IGNORED

The Beer Thread

Professor Rob

Most of the beers mentioned in this thread are going cheap at Tesco atm, so I've been taking the opportunity to try some.

I was completely ignorant of all these import beers before, always presumed they'd be second rate, but Asahi was good, it's kind of like Stella and I quite like the Pilsner stuff as well. I also been trying San Miguel, it's a nice refreshing, light beer.

Normally I'm a Corona/Bud/Miller sort of guy, but since I'm mostly broke atm, it's good to have all these extra options. :unsure:

Abusing my position as an erasmus student in Belgium to sample as many beers a possible. I must have sampled 50+ new beers. Current favourites are 75cl bottles of St Feuillien and a beer called Quintine. Went to a beer festival in Hasselt a few weeks a go and it was really good. You bought tokens then just help up a sign and filled in the number of the beer you wanted so you didn't have to move. Going to a christmas beer festival in Essen on the 16th December, which should be fun, although they tend to put too much spice, especially Coriander in the christmas beers. On the plus side, most are strong, between about 8% and 12 % so at least I can get pissed. Not looking forward to going home at christmas and drinking Harp lager really. On the other hand, the Belgians cannot do a good Pilsner so I will come home and get some good German/Czech/Polish stuff and will hopefully call into Cologne before then to get some good german stuff down me. I love beer.....

• 2 weeks later...

I'm more than happy to tam some Carling when I'm out, as long as there's a dash of limp wristed lime in to take away the edge. The worst part of it is the head, it's sometimes as if someone just spat in the top of it. At least it'll always be better than Tennants.

My favourite lager (if I can find it!) is easily the Japanese's liquid gold Kirin. Immense balance of taste and refreshment that surpasses the more common Grolsch and Kronenberg.

Gold Kirin is really good stuff. A bit more expensive than the silver but definitely worth it. Giraffe beer!

If anyone can find somewhere where I can buy Fruli then I will probably offer sexual favours (this is spanx btw, not the missus. can't be arsed to log out)

Had several pints at the Jesus Meet last night and it's my new favourite thing ever

Me too, Spanx. And thank you muchly for the pint of Fruli you bought me. You, sir, are a gent.

It's fucking greeeeat. I hate lagers. I hate beers. But last night I drank two pints of this stuff - it's delicious.

I'll second Spanx' request for info on where you can buy this stuff.

FRULI.jpg

the extra cold stuff they do in pubs nowadays is good.

carling extra cold is good, a bit watery maybe, unless i'm in the wrong pub.

fosters aint bad either.

how about stella? you cant knock it.

How old are you?

I remember when I was 16 loving Carling extra cold as it tasted like better piss. Fosters is fine in a pint but fucking awful in a can.

I love tasting new largers and that Fruli looks lush and must get my hands on some.

Only tend to drink cider or ale these days but when I venture to lager I stick to Cobra (said in Irwins voice).

aah Fruli, the great Ship and Mitre in Liverpool have that on tap. Can only manage one as its like having a big dessert. Lovely though.

I noticed a promotion on beer at ASDA on the T.V. today, I think I might stock up on some while it's cheap, I did it last year.

I can't see Tennents on their website but it'll be there in store as I caught a glimpse of it on the advert, but with Carlsberg it works out at about 37p a can (£22 for for 3x20) and I imagine they'll be about the same.

That's £4.44 for a 12 pack when in Haddows a 12 pack is about £8. Sounds good to me.

I'm drunk just thinking about it. Drunk on savings.

How old are you?

I remember when I was 16 loving Carling extra cold as it tasted like better piss. Fosters is fine in a pint but fucking awful in a can.

I love tasting new largers and that Fruli looks lush and must get my hands on some.

How old are you do you mean?

They've onle recently started doing extra cold stuff (especially carling) so when are you talking about? unless you're 17 yrs old.

Who's talking about cans anyway?

What are you, some kind of wino?

:unsure::D

Erdinger is excellent. Sadly the only pub that sells it near me is a crappy o'neils and it costs about £3.50 a pint.

Similar situation here.

Tesco have the 500ml bottles on special offer at the moment though, bought a few of them the other day. Still works out to around £1.20 something a bottle!

If anybody goes to Costco they currently have a crate of 12 lagers (large bottles) each one from a different country, some obvious (mythos) but some ive never tasted before.

I brought a box for christmas, 9.99

Superb. I've got membership there so I'll pop in sometime this week. I love trying different lagers.