BioShock

Judas

IMHO this game is the stunning, and pure next gen. Stunning graphics and design setting, which when coupled with the audio left me feeling genuinely scared.

However, this came crashing down, as just as I arrived in Rapture my xbox died. 3 rings of death GGGRRRRRR. It was an original launch machine, so not a bad innings.

MS had better turn it around quick though, or they will feel my wrath :P

Stunning game me thinks, and I will be looking at the game box with emvey when its released.

I wonder if the current MrsT will let me buy a new elite????? 8)

I would have preferred if the plane could kill you. "Hey look, there's a huge part of the fuselage from the plane flying through the sea...towards this tube...FUCK, RUN RUN RUN" *BOOM*.

As it is you just watch it float down then bang into it, forming a convenient path through it. The bit with the door slowly buckling in looks sweet though.

Environmental threats. That would have been more exciting than Timesplitter threats.

I do like that idea. I stood around in that corridor for a while to see if the flooding would drown me eventually, actually.

I would have preferred if the plane could kill you. "Hey look, there's a huge part of the fuselage from the plane flying through the sea...towards this tube...FUCK, RUN RUN RUN" *BOOM*.

Yeah great lets put some instant death memory tests in 8) I love reloads

As it is you just watch it float down then bang into it, forming a convenient path through it. The bit with the door slowly buckling in looks sweet though.

Environmental threats. That would have been more exciting than Timesplitter threats.

I'd love you to take Molyneux' place (or any other dev team leader kinda guy) so that you could provide us with these amazing games you have an idea of. With your brains in the business we'd never have a imperfect game to choose from ever again.

Being berked by jagged rocks on the way to the lighthouse would've been better.

I still freak out swimming to the lighthouse. Something very primal, from a perspective of fear, about swimming in black water. I know there's nothing there to get me, but how can I be sure?

I blame Jaws... It's fucked up the collective human consciousness. 8)

IT'S A GIANT PIECE OF PLANE DEBRIS COMING TOWARDS YOU AS YOU STAND IN A GLASS TUBE.

I'm sure the engineers had such scenarios in mind while building a massive city under water and used bulletproof/planecrash proof glass.

I'm sure the engineers had such scenarios in mind while building a massive city under water and used bulletproof/planecrash proof glass.

But they obviously didn't, as the plane smashes into the glass. What are you trying to say?

But they obviously didn't, as the plane smashes into the glass. What are you trying to say?

I'm not trying to say anything. I was being sarchastic for the sake of it as MID has seemingly made it his mission to troll this thread. I'm just trying to be the oposite of MID at the moment. We need balance.

Played the demo through twice last night and enjoyed the experience more each time. Discovering that the action is paused, (in the heat of some quite frantic combat), when cycling through weapons and hacking stuff allowing you to catch your breath and strategise makes the game feel quite friendly to play. I had been worried that there’d be too much to juggle whilst playing some of the more frantic bits - on first play through I'd just panic when anything happened and run round shooting, but last night I was stunning and hacking cameras, guns and bots in a (relatively) relaxed and ordered fashion.

Looking forward to this and will make sure I'm at home next Friday for an extensive and extended bank holiday play, but.... now I have played the demo, I still find that I'm looking forward to the Orange Box more than this. I suspect, though, that the full game will grab me a hell of a lot more than the demo has been able to.

I caved in and downloaded this last night, played through it twice now. Although I've never played either of the System Shock games, this is clearly something a bit special. From when you first enter the lighthouse onwards, it's pure awesome. I was probably going to pick this up at some point along the line, but after playing this I'll be picking it up launch day. Fantastic stuff.

I'm just trying to be the oposite of MID at the moment. We need balance.

Incredible. Have you read the rest of the thread? If we need balance then you're going to need at least a dozen more people like me who have some issues with the game, because as it stands there's only a handful of us who have had anything remotely resembling a negative experience with it.

I would like to have actually seen the plane crash from the first person perspective. Insetad, there was just a vibration which then cut to the title screen. That was kinda disappointing, but everything that followed was absolutely stunning.

I really liked that, it just made the bit where you're underwater and struggling to get to the surface more intense.

It's weird how that part didn't have the borders like every other cutscene from the demo. What a rubbish inconsistency, I wish they'd just ditch it. I don't need borders to let me know I'm not in control, thanks.

I would like to have actually seen the plane crash from the first person perspective. Insetad, there was just a vibration which then cut to the title screen. That was kinda disappointing, but everything that followed was absolutely stunning.

I presume you're meant to be unconscious and then wake up again because of the cold water but it was a bit of a 'cheat'.

Maybe it will be like Lost and random people that were allegedly on the plane will keep cropping up throughout the story....

Yes I had rather hoped something like that would happen. Have you played Half Life 2: Episode 1? The part where you are thrown into the tower, and then you fall through several levels was pretty immersive, something like that would have been a great start to the game.

A first-person planecrash would be a videogame first, I think.

I still freak out swimming to the lighthouse. Something very primal, from a perspective of fear, about swimming in black water. I know there's nothing there to get me, but how can I be sure?

I blame Jaws... It's fucked up the collective human consciousness. 8)

I get scared swimming in water in any game. From Tomb Radier to Mario 64, but this especially. Nothing to do with Jaws, just a fear of drowning. Maybe I sit too close to the screen.

Also, falling from a great height freaked me a bit, until Crackdown came along. Now I love it.

What I always wonder is why it's always the Half-life 2 10/10 and not - say - the Gran Turismo 10/10.

Offtopic!

KG

FF8 9/10 is better. NINE. Goodness.

Bioshock: the backlash starts here 8)

Not in this house. Played the demo 4 times through and love it to bits.

For those who find the last section too frantic I would suggest taking out the security camera on the corner which prevents the alert. Then you can take a few steps towards the bathrooms and calmly pick off the splicers as they jump down into the water. Or you could back all the way into the bathroom and hack the turret and let it do the necessary.

My only minor gripes are a couple of invisible walls here and there, the inability to put the stranded fish out of their misery (or resuscitate the cat) and the doors closing behind you which mean you have to explore every section very carefully to not miss anything.