IGNORED

The Watchtower - A thread for all comics

biglime

Fuck me, the new X-Men book is utter bilge. I know expectations after Hickman's run were never going to be met but it's easily the worst of the 'new' X family (probably tied with X-Corp which I ditched sharpish).

How this is continuing and titles like Hellions aren't, is a mystery.

20 minutes ago, Scruff said:

Fuck me, the new X-Men book is utter bilge. I know expectations after Hickman's run were never going to be met but it's easily the worst of the 'new' X family (probably tied with X-Corp which I ditched sharpish).

How this is continuing and titles like Hellions aren't, is a mystery.

Which X-title are you talking about?.

17 minutes ago, Flub said:

Is that the one where the core X-Men team moved to New York? I read the first couple of issues and dropped it. Awful. Especially compared to Hellions and X-Factor

Yeah, that's the one. It's just so..directionless. 

Hickman finished/is finishing his X-writing duties with the 4 issue Inferno series that is on #2 ATM. The main X-book (X-Men) stopped and then relaunched 5 or 6 months ago? (I dunno, boredom=not caring about it). The best thing about it is the art (Pepe Larraz who is one of the best working at Marvel IMO) and the roster is interesting, but despite that it's pure magnolia.

6 hours ago, yakumo said:

Holy crap Netflix made an anime version of Supercrooks?.

Yep. They signed a deal where they'll eventually publish some stuff with him too. 

Not fussed by SC didn't think much to the book, but I will watch Superior when they get to it just to see that Monkey take the piss out of Billy Batson.