The Rubbish Halo Players Thread

Liquid Myth

Look! I have nearly 100 friends! I'd have more, but Bill Gates tells me 100 is enough for anyone...

According to sithlordx in another thread all clans are down at the moment. Once they come back online, all invites should have been sent out other than kitten's and Gorf's.

<_<

er... just checked bungie, it says I am a member of rllmuk nubes so.....

weird.

achh, got there in the end.

sweet dude

Well I am TEH RUBBISH (but with a special kind of style and flair), so I reckon you need me to drag the group score down.

Can someone add me to the team please, so I can make a proactive, dynamic, shooting myself in the head with my own guns kind of contribution?

Gamertag: K3nshi

That's not too bad really. It gets hard quite quickly. How many games you played?

62!

A good many of those consisted of me being stuck on level 6 and constantly gaining/losing ground.

However, I have now reached Level 7 - I felt myself "get it" yesterday, and I played a few games where I was far more sucessful. I think each level rise is going to be a stuggle, though.

62!

A good many of those consisted of me being stuck on level 6 and constantly gaining/losing ground.

However, I have now reached Level 7 - I felt myself "get it" yesterday, and I played a few games where I was far more sucessful. I think each level rise is going to be a stuggle, though.

Care to share what it is you "got"? Please? :(

Having played 45 games in rumble slayer, I am now on level eight, and I gotta say, it can be very very tough, usually coming fourth or fifth, often getting my ass kicked by level sevens and above, so I recon I'll probably drop down to seven and thats my skill level, which is annoying, because I haven't learnt anything new just yet, except, I think when someone jumps over your head, the only option you have is to also jump, cos quite frankly, I don't have a hope in hell with being able to track him/her in time, and they often simply disappear (and then kill me). Interestingly, alot of the yanks seem to be thinking using the sword is cheating :o

p.s. what have people got the look sensitivity on? Me, default, still :rolleyes:

Well, I think I'm finally improving a little, I managed not to disgrace myself too badly on matchmaking Team Skirmish tonight. Oddly enough beer seems to help, stops me panicking and thinking "OMG WTF a sniper AAARGH" and my aiming was better as a result. Up to a very proud level three (from one) although I'll be surprised if I maintain that for long, unless I can get into my beer playing mode when sober.

I think I have look sensitivity on 5, seems to work out OK; not too fast but I can swing around fairly easily.

62!

I was on Level 5 for ages, I started playing with 5.1. sound on and I zoomed up to Level 9 in an evening - coincidence? I dunno. I won something like 9 Rumble Pit matches in a day, I'd previously only won once ever.

The players are getting really good now. The more you play against better players though, the better you get. I've picked up a couple of tricks that people have used that I'd probably wouldn't have come up with. I've discovered that Magnums absolutely rule too.

Care to share what it is you "got"? Please? :(

Having played 45 games in rumble slayer, I am now on level eight, and I gotta say, it can be very very tough, usually coming fourth or fifth, often getting my ass kicked by level sevens and above, so I recon I'll probably drop down to seven and thats my skill level, which is annoying, because I haven't learnt anything new just yet, except, I think when someone jumps over your head, the only option you have is to also jump, cos quite frankly, I don't have a hope in hell with being able to track him/her in time, and they often simply disappear (and then kill me). Interestingly, alot of the yanks seem to be thinking using the sword is cheating :(

p.s. what have people got the look sensitivity on? Me, default, still <_<

Don't know what I "got"! I just seemed to suddenly be better at it. Some of it was definately learning more of the ins and outs of the levels. Also, learning which dual weilding combos I'm good at. I don't know - in general, my ability level went up, though I don't think I'm going to be rising too much further in rank.

It's really frustrating when I start a game by leading (being the first to 3 or 4 kills), then wander round for ages without finding anyone (but hearing distant gunfire), and suddenly realising that everyone else has at least 9 kills. There does seem to be a lot of luck involved.

I heard a guy shouting to another player, after the match "put the sword down and get some real skills!" I just thought "Why is it, then, that whenever I get the sword I die very quickly. Could it be that using the sword does require skills"?

I have the look set to 7 or 8 - I did have it as high as 10, but that was too much. My goal is to eventually get it up to that level, though.

I was on Level 5 for ages, I started playing with 5.1. sound on and I zoomed up to Level 9 in an evening - coincidence? I dunno.  I won something like 9 Rumble Pit matches in a day, I'd previously only won once ever.

The players are getting really good now.  The more you play against better players though, the better you get.  I've picked up a couple of tricks that people have used that I'd probably wouldn't have come up with.  I've discovered that Magnums absolutely rule too.

I love dual weilding a Plasma Rifle and Magnum. However, the Magnum has to be in my left hand, or I mess up when I'm firing it. This leads to me being repeatedly killed while I faff around with the dual wielding controls, which are very unforgiving of mistakes:

[stands over mass of dead bodies and weapons]

[picks up Magnum]

[realises I've thrown away my Battle Rifle]

[picks up Battle Rifle]

[switches to SMG]

[picks up Magnum in left hand]

[notices Plasma Rifle - decides it should replace the SMG so I can dual wield Plasma Rifle and Magnum]

[drops Magnum]

[picks up Plasma Rifle in left hand]

[picks up Magnum in right hand]

[thinks "something's not right"]

[throws down Plasma Rifle and swaps picks it up again in right hand. throwing the Magnum on the floor]

[picks up Magnum in left hand! hurrah! time to kick ass!]

[someone kills me with a sword]

Thankfully, this doesn't happen too often, but when it does, it makes me curse the silly dual-wielding controls. Bring back the Assault Rifle and old-skool Pistol! <_<

I was on Level 5 for ages, I started playing with 5.1. sound on and I zoomed up to Level 9 in an evening - coincidence? I dunno.  I won something like 9 Rumble Pit matches in a day, I'd previously only won once ever.

I'm screwed, then. There's no good place in our lounge to even place the speakers in a reasonable stereo position. They're set up to sound good with music - working with the limited options we have available - and not either side of the TV. A full surround setup is out of the question. <_< I really don't understand how people manage to find space to locate a set of surround speakers properly.

[stands over mass of dead bodies and weapons]

[picks up Magnum]

[realises I've thrown away my Battle Rifle]

[picks up Battle Rifle]

[switches to SMG]

[picks up Magnum in left hand]

[notices Plasma Rifle - decides it should replace the SMG so I can dual wield Plasma Rifle and Magnum]

[drops Magnum]

[picks up Plasma Rifle in left hand]

[picks up Magnum in right hand]

[thinks "something's not right"]

[throws down Plasma Rifle and swaps picks it up again in right hand. throwing the Magnum on the floor]

[picks up Magnum in left hand! hurrah! time to kick ass!]

[someone kills me with a sword]

:D

Welcome to my life.