The Watchtower - A thread for all comics

3 hours ago, smac said:

Just the art was a blast from the past, but then I clocked the first name!

Didn't realise the fouling cheat of a goalkeeper also did computer art.

On 24/10/2020 at 19:42, Flub said:

The Judge Dredd Megazine is on fire at the moment. A solid Dredd story about a Total War attack on a block. Megatropolis. Something 2000AD almost never does. A full elseworlds tale based on a very different Mega City 1 and Dreadnaughts. Set in 2030 at the dawn of Judging and is one of the most interesting things I've read from the Meg in a while. A look at a period we know very little about. An interview in the current issue says the plan is to have the title run from 2030 right up to when the Dredd Year One novels start.

Not a regular Meg reader, but wanted to jump on with the previous issue, as it looked really good.  I went into my local WHSmiths on the day it came out, and they had no copies.  I'm told it instantly sold out :(

On 24/10/2020 at 19:42, Flub said:

The Judge Dredd Megazine is on fire at the moment. A solid Dredd story about a Total War attack on a block. Megatropolis. Something 2000AD almost never does. A full elseworlds tale based on a very different Mega City 1 and Dreadnaughts. Set in 2030 at the dawn of Judging and is one of the most interesting things I've read from the Meg in a while. A look at a period we know very little about. An interview in the current issue says the plan is to have the title run from 2030 right up to when the Dredd Year One novels start.

Not a regular Meg reader, but wanted to jump on with the previous issue, as it looked really good.  I went into my local WHSmiths on the day it came out, and they had no copies.  I'm told it instantly sold out :(

21 hours ago, Ste Pickford said:

I'd expect they only had a tiny number of issues anyway. I'd subscribe with rebellion directly if you want to get onboard.

Off the last issue of Three Jokers had a nice "fuck you" to the readers at the end, that aside i'm still a little miffed that the whole thing was pointless other than to try and do an adult "wrap up" to the whole "the button" storyline they did a few years ago.

I'd almost bet they make all the Black Label line "elseworlds" by the end of the year.

I thought I was ready for Immortal Hulk 39. I wasn't ready. I thought by now I'd seen how far the series could go. I hadn't seen nothing yet. Gut-wrenching in every sense of that particular expression.

I mean holy shit, WHAT THE FUCK

Seriously.

9 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

I thought I was ready for Immortal Hulk 39. I wasn't ready. I thought by now I'd seen how far the series could go. I hadn't seen nothing yet. Gut-wrenching in every sense of that particular expression.

I mean holy shit, WHAT THE FUCK

Seriously.

Yep!

And here i was hoping you were coming in here to drop some knowledge.

How they are coming back from that i will never know

3 minutes ago, Arn Ironjaw said:

And here i was hoping you were coming in here to drop some knowledge.

Ha, could be if you have questions. On my first read through it all seems to connect to previous happenings in Immortal Hulk itself rather than old Hulk lore. And it's too early to spoil anything.

But man, (without spoiling hopefully) poor big guy. Really felt for him.

6 hours ago, Darren said:

Oh man, I'm so far behind on Immortal Hulk. I've still got volume 7 (#31-35) sitting on my unread pile of shame.

You have some great reading to look forward to! Volume 7 is brilliant. And as is always the case with Immortal Hulk so far, the volume after that is *even better*.

If Ewing and Bennett keep this up and stick the landing, it could very well end up being considered the best superhero comic run of all time. It's certainly way up there. Really looking forward where Ewing's going with the next issue.

So ordered world of black hammer library edition today. Got the two Black Hammer library editions here ready to dive into it all once the latest order arrives. 

Jeff Lemires a bit good isn’t he. Consistent across a plethora of genres. 

26 minutes ago, cassidy said:

So ordered world of black hammer library edition today. Got the two Black Hammer library editions here ready to dive into it all once the latest order arrives. 

Jeff Lemires a bit good isn’t he. Consistent across a plethora of genres. 

He’s my fav writer these days, apart from most of his Marvel books, everything he has written I have absolutely adored.

Black Hammer is easily the best comic I have read this year.

22 hours ago, Darren said:

Oh man, I'm so far behind on Immortal Hulk. I've still got volume 7 (#31-35) sitting on my unread pile of shame.

thanks, just bought 7 and pre-ordered 8.

comixology is great!

2 minutes ago, Arn Ironjaw said:

His Old Man Logan run was pretty good, will never be as good as one of his indie books but was still a good read nevertheless. 

I just don’t think Marvel ever suited him as his work for DC has been brilliant too.

11 minutes ago, Charliemouse said:

I just don’t think Marvel ever suited him as his work for DC has been brilliant too.

Read a bit of Gideon Falls last week and by Jove the art is stunning. 

My precious Incredible Hulk by Peter David volume 2 omni arrived with two pages inside torn, a good chunk of both missing :( Store has ordered a new for me but at the moment their supplier has none in stock :( Worst case scenario I get my money back but I'd rather have a pristine omnibus :(

in other news, I placed a pre-order for Incredible Hulk by Peter David volume 3 :)

Just now, Mr. Gerbik said:

My precious Incredible Hulk by Peter David volume 2 omni arrived with two pages inside torn, a good chunk of both missing :( Store has ordered a new for me but at the moment their supplier has none in stock :( Worst case scenario I get my money back but I'd rather have a pristine omnibus :(

in other news, I placed a pre-order for Incredible Hulk by Peter David volume 3 :)

Shit sorry to hear that and was that book shrunk wrapped too?

I had a similar thing with one of the Fourth World Omnibuses i brought back in the day a few of the pages in one of the volumes wasn't cut down correctly and had been folded inside the book.

I did wonder at the time if that was on purpose as to show the impressive artwork but was annoying nevertheless..

12 minutes ago, Arn Ironjaw said:

Shit sorry to hear that and was that book shrunk wrapped too?

I had a similar thing with one of the Fourth World Omnibuses i brought back in the day a few of the pages in one of the volumes wasn't cut down correctly and had been folded inside the book.

I did wonder at the time if that was on purpose as to show the impressive artwork but was annoying nevertheless..

Still shrink wrapped, packaging was perfectly fine. It looks like it happened at the printers 

The reprint of Absolute Swamp Thing Vol 1 isn’t popping up anywhere that I can see. Anyone know of the reasons for this or where I might be able to find out more info?

EDIT: Nevermind, got one from Abebooks.

11 hours ago, DC said:

The reprint of Absolute Swamp Thing Vol 1 isn’t popping up anywhere that I can see. Anyone know of the reasons for this or where I might be able to find out more info?

EDIT: Nevermind, got one from Abebooks.

Where's my bloody volume 2 Amazon UK.