Jump to content

The Beer Thread


Professor Rob
 Share

Recommended Posts

54 minutes ago, minstrels said:

Have you guys tried phoning them? Somebody I follow on Twitter had a few issues with them that got sorted out straight away on the phone.

 

I might get to that point in a day or two. I'm not in a hurry anyway, and I'm just following their 'problem? get in touch by replying to this email' request to begin with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did think about calling them but there was no number listed on the contact page so didnt in the end.  I did find a number from googling though so you could try that.

 

@memories did they really send you 23 of the 24 missing beers? that is absolutely hilarious! 🤣

You are doing better than me if they offered you some apology beers though, they didn't offer me anything by way of an apology.

 

@milko you shouldn't need to wait though, pretty much any other craft brewery would have shipped your order within 2 days or contacted you if there was an issue.  Getting nothing from BBNo for 2 weeks is not acceptable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@StumpyJohnyip that pic is exactly what was in the box I opened.

 

It is funny now to be honest🤣

 

The driver mentioned when he dropped them off that there was an extra security seal on the box and that meant DHL had opened it and resealed, there is also tape on the box with "repackaged" on it. I can't help thinking someone's opened it and nicked some of the beers.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hmm, this box today was from DHL, I wonder if this is the original box that was damaged and DHL have finally sent it in.

 

Looking at my messages with BBNO the said yesterday they were resending with DPD this time and it is due Thursday. Arriving today did seem quick. I'm losing the plot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, memories said:

Hmm, this box today was from DHL, I wonder if this is the original box that was damaged and DHL have finally sent it in.

 

Looking at my messages with BBNO the said yesterday they were resending with DPD this time and it is due Thursday. Arriving today did seem quick. I'm losing the plot.

Sounds like you might get double then.

 

They are doing another box with 15% off (BREW15) that has 24 cans, including 3 new beers, just had the email through. Tempted but most of the beer is not my generally taste and would be a gamble.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Gigga said:

They sent me a refer a friend thing if anyone wants to try the Tryanuary box for half price.

That would make it £29 for 24 beers, and despite the delivery issues the beers are always decent.



 

FFS, £35 with delivery is crazy. Too good to ignore i think. I'm interested.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm a big dummy.. I didn't read the thing they sent me at all.

Anyone can get the 50% off with this link (http://brewbynumbers.refr.cc/garethl) (and it gives me 50% off too)

But I've already referred someone so if one of you guys wants to get your referral link you can put your details in here and generate your own link https://brewbynumbers.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c0d7d5f821f26134fd98ea9d7&id=b624591d0f&e=6206338241

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Five Points currently have an 8x500ml pack of their green hop pale ale on offer for £22.50, a 4 and 4 of their bitter and pale ale is also the same price.

 

Another fiver off if you're a patreon of Craft Beer Channel which makes it £23.50 for 8 bottles delivered (not sure if that works on the mixed pack).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Gigga said:

I'm a big dummy.. I didn't read the thing they sent me at all.

Anyone can get the 50% off with this link (http://brewbynumbers.refr.cc/garethl) (and it gives me 50% off too)

But I've already referred someone so if one of you guys wants to get your referral link you can put your details in here and generate your own link https://brewbynumbers.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c0d7d5f821f26134fd98ea9d7&id=b624591d0f&e=6206338241

 

No new customer requirement or anything here? Very tempted if not, particularly by that blueberry gose.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, minstrels said:

Five Points currently have an 8x500ml pack of their green hop pale ale on offer for £22.50, a 4 and 4 of their bitter and pale ale is also the same price.

 

Another fiver off if you're a patreon of Craft Beer Channel which makes it £23.50 for 8 bottles delivered (not sure if that works on the mixed pack).

 

Surprised to find that they are still independently owned - I always felt that they must have sold out somewhere, because they are so big, but also their quality and price is so mass-market.

 

Not a huge fan unfortunately.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Isaac said:

 

Surprised to find that they are still independently owned - I always felt that they must have sold out somewhere, because they are so big, but also their quality and price is so mass-market.

 

Not a huge fan unfortunately.

I feel similarly about Brew By Numbers. :D

 

They're certainly no bigger than BBNo though, and their prices seem roughly in line with them. 24x330ml of a pale ale on Five Points website for £52 (outside of the sale), 24x440ml on BBNo's website for £62.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, minstrels said:

I feel similarly about Brew By Numbers. :D

 

They're certainly no bigger than BBNo though, and their prices seem roughly in line with them. 24x330ml of a pale ale on Five Points website for £52 (outside of the sale), 24x440ml on BBNo's website for £62.

