This Weekend Gaming

Salsa Party Animal

I just bought a PSX as I miss my Xbox as it is at home and so am getting bored whilst at University with having no games to play. I am currently playing Gran Turismo, Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy VII, and I am enjoying it immensely.

Is the game worth buying if you don't have live? Enjoyed Dynasty warriors 4 on the xbox too, is it anything like that?

Completely worthy. I bought it firstly for the single player and it rocks. Deeper and toughter than DW4, and graphically impressive too. Moreover the european feeling pervading the whole game,mainly thanks to strong design and concept art, make this game one of the best released recently. It is also quite good on the longevity side, so buy in complete confidence, if you do not mind a good challenge and if you like RT strategy games.

As for Halo on Legendary, I almost lost the will to live after I lost my progress, when I was near the end of Truth and Reconciliation on Legendary. I've not gone back since...

That's by far the most difficult level on Legendary. You should give it another try, it's just too good to miss!

I'll be finishing Majora's Mask (second time through) this weekend. I'm working throught the bomber's notebook, the dungeons are already completed. If I find some time I'll also try to complete Fire Emblem which I've been playing on and off for the last couple of weeks. Good stuff.

Gah, I got into the Matrix Online beta but it's such a system hog that I can't play it for more than 10 minutes before quitting in frustration. And it's not even like my rig is that bad!

Grrrr.

Tell me about it - I've just come off an hour of play and it's driving me mad. I've got a relatively good machine (as well as a top-of-the-line ATI card) and it's juddering all over the shop. It's full of bugs and problems too, but then I guess that's why it's still only in beta and isn't coming out until January at the earliest.

And I'd love to post POP2 impressions here, dreamylittledream... but I'm too busy shaking my head in disbelief about how many people have already written it off in the dedicated thread elsewhere on this board. Idiots.

Tell me about it - I've just come off an hour of play and it's driving me mad. I've got a relatively good machine (as well as a top-of-the-line ATI card) and it's juddering all over the shop. It's full of bugs and problems too, but then I guess that's why it's still only in beta and isn't coming out until January at the earliest.

And I'd love to post POP2 impressions here, dreamylittledream... but I'm too busy shaking my head in disbelief about how many people have already written it off in the dedicated thread elsewhere on this board. Idiots.

Bah ignore them...its still my most anticipated game of the year and I'm praying that the darker tone is just that tone and not a fundemental gameplay shift.

Ubisoft haven't let me down so far...and what I've seen looks different but excellent...just that nagging fear of a re-run of the DMC2 experience needs re-assurance...

Anyway I'll stop hi-jacking the thread now

San Andreas for me.

As for Halo on Legendary, I almost lost the will to live after I lost my progress, when I was near the end of Truth and Reconciliation on Legendary. I've not gone back since...

hmm

Halo on legendry is easy if you know how to exploit the games weaknesses.

In the beggining try standing on boulders and snipe enemies before you assault positions. Oh and screw your human chums they're useless chumps.

Cardfighters Clash(NGPC) - just nice to pick up and have a 5 minute card battle inbetween bouts of work.

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga(GBA) - got it for a tenner recently and is probably one of the most gorgeous 2D games I have ever played. Really taking my time at the moment because I'm enjoying it too much and I don't want it to end.

Just trying to fill the gap until Halo 2 arrives really.

Well I finished Sly 2 and damn good game it turned out to be.

Now I'm trying to decide which of my other incomplete games to play this weekend. I'm think Metroid Prime or Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes I've just had a quick go on MGS but to be honest stealth is not my strong point so I just keep dying so MP looks like my game of choice for Sunday.

Fable for me. Started it last weekend, and have been taking my time with it. Still really enjoying it and I should prolly finish it sometime tomorrow.

And right now I think I might stick in Midway Arcade treasures 2 as I've yet to try it out.

Burnout 3 -- I dig it. Great game. The speed, the handling, the graphics - all great. The perfect arcade racer, imo. I seem to be zipping through it (winning most races/challenges on my first go) but it's a great all around driving package.

Oh yeah, had a wonder around Grim Fandango yesterday as well. God, I love the design of that sucker. It's such a great world to explore and Manny is an engaging lead character. And who can forget Glotis? Probably my favorite game of all time...

...but I need to get some work done... bloody games, eh?

You know how I said I'd be playing San Andreas all weekend? Well, I just spent the last two hours replaing Max Payne 2. :(

Max Payne is SO underrated. It's simply an excellent action game and the slo-mo action sequences NEVER get boring. I don't care if it's 'only' 6-8 hours to complete, this is quality over quantity.

I'm talking bout the beautiful PC version, haven't played console versions but imagine the gameplay is pretty much identiacal.

Max Payne is SO underrated. It's simply an excellent action game and the slo-mo action sequences NEVER get boring. I don't care if it's 'only' 6-8 hours to complete, this is quality over quantity.

I'm talking bout the beautiful PC version, haven't played console versions but imagine the gameplay is pretty much identiacal.

Yep, I'm on the PC version. Impeccably coded too - I'm running it at 1280x1024 on a 9600XT, with everything set to high, and 4xAA, and it's silky smooth. I can't wait 'till my X800XT to arrive. 1600x1200 here I come! :unsure:

PES 4- Its rather good :lol:

Xmen -Legends - Its growing on me; An action RPG (and I usually abhor rpgs) thanks Raven!

I have not played GTA:SA yet :unsure: - for fear that I may not want to play anything else once this takes a hold of my life....

All these and HALO 2 is incoming this week.....

(Metroid Prime 2 is also incoming argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I'm glad it's not just me!

I got a Gamecube and seven games yesterday so as you can imagine I've been playing that a bit. Thus:

Ikaruga

Mario Kart: DD

Super Monkey Ball (I'm getting twitchy that I'm not playing this right now)

I'm caining San Andreas as well... just started the whole gangwar aspect of it... it just gets better every time I play it.