The Rubbish Halo Players Thread

Liquid Myth

Add me please, I got online with it for the first time last night and got completely hammered. Gamertag, EMPY C

I just have one reservation after playing it briefly last night though...Is it all just running about blasting everything that moves in a deathmatch stylee or are there more tactical slower paced games that require a bit more thought/team strategy? Forgive my n00bness...

I just have one reservation after playing it briefly last night though...Is it all just running about blasting everything that moves in a deathmatch stylee or are there more tactical slower paced games that require a bit more thought/team strategy? Forgive my n00bness...

CTF games can be very tactical. As you get better, and play the team games, and get on a team of players who are willing to talk it can get very tactical. They are a bit tense, so it's good to mix it up with some free for alls.

I'm having problems with the sensitivity of the sight thing, I tried adjusting it, I have tried auto centering and then taken that off.

I am getting pissed off at it. I got the hang of it in Halo, but this is irritating me.

Tips welcome, nay - encouraged.

CTF games are can be very tactical. As you get better, and play the team games, and get on a team of players who are willing to talk it can get very tactical. They are a bit tense, so it's good to mix it up with some free for alls.

Sounds good...

I'd just like to recapture that feeling from playing Ghost Recon on live...Ah, those were the days.

Sounds good...

I'd just like to recapture that feeling from playing Ghost Recon on live...Ah, those were the days.

Yes, they were. It *is* very different from GR though. The pace is all different for a start. You do have a lot of tactical options (with the vehicles, for instance) in Halo that you don't have in GR. Halo can accomodate a lot more different game styles, and is probably a bit more accessible and suitable for on-the-hoof improvisation. You might end up preferring the pace, style and careful planning of GR. One of the great things about Halo is that it looks there is going to be a big, thriving online community that's going to stick around for a bit, so I'm hoping to recapture some of the excitement we all had in the early days of XBL.

Everyone should have their clan invites. Had to turn down a request to party up with someone this evening, sorry.

And how come almost all of you 'orrible lot are all offline? You'll never get out of this club if you don't practice. :rolleyes:

I'm nearing my marketing exams so sadly it's three hours of college after a full day's work every night at the mo', but I'll be around on Friday (taken the day off along with Monday so I can have an IMMENSE birthday weekend).

If anyone still wants to play with me by then I'll be overjoyed to have my ass handed to me!

I've revoked my lurker status though I warn you, I'm excellent at killing team mates with vehicles, I am the Roadkill master, especially with banshees'; my ability to squash people on take off is becoming infamous

Just pretend all the other team's players are actually your team mates and you'll be unstoppable!

I don't think we've got any specific level limits, we just want a load of casual players who are going to be fun to play with, rather than the people who've been playing the first game every week since it was released. I'll try and add you tonight.

OK, cool.

I'm certainly inclined to take a "fun" approach to it, unlike many ranked game players, (e.g. acknowledging other players' good kills and laughing if I die in an amusing way).

If this is the thread for rubbish Halo players, meet your new king: I've had just the one go on Live, where I notched up a quite remarkable deaths/kill ratio of 41:4. Impressive...

Mind you, most of those deaths were in CTF, where I attempted semi-successfully to play the role of a distraction, but still...you'd better add me to the list. Tag's Sonatine, btw. I'm off to sign up for the Clan now (although I had been tempted to form my own Team Parkinson's), and I'll probably be on for an hour or so later tonight for a bit more masochism.

Can I join? I can't promise to be on Live often, but when I am I'm little more than cannon fodder (not to mention rifle, shotgun, pistol and sword fodder). It's a good game when I manage to kill even one person, but given the choice I'd prefer to be mercilessly slaughtered by people I know.

bloody thing wouldnt let me join last night: Insufficient access privialges? when I tried to accept invite.

er..... eh?

Hmm. Beats me. I'll send you another invite (as well as kitten and Gorf) if I can get on tonight. I've got some people round, so I might not be able to get on the box without humiliating myself by having to explain the whole concept of "friends" and "clans" to normal people.

Hmm. Beats me. I'll send you another invite (as well as kitten and Gorf) if I can get on tonight. I've got some people round, so I might not be able to get on the box without humiliating myself by having to explain the whole concept of "friends" and "clans" to normal people.

oh go on, they'll respect you for it, you will soar in their social expectations. Not a social leper, no no.

Look! I have nearly 100 friends! I'd have more, but Bill Gates tells me 100 is enough for anyone...

According to sithlordx in another thread all clans are down at the moment. Once they come back online, all invites should have been sent out other than kitten's and Gorf's.