rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
rcb

Mcdonalds Or Burger King?

It's obvious how bad the stuff is for you. As soon as you've finished eating it, you have a sore stomach and feel bloated for 20 minutes. Then you feel full for 20 minutes. Then you're starving again.

It's obvious how bad the stuff is for you. As soon as you've finished eating it, you have a sore stomach and feel bloated for 20 minutes. Then you feel full for 20 minutes. Then you're starving again.

I've never had that happen but then again I tend to eat it in Moderation, so...

I like everything at Burger King more especially the Chicken Royale and the chips, but McDonalds have better Double Cheeseburgers imo.

Burger Kings for me, I don't like McDonalds very much. I had some big mac meal last Wednesday when I went to Leamington Spa for interview and it was shit. (After interview)

But I prefer Aberdeen Agnus mega burgers from birdeyes as it is nice and fillling with baon and tomato ketchup and proper quality baps. But you can't buy them already cooked.

BK are owned by a different company in Britain so that may be where your confusion arises.

Was in Burger King in Leicester last Saturday. The muppets had run out of burgers.

I asked for a King, they didn't laugh.

Dundee's KFC had no chicken when I went in one time. If this thread has proved nothing else, it has at least become apparent that us Scots operate a very "special" fast food serivce.

McDonalds= American

Burger King= British

Enough said.

Toops

BK was once owed by Diageo but bought by a consortium of US VCs. Has anything happened since? I no longer keep up to date with such things. I had close ties with Allied Domecq (I worked on a reasonable sized bond offering for them) and worked on some other banking stuff with Diageo in a previous life.

Dundee's KFC had no chicken when I went in one time. If this thread has proved nothing else, it has at least become apparent that us Scots operate a very "special" fast food serivce.

Have you ever been up to the one up the road near grouchos? I think its called Kansas fried chicken or some shit but I've been too afraid to go in.

Wimpey = UK

right? :unsure:

"wimpy is the home of the hamburger and they've got everything under the bun"

Then along came MCdonalds and pissed on the bun :)

Last time I was in a wimpy I got sausage chips and beans with a knife and fork and tea in a CUP AND SAUCER,very Sids caf.

Mind that was 10 years or so ago when there was still a wimpy around here.

I miss that burger beefeater chap :(

Have you ever been up to the one up the road near grouchos? I think its called Kansas fried chicken or some shit but I've been too afraid to go in.

Ah yes. That thing seems to change every couple of months. I do remember it having a thesaurused-up version of 'Kentucky Fried Chicken' was upon a time. It's since had other foody iterations, the highlight of which was probably 'MacIndian.' The picture on the sign was of Guru Nanak or Vishnu or somegod doing a highland jig. Despite the name and logo, MacIndian seemed to deal in mostly chips and burgers.

These days, it's a deli/sandwich bar/lunch haunt for folk who can't afford Guzzling Gourmet.

I hate this city.

I miss that burger beefeater chap :)

A friend of mine fondly recalls the time when a mental wee ned fully JUMPED INSIDE MR. WIMPY'S MOUTH AND BATTERED THE POOR SAP INSIDE. Only in Sauchiehall Street, yo!

That was back in the early nineties. That boy is probably either dead or incarcerated now.

I love that city.

Fast food is invariably crap. In fact, all restaurant chains are crap. They make up receipes based on how much the ingredients cost and whether their suppliers can get the sufficiently large quantities.

I'd rather go to a small independent place where they care about the food they serve.

Dundee has a small independant kebab pusher called 'Marmaris.'

Ridiculously, they have certificates on the wall proclaiming "Intermediate hygeine" and "Basic health and safety."

I HATE this city.

Burger King> McDonalds

Except for the milkshakes and McFlurries

KFC do shit drinks and chips.

In the States:

Taco Bell > Wendys > Burger King.

And the best thing is actually dipping your fries into a Wendy''s frosty....ice cream and fires work's surprisingly well when mixed.

But for getting to the true essence of fast food, just grab a couple of hotdogs if you're ever in Schweden or Denmark.

In the States:

Taco Bell > Wendys > Burger King.

UntrueFAX. Taco Bell is fucking shit, anyone who thinks otherwise needs to go get proper mexican food in California. In reality comparing like for like:

Non francise burger place > In-and-Out Burger > Wendy's > Burger King > McDonalds.

The best burger chain known to man is Japan's Freshness Burger.

fresh.jpg

The teriyaki hamburgers are absolute sheer brilliance. Absolutely delicious. The only problem with it is that there isn't enough. But seriously, the burger could be the size of John Pickford and you still wouldn't be able to get enough of it.

I want one right now, but that aint gonna happen.

UntrueFAX. Taco Bell is fucking shit, anyone who thinks otherwise needs to go get proper mexican food in California. In reality comparing like for like:

Non francise burger place > In-and-Out Burger > Wendy's > Burger King > McDonalds.

I've had proper Mexican food.

I've also found it hard to find proper Mexican food available at 1am in Washington State....and I prefer Taco Bell to McDs or BK...

I thought this was like for like comparisons...I might as well suggest instead of going to McDonalds, you should all visit 'Dicks' in Seattle (oldest burger chain in the city apparently), to order a 'Big Dicks', or Bob's Burgers and Brew in Bellingham.

The best burger chain known to man is Japan's Freshness Burger.

fresh.jpg

The teriyaki hamburgers are absolute sheer brilliance. Absolutely delicious. The only problem with it is that there isn't enough. But seriously, the burger could be the size of John Pickford and you still wouldn't be able to get enough of it.

I want one right now, but that aint gonna happen.

That sounds fucking great.

I want one :unsure:

That sounds fucking great.

Oh man, they are. Trust me, buddy. If you ever find yourself in the land of ninjas be sure to drop by Freshness Burger. They're everywhere. Indeed, on my last day there I went to Freshness Burger in Roppongi, devoured their teriyaki burger, hopped on the underground and devoured another one in a Shibuya Freshness Burger.

I tell you, it'll change your ideas on what makes a tasty burger.

I wish I'd tried all of their burgers, but there was so much good food out there, you know? It'd have been an absolute waste to eat in a burger chain every day.

The teriyaki burger blew me away, though. Here's their menu:

FRESHNESS BURGER

???????????

R280/S170

SALSA BURGER

???????

R290/S180

TERIYAKI BURGER

????????

R280/S170

TERIYAKI CHICKEN BURGER

???????????

R300

CHEESE BURGER

???????

R320

BACON OMELET BURGER

????????????

R290/S180

MENCHI BURGER

???????

R280/S170

NEGIMISO BURGER

????????

R270/S160

FISH BURGER

?????????

R290

who cares about the menu, it has FRESHNESS in the title.

Carls Jr were probably my favourite of the burger places in the US. Taco Bell last. Jack in the Box and In and Out were good too.