arisen event pitting Perpetua’s forces against the Batman Who Laugh’s infected Secret Six. That micro-series is already 1/2 way through with Hell Arisen #3 out in February 2020. Justice League #39 ends with a tease of Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo’s next project The Encore.

 

(Keyword there is "looks". No one seems to know. Something it'll be in the Metal sequel....Death Metal? or maybe it's Heavy Metal. DC seem incredibly vague. There's a lot of pissed off people as far as I can see)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hexx said:

 

Because you silly sausage JL #39 doesn't continue in Jl #40!

I mean why would you expect it does!

 

 

 

For fucks sake. I mean don't get me wrong. I'm glad it's done. It was mostly shit and definitely outstayed its welcome but what the fuck are they thinking? Are we supposed to be psychic to read comics now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the absolute state of that

 

And the absolute state of Batman, the writing isn't terrible, (it's not good but I've enjoyed some of Tynion The Fourth's non-spandex work so giving it the benefit of the doubt) but the art is just cheesecake shit. Catwoman looks like a blowup fuckdoll :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Hexx said:

(Keyword there is "looks". No one seems to know. Something it'll be in the Metal sequel....Death Metal? or maybe it's Heavy Metal. DC seem incredibly vague. There's a lot of pissed off people as far as I can see)

 

I mean how do they even think this is acceptable storytelling in any way shape or form. They throw a massive cliff hanger. The bad gal won. Overwhelmingly. Stay tuned to see how our heroes deal with the entire universe against them.

 

Next issue. Oh hai guys. Nothing to see here. Business as usual. Not even a single indication that perpetua was a thing *and* alfred is back. I really need to read that bit with the magic door again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Flub said:

 

I mean how do they even think this is acceptable storytelling in any way shape or form. They throw a massive cliff hanger. The bad gal won. Overwhelmingly. Stay tuned to see how our heroes deal with the entire universe against them.

 

Next issue. Oh hai guys. Nothing to see here. Business as usual. Not even a single indication that perpetua was a thing *and* alfred is back. I really need to read that bit with the magic door again

 

Alfred being back is apparently a poorly signposted flashback or some such

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hexx said:

 

Alfred being back is apparently a poorly signposted flashback or some such

 

Smashing :)

 

Still tho. Let's forget about that story we've been telling for the past year. Nobody cares about that bollocks :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would seem DC are just fucking idiots

 

 

I love that the creator of the universe beating everyone "evolves" into a story you don't need to have read anything prior to. Snyder telling us his entire run was essentially pointless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve just realised I subscribe to over 60 comics a month now :doh:

 

Enjoying a load of them though, Batman issue 88 dropped through my door today, that was great, loving Ravencroft, all of the Hill House lot are brilliant especially Basketful of Heads,

 

I also subscribed to Kindle Unlimited and Marvel Unlimited on my IPad, finding myself running through entire series from 2016 onwards each evening that I missed when I stopped collecting in 2015,

 

Comic overloadtastic

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How good was that Spider-Hulk comic this week. 

 

I, proper enjoyed that some nice touchy feely bit that didn't put me off either character and i thought it did a better explanation of The Hulk mostly coming out at night mostly. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, The Eagle Lord said:

How good was that Spider-Hulk comic this week. 

 

Damn it, I was giving it a miss. There goes more money. 

 

6 hours ago, Flub said:

 

For fucks sake. I mean don't get me wrong. I'm glad it's done. It was mostly shit and definitely outstayed its welcome but what the fuck are they thinking? Are we supposed to be psychic to read comics now?

 

You can be if you wait for the TPBs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.