What Is Your Latest Dvd

Del Boy

Conan the Barbarian and Commando.

Don't laugh!  I just fancied watching blood n' guts/no brains needed classic Arnold movies.

Although, if you haven't already got PRedator, I think you'll find

No laughing at all, those are a fine pair of Arnie offerings.

If you haven't got Predator already, you could have got this , the best box set ever.

On Monday I got 'The Box of Delights'. Loved this as a kid.

I am resisting a viewing until nearer Christmas for full atmosphere.

Don't reckon I'll last to the weekend!

I bet it's aged horribly.

Loved it back in 1985 (or whenever it was first on) though.

I have received Spider-man 2 Collectors Edition last, week and LOTR 4 Extended Edition this morning... ;)

not watched LOTR due to being at home with my 3yr old today and it does have a rather scary opening sequence, but as I am off work until Sat...... :)

Still not finished watching Battle of the Planets either, (currently on episode 35..)

Also got Simpsons Season 4 (unopened still!) to watch...

and my missus has bought me Alias seasons 1&2 from dvd.co.uk for xmas...

I'm not getting any DVDs until after Xmas so that I'll get the motherfuckers bought for me or they'll be in the next January Sale SPECTAC_FUCKING-BLUE CROSS MOTHER FUCKER!_ULAR!

Got no reason to post on this one, just thougt I'd get my post rating up for a bit as I haven't posted in a bit. :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it's Xmas, so DVDs abound for some I'm sure. I recieved:

The entire first series of Heimat

Breathless (Godard)

Blue Velvet

The director's cut of Betty Blue

Les Vacances de M. Hulot

Well, apart from Breathless, they're all DVDs/films I've been wanting to watch for a long time. Sadly, my 'benefactors' continue their longstanding tradition of being able to find the worst possible DVD transfer prints, with Blue Velvet and Heimat (which, knowing my online-retail averse father, cost the ridiculous top-whack price) being astonishingly bad, but hey-ho, it's the thought that counts, and I'm quite happy with my lot. Actually, I'm very happy with my lot. :(

The EE of Return of the King. Superb film and some of the best extras ever.

I bought this in the week but haven't got round to watching it yet.

The extras look as though as they are the same as the previous EE.

Matrix 10 Disc Set thingy.

Got this also and have to admit, I've grown tired of watching behind the scenes material for this trilogy.

Have to admit though, the CG renders of Keanu and Hugo Weaving are AMAZING, easily some of the best I have ever seen.

I'm looking forward to listen to the philosophers and critics commentaries.

I bought this in the week but haven't got round to watching it yet.

The extras look as though as they are the same as the previous EE.

The extras are the same in a way but because it's the last film it packs much more of an emotional punch. Stuff like Cameras in Middle-Earth and The End to All Things are simply things of beauty.

Chappelle's Show (Season 1) DVD Box Set. Buy It. Now.

You sir, are truely the king of kings. Charlie Murphys True Holywood Stories are possibly the funniest thing ive ever seen on television, ever, trufaxxixixixx!!1111!

As for me, my christmas dvd selection was:

Its a wonderful life

Everything you wanted to know about sex but were too afraid to ask

Snatch

Clerks

D

I got some DVD's today and am extremely chuffed...

Alien Quadrilogy [finally!]

Van Helsing R1 Collectors Edition [with the three original monster movies included]

Hellboy: R1 Directors Cut

Garfield's Christmas Specials

I am well looking forward to watching Dracula, Frankenstein and The Wolf Man so I can reminisce about when me, my mum and my brother used to sit up and watch V and it was always followed by one of these on a Friday night on TVS....great times.

Y'see by you saying that, I'm picturing Sean Astin prattling on even more than the previous two <_<

He hardly appears at all in these extras. It's all about all the crew and their achievements rather than focusing on a specific actor and it is probably the most emotionally packed set of extras I've ever seen. Everyone and I mean EVERYONE should watch the Cameron Duncan: Into The West extra's, he was truly an inspiration and also a hugley talented guy.