Battlestar Galactica - American series viewers

Venice Cull

I downloaded this from Demonoid in about an hour, today. You need to have an account there, though, to use it.

Anyway, just finished watching it.

Well, it was all a little pointless, wasn't it? Though, entertaining pointlessness all the same. There was only one new thing in the entire hour & a half we learned that will have any effect on S4. The sfx were amazing, however. Benchmark stuff.

Was it their intention to cast a lead that looks the splitting image of Grace Park, though? :P If it wasn't for the Australian accent I'd almost think it was her.

No sign of Baltar, either. I miss him. Season 4 is such along time away. :lol:

Was it their intention to cast a lead that looks the splitting image of Grace Park, though? :P If it wasn't for the Australian accent I'd almost think it was her.

I didn't think so. Didn't even cross my mind really. Agree about Baltar though.

As others have said, it was entertaining, but also a bit dissapointing. I felt that at times, the dialogue wasn't quite up to par, and that the story as a whole suffers a bit from BSG filleritus. The show really is at its best when telling long, multi-season story arcs.

Still, it was a heck of a lot better than most of the actual filler!

Just finished series 3 after watching them from the start over the last couple of months. Series one and two are probably the best sci-fi I've ever had the pleasure to watch with series 3 also starting well. However, season 3 ended up being such a let down, tons of filler (made all the worse by suddenly changing long standing character's personalities just to fit the episode) and a god awful ending. Who thought it would be a good idea to have some courtroom drama as a close for a season and bloody rock music? Sigh :/

Just finished series 3 after watching them from the start over the last couple of months. Series one and two are probably the best sci-fi I've ever had the pleasure to watch with series 3 also starting well. However, season 3 ended up being such a let down, tons of filler (made all the worse by suddenly changing long standing character's personalities just to fit the episode) and a god awful ending. Who thought it would be a good idea to have some courtroom drama as a close for a season and bloody rock music? Sigh :/

He's right about the amount of filler, but please god ignor the rest of his fevered rantings. :lol:

The courtroom stuff was ace, and the ending was superb. Then of course there was Exodus Part 2. :lol:

It definatly suffered from NOT being BSG.

Mainly it didn't seem able to make an "real" impact on the main series (as it would be unfair on viewers who didn't see it).

Good, but not as brilliant as it could have been. I'm not 100% what the purpose was. There seemed to be 2 stories they wanted to tell (Pegasus post war) and this first hybrid...I'm not sure why they mashed them together. (I felt it was jarring to go back to how the main characters were nearly 2 years in our time, 6 or 7 in theirs...)

The effects also seemed pretty, but quick and sometimes disjointed. I thought the webisodes showed a better battle :lol:

More I think about it...more I'm coming up "meh".

Was that out first showing of BSG homosexuality? My Helo/Apollo ship might happen!

Nah. He got it spot on.

Nah. He didn't.

I think it's fair to say it's the worst season on the whole, but only in relative terms. There's only one episode that's actually bad in my eyes (Hero), and at it's best it's the best BSG has ever been.