The Rubbish Halo Players Thread

Liquid Myth

The rubbish party had the best run EVAR tonight.

11 games by my count - and 2 draws and 1 loss. All the rest were wins.

Ian S and myself both moved up from rank 3 to rank 6 on team skirmish. Excellent.

Bonus credit goes to Tequlia for also helping with the excellent run.

<_<

Us nubes rule!

Cheers Rev, that was fun - you guys proved to be suspiciously unrubbish, and managing to win with me on the team stands as a remarkable achievement.

I have some arranged games with my "HaRdCoRe" friends tonight which should put me back into my place, but maybe we could hook up again towards the end of the week. Cheers again.

I'd be very pleased to join a few of you guys for a game, as I think I probably qualify for the rubbish accolade. Went online for the first time last night and was resolutely mid table in Rumble Pit, except once when I came second (thankyou plasma sword!). empy-c, I have you on my friends list from a few Ghost Recon games. One question though, which should firmly establish my noob credentials, is after the match, how do you become ready for the next match? Everyone elses names seem to go from white to grey, and mine didn't...in fact I always seemed to eject myself from the game! Was I the host? Anyway, add me please...gamertag ZOK...

after the match, how do you become ready for the next match? Everyone elses names seem to go from white to grey, and mine didn't...in fact I always seemed to eject myself from the game! Was I the host?

Were you in matchmaking? If so, you can't stay with the same group of players after the game (unless you get randomly matched again), you have to re-start the matchmaking process from scratch. All you can do is press B to leave the stats screen or A to select one of the people you just played with (for friend requests etc) I think.

If you were in a party, don't press any buttons without checking what they do (bottom left/right of screen will say) and you should end up back in the lobby screen with the other players.

Guest stickman

Right, I've next to no idea how this Clan business works but if someone would care to sign me up it would be appreciated. ;)

Do you have to do something on Bungie.net as well in order to join this clan? (or any clan for that matter) ;)

Gamertag: ninja stickman

Saturday Morning TV Moral - We kicked ass! And we don't know how! Really never expected to get that run of results - I'm really not that good. We were great though!

I'm going to be on again tomorrow night for a session - want to get another party going?

Volunteers sign up. I'm in obviously.

Right, I've next to no idea how this Clan business works but if someone would care to sign me up it would be appreciated. :o

Do you have to do something on Bungie.net as well in order to join this clan? (or any clan for that matter) :D

Gamertag: ninja stickman

Nope. We just need to send you a clan invite. I haven't had chance for a day or two: I'll send invites the next time I'm on the box.

Guest stickman
Nope. We just need to send you a clan invite. I haven't had chance for a day or two: I'll send invites the next time I'm on the box.

Great stuff! Well I'm on most evenings, so look forward to a few games with some of you soon :huh:

It's a strange system, and a kinda anti-social system. But very good for quick games.

Yes I can see that. However, almost everyone I have on my friends list I have through playing Ghost Recon with them for a few hours, and on the basis of that inviting them or being invited. How can this happen if you form a brand new group each time you play a single match? Or am I missing something?

I saw your message on Bungie.net. I haven't been able to get on the box to add anybody for a day or two. To be fair, I haven't been able to play the game much and yet I've spent my time adding dozens and dozens of you. Rest assured, as soon as I can, I will.

Actually, I think I read that any clan members who weren't "peons" could send invites to new members, so perhaps I don't have to do it all myself.

Yes I can see that. However, almost everyone I have on my friends list I have through playing Ghost Recon with them for a few hours, and on the basis of that inviting them or being invited. How can this happen if you form a brand new group each time you play a single match? Or am I missing something?

Thats what the party system is for.

Say you play a capture the flag game, and get on well with two of your team members you can send them a party invite (press Y and then move right to recent players) and then the three of you will be in a party together. And you can then play a few more team games. You can then add them to your friends list at any point for more games in the future.

In reality though I've never done that. Friends I play with are people off here or elsewhere almost exclusively.

The real benefit of the system is that when you are playing against strangers it automatically decides who has the best connection, so you almost always get to play good speed games. If your party doesn't have a good connection it saves having to pick the least worst of your connections.

Once you have got friends online, you can either play as a party still, or then play custom games.

It's not perfect - but it is *very* clever.

Actually, I think I read that any clan members who weren't "peons" could send invites to new members, so perhaps I don't have to do it all myself.

I can send clan invites it seems, so I just have to ninja stickman, and now to ZOK.

Assuming all goes fine their end it seems you can relax as any of us can do it.

scottcr - Whats your gamer tag?

the whole system is spectacularly clever... all the games I've played so far have been brilliantly balanced. I'm playing games I have a chance to win in. I don't have to worry about who's hosting and arranging games is so much easier. They do seem to have significantly decreased the wait to find quickmatch and optimatch games, which is good. I find myself jumping in and out of Halo 2 online games more often than any other live enabled game... would be nice if it was more tightly integrated with the game itself. Shouldn't my single player prowess not make it into my ranking? Other than that, they've done a great job. I haven't experienced a single bit of lag or feeling that there's no point in playing...

The only problem I have with the whole experience is the lack of communication and banter. Most people don't seem to bother with radio comms and the proximity stuff is very difficult to hear clearly through the tv speakers. I know you can configure it to play both through the headset, but, then you can't tell the difference.

Also, with the proximity speak, there's no stereo positioning... so you don't get any idea to where they are, unlike you do with footsteps and weapons fire.

Btw.. I'm a bit confused... when playing in a team and I talk into my mic without pressing the white button... can anyone hear me? Is that proximity only?

I can send clan invites it seems, so I just have to ninja stickman, and now to ZOK.

Assuming all goes fine their end it seems you can relax as any of us can do it.

scottcr - Whats your gamer tag?

My gamertag is the imaginatively named

"Scott Russell"

;)

cheers

btw... how does the group stuff work? I've joined another (slightly randomly found glasgow based group) and I don't see any of the members in my friends list?

I must be stupid....

I'm not sure. It doesn't seem to be integrated with your friends list / clan list. Perhaps it's an exclusively web based thing: you get to use the group's forum etc.

Hey people,

I'm not too hot at Halo2... only had my xbox a month so am still playing through Halo 1's campaign but am doing a bit of H2 on live too. Can someone add me please, my tag is BlackPlastic.

Cheers in advance xx

BlackPlastic and Scott Russell should both have clan invites winging their way at this very moment.

:P

ah!

so.. once I'm in a clan, I'll see all you guys? Is that right?

(sorry.. but wonderful though halo's online stuff is... it's confused me slightly!)

Just move right from your friends list to get to the clan list. It just saves typing all the names in.