Gt4 Jap

snk

So who is importing this next month?

I am very tempted but I am a little worried about all the Jap text. Has anyone got any idea whether its text heavy.

I really shouldn't bother until march as I have GTA SA, HALO 2 and HL2 to play over xmas but I loved GT3.

Going by the previous games, I'd guess it would be pretty much unplayable, as they have alll been fairly text heavy, and not being able to see what the requirements are for a race / tournament etc are will be nothing short of an impassable language barrier.

Having said that, Im sure there will be a translation up on gamefaqs.com within 1 week of release.

Class! Cheers mate. So why so long for the Euro Release? Are they translating it to loads of different Euro Languages as well as English?

Yep. I seem to remember hearing that there is speech in the game too (in the licence tests, I believe), which will obviously need to be done in each language.

"We can confirm that GT4 will now be released in Q1 2005 for Europe," the publisher told Eurogamer this morning. "The localisation of GT4 across the PAL territories is a huge undertaking because the product is localised into 13 different languages across the PAL territories, therefore the process takes considerably longer than it does in Japan. The GT brand strives for perfection, therefore we need to ensure that the localisation and testing of the product is done to the highest possible standard."

:unsure:

I'm realy looking forward to this, although I know alot of people are disapointed thats it's not online.

Also check this out that I saw posted over at ntsc

http://www.jp.playstation.com/game/...o/nike_gt4.html

"Apparently, to unlock the Nike car you need an eyeyoy. If you got an eyetoy camera and you are wearing the shirt, the camera will recognize the logo on your shirt and it will unlock an extra-car in GT4 " (mr_sockochris)

Gran Turismo 4 update: NO ENGLISH language version / updated release schedule

this e-mail contains important information regarding your Gran Turismo 4 preorder, please read it carefully.

As officially announced by Sony Hong Kong today, the previously expected Chinese/English language version of Gran Turismo 4 has now been updated to be a solely Chinese language version release.

This may certainly affect the decision for many customers who now like to switch or cancel their preorder. If you like to modify your preorder, you are able to do so in your customer account. Please click onto your order details and follow the designated modify order link.

At the same time, you are also able to cancel your preorder in your customer account in case your order was paid for by credit card. If you have paid by PayPal, bank transfer or any other manual payment method, please contact our customer service in case you wish to cancel your preorder. (please state your order ID as reference for easier processing).

Below you will find the updated new release schedule. Everything remains unchanged apart from the fact that the Asian (Chinese language) version does not contain an English language option. All items are expected to be shipping on or before December 3rd.

We deeply apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused to someone.

Damnit.

I'm realy looking forward to this, although I know alot of people are disapointed thats it's not online.

Also check this out that I saw posted over at ntsc

http://www.jp.playstation.com/game/...o/nike_gt4.html

"Apparently, to unlock the Nike car you need an eyeyoy. If you got an eyetoy camera and you are wearing the shirt, the camera will recognize the logo on your shirt and it will unlock an extra-car in GT4 " (mr_sockochris)

.::: The thing works with a pattern recognition thingy they use on mobiles there as wel. It'll be only a matter of time, before someone copies the pattern to the Internet, so you can print it out and hold aloft before your own EyeToy.

That is, if Sony leaves it to be in every build of course....

I'm still not sure. I have the Asian version (Chinese language) of GT4 proloque and although I don't understand much of the symbols the lady voice-over in the tests more then made up for it. I cleared it easily but given the hugeness of GT4 it may prove a burden to progress in the long run.

Sod it, there's faqs for that :angry:

The release date has changed on the Official site... again.. "Ah well, the game has gone gold, let's throw in another delay.."

28 dec.. Hmm.. Gran Turismo Resort page still shows 3 dec.. Scary shit.

Edit Babblefish : Yes indeed...

The SONY computer entertainment Japan*), ' GRAN TURISMO 4 ' (GT4) sale day this year December 3rd (the gold) from December 28th (the fire) being to decide that it modifies, we guide.

GT4 the car 80 manufacturer 700 or more, the stage which rises to the course of existence and 65 kind 90 courses which include the city, records the various travelling events which exceed 550, has become ' game contents of maximum scale in グランツーリスモ ' series history. So far, directing to the sale December 3rd, it started doing last adjustment, but because this time, adjustment place outside supposition remains, finishing to step on it reached the point of inevitably to sale day modification.

As you say to everyone of the user which the sale of GT4 waiting we have received to apologize the fact that it does to apply annoyance very much deeply, that no soldier/finishing understanding is granted, we ask.

*) For the country you take charge of business as a division company of corporation SONY computer entertainment

*sigh*