 

They are 3-4x the size of BBNo in terms of revenue (and brewing capacity). Not quite sure where you got that they were the same.

 

Five Points are brewing 4 million pints a year, BBNo are nowhere near that.

 

They also seem laser-focused on the supermarkets, mass-market and places like Nando's, whereas BBNo seem much more into small batch.

 

Nothing wrong with that, mind. Just not really for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Isaac said:

 

They are 3-4x the size of BBNo in terms of revenue (and brewing capacity). Not quite sure where you got that they were the same.

 

Five Points are brewing 4 million pints a year, BBNo are nowhere near that.

 

They also seem laser-focused on the supermarkets, mass-market and places like Nando's, whereas BBNo seem much more into small batch.

 

Nothing wrong with that, mind. Just not really for me.

Where are you getting the numbers for both breweries? I'd be incredibly surprised if Five Points are actually 4x as big as Brew By Numbers. I've not been able to find anything online but Five Points brew on a 20 barrel system and I'd put money on Brew By Numbers brewing on a 20 barrel system as well.

 

They're no more supermarket focused than Brew By Numbers either I'd say, both appear to have beer in one or two supermarkets, and I think the type of beer that Brew By Numbers favours (soft, juicy pale ales) are far more mass market than what Five Points brew (green hop pales, best bitter, porter).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, minstrels said:

Where are you getting the numbers for both breweries? I'd be incredibly surprised if Five Points are actually 4x as big as Brew By Numbers. I've not been able to find anything online but Five Points brew on a 20 barrel system and I'd put money on Brew By Numbers brewing on a 20 barrel system as well.

 

They're no more supermarket focused than Brew By Numbers either I'd say, both appear to have beer in one or two supermarkets, and I think the type of beer that Brew By Numbers favours (soft, juicy pale ales) are far more mass market than what Five Points brew (green hop pales, best bitter, porter).

 

I got the Five Points numbers from their latest CrowdCube raise.

 

Same with BBNo.

 

They are both about a year out of date but Five Points was 4x the revenue of BBNo in 2019 (£4.8m vs £1.2m)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Isaac said:

 

I got the Five Points numbers from their latest CrowdCube raise.

 

Same with BBNo.

 

They are both about a year out of date but Five Points was 4x the revenue of BBNo in 2019 (£4.8m vs £1.2m)

Boy do I look silly. They do have the same size brew kit as Five Points though, I asked somebody at the brewery and they do both have 20bbl kits.

 

I definitely stand by my mass market comments though, especially as I've just been told Brew By Numbers is in four different supermarkets.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, I'm probably being unfair. I'm mainly judging Five Points on Jupa, which is absolutely everywhere in bars in London and I loathe.

 

It tastes artificially flavoured in the same way Tiny Rebel's beers do. Like sweets or something. And yet weirdly thin.

 

This is someone else's review off BeerAdvocate but sums up my feelings exactly:

 

Quote

Surprised that this is ice-clear - can you do juicy without haze these days? That contradiction carries through: lots of vulgar tropical fruit smoothie, but instead of the softness of a NEIPA, it sits on a razor thin body (wheat + oats? where?) yet with no real bitterness. Mosaic is tearing a swath of savoury destruction. And at 5.5%, am I supposed to session this? Plus a ton of sediment at the bottom of the can?! A confusing melange of half-styles that seems to overlap with beers 5P already has in their portfolio (yet this is core range?) I can’t picture ever really wanting to drink this.

 

I cannot overstate how much I hate that Jupa is everywhere at the moment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 25/01/2022 at 16:52, memories said:

Hmm, this box today was from DHL, I wonder if this is the original box that was damaged and DHL have finally sent it in.

 

Looking at my messages with BBNO the said yesterday they were resending with DPD this time and it is due Thursday. Arriving today did seem quick. I'm losing the plot.

So this just arrived....

IMG_20220127_100503__01.thumb.jpg.8b8b27a5bb00bd142dfa711b165306d7.jpg

 

Seem that first box from DHL was the original order and now this second set with added apology beers has turned up today from DPD.

 

Amazing 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got in touch with BBNO saying I had this second delivery and do they want to arrange to pick up a set.

 

They asked if I now had all I ordered and the added extras. Said yes and then some and they have just replied with a "heart" reaction.

 

Guess I've got some more beers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just got my "reward" through from the referral link and ordered two of the Tryanuary packs with free shipping for £58 which is ridiculous value.

I think I'll end up with 3 more vouchers so I'll post a couple in here once they come through.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.