Favourite Peel Session?

I don't remember too many of these, since I never remember to buy the interesting ones that come out on CD, except for:

Orbital:

1. Lush (Euro-Tunnel Disaster '94)

2. Walk About

3. Semi Detached

4. Attached

Dave Clarke - Directional Force

1. C.O.B.E Theme

2. Ngc 3628

3. Adagio For M3

4. M64 The Black Eye Galaxy

So what else was good?

Bye John :ph34r:

As I posted in Off Topic, I do like Ash - Jack Names the Planets, but my mp3 has John Peel talking at the start and end of it, and it put a lump in my throat.

Sessions I liked: Kenickie (Scared of Spiders is lovely) and The Delgados.

I'll always have much love for The Pig's Big 78 where a track from the '20s or '30s would be played. Jay Wilbur's They Can't Black out the Moon being a personal favourite.

The Laura Cantrell one where she did 'Lee Harvey was a friend of mine'. I remember listening to it at work and it was obvious how much he liked the band and they liked him.

Was that just the other week? I was listening to it at work too and it pierced through the general background nature of listening to music, top quality track that.

Hurrah for the bbc website for their radio player, I'd just got back into listening to John Peel's shows...

Was that just the other week? I was listening to it at work too and it pierced through the general background nature of listening to music, top quality track that.

The one I heard must have been about a year ago, but she's done quite a few sessions so may have been on again (or it could have been repeated).

Laura Cantrell's fantastic and I've got John Peel to thank for hearing her (and loads of other bands) first.

Although, I have to say, even he would probably think the coverage is going to be a bit much by the end of the day. On Sky News it's like the Queen has died.

Future Sound of London: Space Hippy (amazing ambient track with answer phone messages over the top), Papua New Guinea, Lifeforms, and another track I can't remember. I'm not at home so can't check, I'm also away from my record collection so can't play it right now :)

Aphex Twin: The Garden of Cinmiri, Italic Eyeball and other tracks I can't remember right now.

Orbital:

1. Lush (Euro-Tunnel Disaster '94)

2. Walk About

3. Semi Detached

4. Attached

I agree with this one, Lush (Euro Tunnel) is one of Orbital's best tracks.

Happy Mondays: Simply for the version of Tart Tart.

Electro Hippies:

1. Sheep

2. Starve the City(To Feed The Poor)

3. Meltdown

4. Escape

5. Dead End

6. Thought

7. Chickens

8. Mother

9. Mega Armageddon Death

Or

Intense Degree

1. Hangin' on/Vagrants/Skateboard

2. Intense Degree/All the Guys/Daydreams

3. Take No Chances/Future Shock/Politician

4. Allegiance/Bursting

I was really into hardcore punk at the time these came out and John Peel was just about the only place you ever heard it.

Global Communication's peel session was ace, as they'd sampled John Peel at the end of one track saying he didn't know what the track was. I remember John saying, well that was embarrassing.

Global Communication did a Peel Session?

:lol:

I'll have to try and track it down...

PEEL IS DEAD!

Wow I only just found out.

Someone get me a setsuma while banging two children covered in tin foil and skittles together. An eclectic mix.